Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-17, 02:05 PM   #6616
avers
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 586
Uploads: 0

Are you guys looking fwd to the election thursday? Who do you guys think will win?
Old 06-05-17, 03:14 PM   #6617
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
Are you guys looking fwd to the election thursday? Who do you guys think will win?
Perhaps more appropriate would have been the question "Do any of you guys reckon Theresa May will lose?"

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-05-17, 04:11 PM   #6618
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
OK chaps as you all know I said I'm not voting so give me a good reason(s) to vote and I may change my mind. It's down too you can you change my mind.
Come chaps, Thursday draws nearer..

Quote:
Originally Posted by avers View Post
No...no wait yes I'm working double money so yes. Who will win me of course double money.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-05-17, 05:38 PM   #6619
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

If you can't make your mind up Steed I'm not going to try and make it up for you.

The race for the biggest prize in politics is entering the final stages and here is how I see it.

Its a bloody fascinating election campaign with all 4 of the main contenders doing their best not to win this two bit handicap known as the Political Grand National, I wish it could go on for another month but....alright David I'll shut up, its back to the commentator, David Dimbleby.

The 4 main Runners and Riders are.

Knickers Down ridden by Theresa May (Conservative) starters odds 1-7.
Lollipop ridden by Jeremy Corbyn (Labour) starters odds 100-30.
Another Referendum ridden by Tim Farron (LibDems) starters odds 16-1.
Big Dick ridden by Paul Nuttall (Ukip) starters odds 25-1

And its right back to the commentary with Knickers Down just entering the final furlong, Theresa has almost come a cropper at a couple of previous fences but the Canal Turn with Knickers Down doing a complete U-Turn was almost her nemesis fence. Theresa has now got her whip out and is caressing it lovingly ready to flog Knickers Down as though it was a nurse asking for a pay rise, it looks as though she's going to win but that victory celebration is not a certainty yet.

Coming up in second and closing in is Lollipop, it wasn't a great start from Lollipop when stable girl Diane Abbott got her numbers wrong and Lollipop started the race a furlong behind but Jeremy has pulled it around and is now making some serious headway. I heard Jeremy shout to Diane on the 2nd circuit that the prize money won't cover his running costs and that was causing Lollipop to jump to the left a lot.

In third place is Another Referendum who is 16 length off the pace, It all went south for Tim on the 2nd circuit at Becher's Brook when he shouted in the horses ear that fateful word "Brexit". Some jockeys never learn and Tim was unseated with no chance now of catching the two front runners, you can teach an horse to jump you idiot but you can't make it jump if it doesn't want to.

Well what can I say about this horse Big Dick and its jockey Paul Nuttall, its had its ups and downs in the past but this race has proven that its finally a spent force and a date with the knackers yard is on the cards for Big Dick.
It was up with the leaders for the first circuit but lacking in stamina it couldn't stay the distance, if you can't satisfy your bride Paul old bean she'll be off looking for some one else.
Oh dear its tailed off in the distance and it looks as if it will never be seen again.
Old 06-05-17, 06:28 PM   #6620
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

England - Tories most seats.
Wales - not sure: 50/50 Lab or Con most seats.
Northern Ireland - DUP most seats.
Scotland - SNP most seats.

Total UK result - Tory majority. By how much is open to debate.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 06-05-17, 06:38 PM   #6621
STEED
Lucky Jack

Oh dear me it must be bad no one can change my mind but may be jim could when he gets back from the pub.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
Old 06-06-17, 02:26 AM   #6622
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

@Moonlight: ^^ Post of the month, if not of the year!

@Steed: You know i have no stake and say in this matter, cannot tell you as a bloody foreigner.

Some observations without claiming this to be of any value, or sense

May is somehow the status quo, and often enough those are elected, just because they are already there. Does not need any more. What germans call the "normative Kraft des Faktischen" (~normative power of the existing). But should one vote for her just because of that? Lots of rhetorics, but does she really have a plan? Then, tax rises. Maybe they are needed though, to finance the transition zone of wrexxit. Weapon deal just of all with Turkey, setting a sign to accept the new dictator. hmm. And Boris Johnson .. omfg.

Corbyn, no idea. More sympathetic but with a past that surely is not seen as loyal or pro-english, by the english. But maybe this is a good thing in dealing with or better against terrorism? He had at least his numbers right or so it seemed from here, advocating for the common man (clear as mud with Labour), rhethorically not as sophisticated as May, but seems to speak from the heart. Seems to have a plan at least. Does he have the support of his own party? All very subjective.

Ukip? Your choice. I would not and if hell froze over. What do they even stand for, with this retreat after just of all they succeeded.

Please bear with me, can only say how it looks from here, and from my p.o.v.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-06-17 at 02:47 AM.
Old 06-06-17, 05:42 AM   #6623
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I'm expecting a Tory victory with a majority of between 20 to 30 seats and one hell of an argument after the event at Labour HQ over the fact they will realise they might have been in with a chance if Corbyn had of stood down when first losing the support of his MP's.

Sadly, a consequence of the above will be that Corbyn once again cites the majority he holds amongst the party membership (loony left) and there will be no visible change hence Labour will sail on throegh the fog banks with no end to their journey in sight.

On a personal basis, I'm not sure if I'll bother voting at all but I will admit to having a small desire to vote Tory as some form of protest vote which at the end of the day would mean absolutely nothing at my local Labour stronghold level so the chances are I won't bother at all.

On the other hand, I have my sons proxy voting paper and his clear instruction to vote Tory and I will respect and carry out his instruction.

Old 06-06-17, 09:17 AM   #6624
STEED
Lucky Jack

I tell you what folks I shall flip a coin and let fate take the strain.

Old 06-06-17, 10:57 AM   #6625
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Diane Abbott cancels radio appearance after embarrassing Sky News interview
http://news.sky.com/story/diane-abbo...-news-10905847

Oh heck not again!

Old 06-06-17, 12:07 PM   #6626
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Well what do you expect when the people wo really know, do not inform the politicians about what really happens and what to do.
But those interviews and especially the recent attacks of course give the Tories a boost. Because... why? "We need a stronkk leader!" ? Or wouldn't it be better to understand how and why this happens, instead of bigmouthing.

Sorry, just saw the news

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-06-17, 12:09 PM   #6627
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^

Never fear, Diane is here

Old 06-06-17, 12:13 PM   #6628
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

In light of recent events I'm not sure this is the right time for a state visit

Quote:
Boris Johnson rejects calls to axe President Trump's state visit
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40172537

Old 06-06-17, 12:19 PM   #6629
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Yep again, and we are worried about JC ??..!!! God help us all if Labour do get in, imagine the total meltdown with Diane as home sec
Old 06-06-17, 12:35 PM   #6630
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Yep again, and we are worried about JC ??..!!! God help us all if Labour do get in, imagine the total meltdown with Diane as home sec

Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics