SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-03-14, 12:06 AM   #1
Chuikov
Swabbie

Downloads: 199
Uploads: 0
Default Help with DW NewUI!

Are there any tutorials that help a person like me who doesnt want to, say, plot and do the math for my own torpedoes in DarkWraiths NewUI? As in, say, I can just use the yellow/green/ triangles to tell me when I should LOS! ? I cannot for the life of me hit a ship within 8-1700 meters. Always ahead. Always behind. The yellow line coming out of the bow of my boat indicates the path of the torpedo, I try to use the yellow/green triangle indicators, but I cant make sense of when I should fire. I assume I have the first officer doing all the geometry and calculus. I mean, I just want to know, within reason, when I should fire. That's all.

If my only option is to learn how to measure the mast, plot the speed myself, and e=mc2 this then please tell me. Im a musician by trade for God's sake. The right analysis side of my brain is a tomb of the unknown. Or is it the left side? I dont know anything anymore!

Ive played SH3 GWX for years now and I know it like the back of my hand but this... How?
Shame me, call me an idiot. Tell me "its all in the tutorial you bufoon!" But then, point me, for the love of all that is sacred, to that tutorial. If you wouldnt mind, that is. For I refuse to play the farcical brain fart that is the stock version.

If Im barking up a wrong tree in the wrong forest, no matter. Ill slink back to SH3/4 GWX/Trigger Maru. But this, with you guys' mods, looks so awesome... I... I just dont know how I could ever go back....

Thank you, in any case, for the times Ive had!
c
Chuikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 12:35 AM   #2
Chuikov
Swabbie

To clarify: I have spent six days now scouring threads here, looking at pointless stock youtube tutorials... My mod soup is functional, everything works swimmingly, I have fat meaty hams and fruit swinging to and fro. Frothy bow waves and bubbles. The handiest map tools and keyboard configurations. Bearded crewmen and sea floors. I could sail the VIIc's into 1945!

But it's all awash if I cant do it without your mods. Your game-saving- nay- game making- mods. OH2 and NewUI.
I just dont know how to easy torpedo.
Old 01-03-14, 12:45 AM   #3
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Automatic targeting is still there, just disable manual targeting in the NewUI option and deselect manual targeting in the options in the bunker.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 12:47 AM   #4
gi_dan2987
Weps

Downloads: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuikov View Post
I just dont know how to easy torpedo.
0% realism is the only way I would know

I stopped playing SH5 for this reason. It's so much flash and eye candy, I would much rather stick to my GWX3+SH3 Commander.
gi_dan2987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-14, 01:22 AM   #5
Chuikov
Swabbie

Gentle..persons! Thank you! That is one thing I did not consider! But I think manual targeting is off by default in the game settings menu. Nevertheless, you have reminded me that I want to set most of the other things to a more... difficult setting. As ridiculous as they were, if I could just get something resembling that line up the 1/2/3's back. If...only...
Old 01-03-14, 01:28 AM   #6
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuikov View Post
Gentle..persons! Thank you! That is one thing I did not consider! But I think manual targeting is off by default in the game settings menu. Nevertheless, you have reminded me that I want to set most of the other things to a more... difficult setting. As ridiculous as they were, if I could just get something resembling that line up the 1/2/3's back. If...only...
It is not off by default. But if you are installing NewUI you need to make sure.
As I mentioned: you need to check 2 places: the OptionFile (which you can edit with OptionFileViewerEditor that comes with NewUI) and the Options in the game (this you MUST check IN THE BUNKER BEFORE PATROL).
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote