SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-16-10, 09:40 AM   #466
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Aft tube saga continues

OK, LOL, I'm still plugging away at this.

BACKGROUND: When using SHIV Speech no matter which sub, the forward tubes react to voice commands but not the aft tubes.

STATUS AT THE MOMENT:
I added a line in the tubes.csv file which was basically a duplicate of the 'W' key line which cycles the forward tubes except I changed the 'W' to 'Y' and the key number was IIRC 55 whereas the 'W' line had key 15. I'm going on memory here as I'm not in front of my PC.

Now none of the tubes react to voice, LOL. No biggie I guess as I can just remove the line I added. I obviously don't understand the linkage between all the .csv files so I there's obviously more to do than simply add the line into the tubes.csv but I'm not sure what.

Can someone assist please?
thanks,
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 11:31 AM   #467
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoose View Post
OK, LOL, I'm still plugging away at this.

BACKGROUND: When using SHIV Speech no matter which sub, the forward tubes react to voice commands but not the aft tubes.

STATUS AT THE MOMENT:
I added a line in the tubes.csv file which was basically a duplicate of the 'W' key line which cycles the forward tubes except I changed the 'W' to 'Y' and the key number was IIRC 55 whereas the 'W' line had key 15. I'm going on memory here as I'm not in front of my PC.

Now none of the tubes react to voice, LOL. No biggie I guess as I can just remove the line I added. I obviously don't understand the linkage between all the .csv files so I there's obviously more to do than simply add the line into the tubes.csv but I'm not sure what.

Can someone assist please?
thanks,
I am not familiar with TMO. Is the <y> key the one that cycles the aft tubes?

Also, you *did* remember to give the aft tube cycling a different command? (Like: "Next aft tube.")

Bill
Old 04-16-10, 12:09 PM   #468
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Y key is for aft tubes

I basically duplicated the forward tubes cycling 'W' key commands/scripts etc but adjusted things accordingly for the 'Y' key which is the accepted aft tubes cycling key and is indicated as such in the commands.csv.
I've obviously missed something as I mentioned and need to look more closely at the various commands/scripts in the respective .csv files. Perhaps you're right and I missed changing something else for the 'Y' key although I'm fairly sure it was good to go.
Old 05-13-10, 02:30 PM   #469
SH4 fan
Mate

Downloads: 65

I think one major issue with screen sizes is the accuracy of the dials and potential changes that occured in later versions of tmo. for instance speech thinks the depth dial is at 1569x955 at 1680x1050 when it is really at 1569x920 with a radius of 72 not 60. I tried changing the values without success.

Edit: Without accurate position data some of the functions will not work or will work incorrectly.
SH4 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-10, 10:59 AM   #470
Mescator
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Forgive the Necro, just resurrecting this to throw out a query. Does anyone have a CSV for TMO with updated coords? If not I'll just update the CSV myself but i figure i should ask before i begin fiddling with it.
Mescator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-10, 06:54 AM   #471
g_g_h
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Default how to run sh4speech in vista x64

Hi guys,
I know that some of you succeeded to run it with Vista.

I read the readme but it is not so clear. It tells me to instal MS SDK - which is not requred with Vista. So I just downloaded sh4speech v. 2.54. I unpacked it in c:\shspeech folder. I ran Vista speech recogn. tool, then I ran sh4speech stock. bat as I got one. I see in the cmd window that my commands are recognized but they are not done in the game.
In some threads I'v seen some info about the perl and phyton. Do i need to install is as well? readme do not mention it.
g_g_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-11, 10:04 PM   #472
Yamato_NF
King of the Ocean

Downloads: 621
*bump*

hi, ive recently downloaded this awsome program for SH4.
im running vista, SH4 V1.5 and an enviornment mod,
i cant get it to work properly
P.S. i have downloaded the MS Speech SDK 5.1 and installed, still not working..

any help would be appreciated.
Yamato_NF

"He who controls the seas controls the world."
Yamato_NF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 08:33 AM   #473
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Yamato_NF

First the good news; SH4 Speech shouldn't affect any mods you have so don't worry about that for now. Print out the list of commands sheet which comes with SH4 Speech and use those before trying to create your own.

