SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-27-20, 01:54 PM   #1411
gracjanski
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Game is crashing after the menu, while loading the campaign or tutorial. I dont think my gaming laptop is too weak for this game, it is from 2012, nvidia 660M, Win 7 64 bit. Anyway I will try this game and mod again with my next laptop
gracjanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-20, 05:47 PM   #1412
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

gracjanski!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-20, 07:58 AM   #1413
Urmel
LSH2020 Manager

Downloads: 6

To make sure again:

With LSH3-Edition-2015 you NEVER need a password!

Just start the file:

- LSH3-EDITION-2015-STARTER-FULL.EXE

or the file:

- LSH3-EDITION-2015-STARTER-SPLIT.EXE

The installation then runs automatically and NEVER need a password.

Read Install-Manual https://www.lsh3.com/dl/v15/LSH3-EDI...LLATION_EN.pdf (Page 4)

With the release of LSH3 Edition 2020, such problems will be history.

Have a little patience:-)
Urmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 02:18 PM   #1414
Tigershark624
A-ganger

Downloads: 134
Default Living Silent Hunter III 2020

Boy, did I pick the right time to come back to SH3! Prosit, Mein Herren!
Tigershark624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 04:34 PM   #1415
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome back!

Tigershark624! after a 5-year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 09-01-20, 06:13 PM   #1416
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Downloads: 57
Default Can LSH3 2015 exist with another SH3 mega mod install?

I just installed GWX 3 Gold over a clean SH3 install. It took my weak brain all day to get it right. Now I would like to make a second clean SH3 install from the SH3 DVD and install LSH3 2015 over that second SH3 install. So then I will have two installs of SH3, one modded with GWX3 Gold, and the other modded with LSH3 2015.

I do not want to remove or redo my current SH3 GWX3 Gold install. I just want to keep it and add a second separate install of SH3 modded with LSH3 2015. So that I end up with two installs of SH3, one running GWX3 Gold and one running LSH3 2015.

Is there a simple way of doing this without reinstalling or touching my current install of GWX3 Gold?

Also, is LSH3 2015 the most currently released version of LSH3?

Thanks for any help provided.
Ruzbasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 06:19 PM   #1417
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Default Welcome back!

Ruzbasan! after an 8 year silent run!

Old 09-01-20, 06:28 PM   #1418
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Aye, I have been forced out of retirement and back to duty due to high losses among Kaleuns !!!

I just built a new PC and can't go without SH3 modded with the great LSH3 2015 mod !!! (Along with trusty old GWX)
Old 09-01-20, 09:16 PM   #1419
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

You would have to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it and copy the main game folder to something like C:/Games/SilentHunterIIInote that I do not have any spaces in the folder name!/SH3LSH

Again, make sure there are no spaces.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 05:29 AM   #1420
keneek
Watch

Downloads: 32
Default LSH3 Edition 2020

Does anybody have any idea when LSH3 Edition 2020 will be released? My computer crashed and I usually have a lot of trouble installing LSH3 2015, so if it is coming soon, I would just wait and just install that instead.
keneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-20, 05:37 AM   #1421
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
You would have to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it and copy the main game folder to something like C:/Games/SilentHunterIIInote that I do not have any spaces in the folder name!/SH3LSH

Again, make sure there are no spaces.
So I have to completely unstall my entire SHIII GWX3.0 and reinstall the game completely?

I was hoping there would be a way to keep my current GWX3.0 install and then make a second SH3 install with LSH3.

I do have a clean install of SHIII sitting on a seperate drive in a folder named SHIII backup. Can I just copy this clean SHIII install into a new folder and install LSH3 over it, not touching my SHIII GWX install?

Last edited by Ruzbasan; 09-02-20 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-09-20, 02:27 PM   #1422
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzbasan View Post
So I have to completely unstall my entire SHIII GWX3.0 and reinstall the game completely?

I was hoping there would be a way to keep my current GWX3.0 install and then make a second SH3 install with LSH3.

