SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-06-09, 07:39 AM   #1
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119
Uploads: 0
Default dsrv in ra mod

I tried hooking the dsrv up with another 688I . It launches at makes it into the proximity ot the other sub. But it just keeps making cirkels and refuses to attach to the other sub and i cannot retrieve it either. Anyone else experimented with the dsrv?

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-09, 12:44 AM   #2
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

What you are experienceing is the DSRV bug. The DSRV is broken and there's no fixing it (Unless Sonalysts fixes it). You'll get bad behavior from the DSRV nomatter WHAT you use (Stock, LWAMI, RA, etc..) It's a stock bug that Sonalysts never addressed.
Old 03-12-09, 09:11 AM   #3
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

I has under the impression the ra mod fixed. Oh wishfull thinking i guess.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 03:25 AM   #4
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Actually this is what one of the RA mod designers had to say on the DSRV problem :

Quote:

The problem not returning DSRV consists in the following:

After Launch DSRV, the Sub of the player is removed from that place where was launched DSRV.
It is connected that the physics of game, does not allow to establish a platform in absolute 0 knots speeds.
Even when your devices will show that the speed of a Sub of 0 units actually is 0.0....... 1545 knots.

On a history of display of movement of a platform (Alt+H) you can see - that the Sub even with 0 speed continues slowly to move.

That DSRV at returning "sat" on the “sub-parent”, it is necessary to remain in a very close to a point of DSRV launch.

For example make so:
- Set speed of a Sub to 2 units.
Launch DSRV.
Note on a Navigating map by a marker a place where was launched DSRV (Add Navigation Mark - Enter or Add Area Circle - Ctrl+C)
Set short back movement of a Sub(Use Set Speed Back 1/3 Command or any similar).
That the boat was very close to a that marker which shows a place of DSRV launch.
When DSRV he will come back - will sit by a sub hull.
However is there should be a very,very,very short distance - 30-40 meters (yrds) from DSRV up to a your sub.

The distinction with a SC consists - that in SC, the Sub remains motionlessly in that place where is launched DSRV. DW - does not give such opportunity. The sub is displaced from coordinates of launch, and DSRV does not find your sub.
Cheers.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 05:02 AM   #5
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

So basically they didnt fix it, just found out what the limitations are and how to work around them. Looks like the increased realism (a sub never stays at the exact same space for a prolonged amount of time) in DW messed up the in SC sufficient system (where the sub obviously could stay in the exact same position - less realism). Sad that DW isn't patched anymore because in theory this looks like an easy fix ... just provide the DSRV with the updated position of the sub on the return trip.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-09, 05:14 AM   #6
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot
So basically they didnt fix it, just found out what the limitations are and how to work around them. Looks like the increased realism (a sub never stays at the exact same space for a prolonged amount of time) in DW messed up the in SC sufficient system (where the sub obviously could stay in the exact same position - less realism). Sad that DW isn't patched anymore because in theory this looks like an easy fix ... just provide the DSRV with the updated position of the sub on the return trip.

Yeah, this is something easy (even trivial) to fix in the navalsimengine.
Maybe SCS never fixed it because they didn't know exactly what was happening, now that the conditions of this behaviour have been explicited, some lobbying could give us a patch ?
On the other hand unless RA mod modifies the .exe (and this is of course a BIG NO NO) we will just have to live with this limitation.
At least now we know how to bypass the problem.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote