SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-16-13, 04:03 PM   #1
superstan
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Thanks for your great work and efforts over all the years
superstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-13, 08:39 PM   #2
xero.luck
Nub

Downloads: 91

I'm way late, but wanted to say a big Thanks for everything!
xero.luck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 05:08 PM   #3
orengreen
Watch

Downloads: 25

It is never too late to say another big "Thank You" for the GWX team.
Your work will continue to be appreciated by many and for a long long time!
orengreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-13, 03:00 PM   #4
Leon1980
Swabbie

Downloads: 36

Please come back dear GWX!
Leon1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-13, 09:15 PM   #5
dwassllir
Swabbie

Downloads: 503

Thanks GWX team for enhancing my gaming experience. You guys rock!
dwassllir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-15, 07:46 PM   #6
SilentHunts
Mate

Downloads: 211

Thank you so much guys at GWX! You guys were the best and will always be the best! You made me smile when I shot that Medium Cargo as it put a smile on my face when it sank rather than normal SH3. I hope you guys have a successful journey on your ways across the Atlantic! Goodbye GWX! Never forget!
Old 01-29-15, 06:41 AM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHunts View Post
Thank you so much guys at GWX! You guys were the best and will always be the best! You made me smile when I shot that Medium Cargo as it put a smile on my face when it sank rather than normal SH3. I hope you guys have a successful journey on your ways across the Atlantic! Goodbye GWX! Never forget!
Fair winds and following seas Kaleun

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 11:46 AM   #8
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

You know I've wanted to know something. If you knew how bad SH5 would be(at first as since then mods make it playable finally) would you guys still have split up or would you have finished the GWX4 project?
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-15, 12:23 PM   #9
Knipper
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 49
Default Sincere thanks

I've just reloaded SHIII after an absence of three years and which mods did I load? GWX of course. I haven't bothered looking at the rest (despite having a hardly-used copy of SH5 and acknowledging the talent that's in this forum) because I know it could never get better than what the GWX guys turned this sim into. Thank you guys. SINK 'EM ALL!
Old 01-29-15, 01:48 PM   #10
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipper View Post
I've just reloaded SHIII after an absence of three years and which mods did I load? GWX of course. I haven't bothered looking at the rest (despite having a hardly-used copy of SH5 and acknowledging the talent that's in this forum) because I know it could never get better than what the GWX guys turned this sim into. Thank you guys. SINK 'EM ALL!
High praise indeed and much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
You know I've wanted to know something. If you knew how bad SH5 would be(at first as since then mods make it playable finally) would you guys still have split up or would you have finished the GWX4 project?
A good question and not one easily answered but on a personal note I remember talking to my friend Dan Dimitrescu (Ubisoft SH5 Dev) at Neals house during the SubSim Meet in 2008 and whilst he was limited in what he could discuss I don't believe anyone was prepared for what state the game would be in at time of release.

That is not meant as a slur toward Dan or any of his colleagues because we all know 'he who pays the piper calls the tune' and that is what I believed happened where Ubisoft was concerned. I'm confident Dan would and could have produced something far better had they been given the time and the resources.

One or two of the Grey Wolves were about to leave for personal reasons (unbeknown to the rest of the team at the time) and once that happened and upon seeing SH5 released in the state it was in I doubt the GWX4 project would have been taken forward.

Personally speaking, I was disappointed at what the community were served and wish we could have stayed together as a team and taken the game forward but I remain conscious of the fact that Ubisoft were gracious enough not to object to the work of the team, some might say because it helped sales of the original release which was obviously needed in order to get the mod to work.

All the above is my personal viewpoint/opinion.

Old 10-20-16, 01:04 PM   #11
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpt. Lehmann View Post
My friends,

(This is going to hurt.)

Apologies for making a new thread for this post... but I think you'll understand after you've read it.

After days of agonizing over the GWX-related discussion/tasks at hand for this weekend... it is clear to me that there is really only one choice left to us.

In the light of Ubisoft's SH5 preview announcement and impending release... and given the now-reduced manpower available to the GWX dev team...

...we are clearly no longer capable of executing our mission to develop GWX4. Even if we were able to do so, many of the objectives we intended to execute, (as stated on our website and elsewhere) would likely be mirrored only a short time later with the release of SH5... rendering our work obsolete. Just as we've done our dead-level-best to impliment things most sought after by the community... it is clear that the Silent Hunter Devs have been listening to you. This is a good thing guys. It is rather logical that parallel courses were eventually steered into in many ways...
The terrible thing about this post is the absolute assurance that the Ubi devs were listening and would deliver what the community wanted. And how utterly they failed to do anything of the sort. I'd love to see a chart of objectives planned by GWX4 and how many of them were implemented in SH5. Maybe it would just make me cry about how thoroughly we were let down. The GWX team did the right thing for reasons that turned out to be totally false. And that reflects on Ubi, not the GWX team.

It is clear now that SH3 and SH4 were as good as it was going to get. And they are darned good, in spite of their problems. Thanks to the Grey Wolves. You made SH3 shine.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-16, 01:22 PM   #12
olddriedseaweed
Mate

Downloads: 259
Default not to necro a thread....

Wanted to express my thanks to all involved in GWX3. Like others, I have been playing this mod for years and just wanted to say thanks.
olddriedseaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 12:22 AM   #13
Noobicum4Ever
Torpedoman

Downloads: 38

After 10 years there are still people who discover GWX and are impressed by the quality of this supermod.
Noobicum4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-19, 05:48 AM   #14
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

And rightly so

Enjoy the GWXperience

Old 09-25-19, 04:35 PM   #15
TheGreatElector
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1218
Uploads: 117

For mods, this is by far one of the best mods out there in general!Just looking back at this thread brings back good memories.
TheGreatElector is offline   Reply With Quote