Second, not so good news: If you look in the readme it mentions using the Windows to let it familiarize itself with your voice. I believe that's the SDK part (not sure, it's been a while and my new system doesn't have SH4 Speech yet) but essentially you read a bunch of paragraphs that Windows shows you and it highlights what you are reading to indicate that it is understanding your speech. This is a key step prior to actually using SH4 Speech.

Third: forgive me stating the obvious but you have to start SH4 speech prior to starting up SH4 itself. You'll know if SH4 Speech is working because a DOS-type box shows up and the last line in that should be "listening".

If you are not getting the DOS box at all then you have a problem not related to the game but the installation of SH4 Speech itself. Make sure SH4 Speech is installed in the appropriate folder (I can't remember offhand if it needs to be in the SH4 main folder or not).

Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-11, 07:37 PM   #474
Strawberry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hello, first of all I want to say this program is truly awesome

I am translating the voice commands to Spanish, and I have almost finished, but I have a problem.

I am translating the TMO version, everithings works OK except the TMO & Stock different commands.

When I say a command which is different in TMO and Stock, like "Battle Stations" ("Estaciones de Combate" in Spanish) I get this:

But in the english version works OK

Someone can help me please?

Weird fact: If I translate that sentence in the english original file, It doesn't work, and if then I write the original word again, leaving the original file as it was, then... it doesn't work

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english.

EDIT:

After some tests, I've noticed that the bug appears even in the original english file if I only open it and save without make any changes at all.

EDIT 2:

Solved, it was a corruption made by Open Office Calc, using Microsoft Office Excel it works like it should.

Last edited by Strawberry; 04-28-11 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-30-11, 04:50 PM   #475
Strawberry
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hello again

I've finally translated the "voice_commands.csv" for TriggerMaru Overhauled to Spanish so I can speak to my crewmen in my mother language and I whish to share it here for others who may be interested.

The file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RYSC9LCH

It is not fully tested yet (too many lines) but I will update it if I find any bugs.

Thank you again minsc_tcp for this fantastice software
Old 06-16-11, 12:01 AM   #476
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1

You're welcome Strawberry.

Feels good to have created something lasting that people enjoy.

I hope you have all managed to fare well in my absence and I sincerely appreciate those who have stepped up to troubleshoot, improve, and tweak and help other in the community.

One day I'd like to review the thread and collect all of the improvements and fixes players have posted and release an update that works, is TMO friendly, does spanish, and fixes the various bugs.

I sometimes wonder about parts of the code that weren't done very well, especially the tube handling, and hope that people have figured out that they can edit the Perl script and recompile it with perl2exe so that the community can fully get control of this beast and wrangle it to do what they need.
Old 07-06-11, 09:05 AM   #477
SaffaSkipper
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Default Help?

Ok so I'm not brilliant with coding etc, and I downloaded this today, its been a few years since I've touched Delphi.
Overall it's amazing, but the torpedo commands won't work and some silly commands do the wrong thing, eg. Saying "depth under keel" causes a dive to periscope depth?

Is it perhaps coz I'm running TMO?
SaffaSkipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-12, 09:01 PM   #478
denny927
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 213

very funny, im very looking for this after watching a lets play sh3 in youtube made by frontier359, in fact this guy used a speech command, and is very cool.

this program work with tmo2.2 too?
a step by step install instruction?
with windows7 64 no problem?

thanks
denny927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-12, 03:56 PM   #479
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Default Saffa Skipper....

....it's either that the software is misinterpreting your command (because it hears one sound clearer than the rest) in which case I'd suggest re-running the Windows voice-recognition tester again.

OR (more likely)

it may be the coordinates for that piece of equipment are off.
For example: Your "dive" button is at coordinate X, Y (where the virtual mouse cursor will go to activate that function) but your screen resolution is different than what is in the original SHIV Speech so your "dive" button is actually at coordinate A, B. If A, B is the coordinate for another command then it will activate instead of the "dive" command. You'll notice the mouse cursor moves when you give certain commands. Your voice command is essentially telling the mouse cursor where to go. The cursor goes to those coordinates. I hope I explained that correctly, someone more experienced can correct me where I went wrong.
Old 01-20-12, 04:37 PM   #480
jimbob126
Nub

Downloads: 117

hey great mod i just wanted to know how do i stop speech rocnition from opening stuff i:e i was playig sh4 and it tryed to open aoe3 tks
jimbob126 is offline   Reply With Quote