I do have a clean install of SHIII sitting on a seperate drive in a folder named SHIII backup. Can I just copy this clean SHIII install into a new folder and install LSH3 over it, not touching my SHIII GWX install?
Just out of curiosity, what is the primary source for you having SH3.?

This info would be useful to know...

I 'may' know of a work around solution, but won't know if it will without knowing that bit of info.

M. M.

Old 09-09-20, 04:25 PM   #1423
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the primary source for you having SH3.?

This info would be useful to know...

I 'may' know of a work around solution, but won't know if it will without knowing that bit of info.

M. M.

Hi Mad Mardigan,

My source for SHIII is the DVD version that has the most recent patch and does not have the starforce (?) copy protection. It also does not require a serial number.

I also have a clean install of SHIII in a folder on a seperate drive.

Gary
Old 09-09-20, 07:08 PM   #1424
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: SH3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzbasan View Post
Hi Mad Mardigan,

My source for SHIII is the DVD version that has the most recent patch and does not have the starforce (?) copy protection. It also does not require a serial number.

I also have a clean install of SHIII in a folder on a seperate drive.

Gary
Workaround I had in mind was for if SH3 was accessed through Steam... so no go there.. you got disk. which, to be frank, no clue there.

As for you having a back up copy of SH3... if it is to where you don't have to have the disk in to play it, then another idea I have... may.. just may work.

Taking that copy & making a copy of its guts (meaning all the files/folders & such, located inside the main folder.. that is.. aka guts..) it may be possible to then paste those into a folder, on your main drive otherwise known of as C:\

Best solution would be to create a whole brand new folder, so as to avoid installing SH3 inside either \Program files or \Program files (x86)

i.e.

C:\Games\SH3\GWX or C:\Games\SH3\LSH3 or in your case, as you did mention of wanting to do both:
C:\Games\SH3\GWX
" " " " " " \LSH3 (hopefully you can follow what I've outlined here... \GWX & \LSH3 folders are in the root folder \SH3)

Then it is just a matter of pasting the guts from the back up copy into each of these folders & then modding accordingly to the directions...

Hope this helps.. & succeeds...

M. M.

Old 09-09-20, 08:41 PM   #1425
Ruzbasan
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Workaround I had in mind was for if SH3 was accessed through Steam... so no go there.. you got disk. which, to be frank, no clue there.

As for you having a back up copy of SH3... if it is to where you don't have to have the disk in to play it, then another idea I have... may.. just may work.

Taking that copy & making a copy of its guts (meaning all the files/folders & such, located inside the main folder.. that is.. aka guts..) it may be possible to then paste those into a folder, on your main drive otherwise known of as C:\

Best solution would be to create a whole brand new folder, so as to avoid installing SH3 inside either \Program files or \Program files (x86)

i.e.

C:\Games\SH3\GWX or C:\Games\SH3\LSH3 or in your case, as you did mention of wanting to do both:
C:\Games\SH3\GWX
" " " " " " \LSH3 (hopefully you can follow what I've outlined here... \GWX & \LSH3 folders are in the root folder \SH3)

Then it is just a matter of pasting the guts from the back up copy into each of these folders & then modding accordingly to the directions...

Hope this helps.. & succeeds...

M. M.

Hi Madigan,

I think I understand what you are saying. But to be sure, let me explain what I have now on my PC and what I think you are proposing.

My Current Install of SH3 modded with GWX is in the following folder on my D drive:

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII

If I understand correctly, you are saying leave that install with GWX alone and do the following:

1) Make a folder on my C: drive and label it:

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3

2) Copy all the folders and files from my clean install of SH3 into the LHS3 folder listed above

3) Install LHS3 over the clean install of SH3 located in the LHS3 folder. The result will be LSH3 in:

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3

So my PC will end up with two totally different installs:

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII (containing SH3 modded with GWX)

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3 (containing SH3 modded with LSH3)

Will that work?

Gary