Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-20, 11:25 AM   #13291
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I have an idea regarding this fishing issue which seems to be a tuff thing in this ongoing negotiation

1a UK let other EU countries like Denmark, France, Holland a.s.o. hire area(s) which belong to UK(forgot the word it starts with te and ends on water.)
1b UK gives these EU countries the right to fish a certain amount of fish(quota)

I know it's a bad idea

Markus
Old 12-19-20, 12:03 PM   #13292
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 12-19-20, 12:24 PM   #13293
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have an idea regarding this fishing issue which seems to be a tuff thing in this ongoing negotiation
1a UK let other EU countries like Denmark, France, Holland a.s.o. hire area(s) which belong to UK(forgot the word it starts with te and ends on water.)
1b UK gives these EU countries the right to fish a certain amount of fish(quota)
This is what we have. The UK gets a certain amount of money so that ships of some EU states may fish certain quota in certain waters.

I have also written here that France, The Netherlands and Denmark have built fishing fleets for this prurpose, for a lot of money.

There are also laws in effect that forbid an overfishing, the latter has been introduced by the EU and has been supported and agreed to by the UK, like 99,7 percent of all EU treaties.
So those treaties you mentioned are in effect and will be broken by the UK at january, 1st 2021, while threatening EU fishing boats with "cannonboat diplomacy" from this date on.

It seems those videos Jim loves to post here are from (Impressum) "Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland
So Google and Elizabeth M. Cunningham and Nicholas Leeder are responsible for the content (what i doubt). There is no one responsible for this channel to be found, or better it is hiding behind "Google". I have asked Google for more information on this channel, no answer up to now.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 12-19-20, 12:34 PM   #13294
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Scotland want to go back to EU

Old 12-19-20, 12:35 PM   #13295
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Hey, don't blame me for the videos, I love comedies

Old 12-19-20, 12:49 PM   #13296
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post
Scotland want to go back to EU
I've absolutely no problem regarding independence for Scotland despite the fact they were told the previous referendum was a 'once in a generation' event.

However. should a referendum take place and be successful they should also take with them their fair share of the national debt which is now at an all time high as a consequence of the current pandemic.

They would also have to adopt the Euro as a currency because it is the Bank of England who underwrites/guarantees the Pound Sterling.

Upon entering the EU Scotland would be a net receiver so the likes of Germany and France would have to dig deeper into their pockets.

I believe some of the above has previously been adequately pointed out by Skybird.

Old 12-19-20, 01:11 PM   #13297
Catfish

I take it Scotland will decide after there has been a deal or no deal brexit.
Brexit is not about reason or economical advantages as we all have learned, so all should have the freedom to make their own decisions

Old 12-19-20, 01:26 PM   #13298
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Agreed but I believe certain criteria, finances and debt should be sorted beforehand could be wrong but I believe if Westminister refuses it would then need legislation to be created by the Scottish Parliament.

Old 12-19-20, 01:58 PM   #13299
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

If Scotland get independence what about Faslane? UK will have to move her SSBN/SSN elsewhere, going to cost a gigatic huge amount of money unless they find a deal with the Scott.
Old 12-19-20, 02:23 PM   #13300
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post
If Scotland get independence what about Faslane? UK will have to move her SSBN/SSN elsewhere, going to cost a gigatic huge amount of money unless they find a deal with the Scott.
True that plus Scotland won't have a navy or an air force, just a couple of army regiments.

Old 12-19-20, 02:36 PM   #13301
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
so all should have the freedom to make their own decisions
As long as everybody pays for his own bills and does not expect to get bailed out by somebody else now or in the future: sure, no objection then from me.

However, if the Scots want more money from the EU as they will pay in, they can stay where they are.
Old 12-19-20, 02:42 PM   #13302
Catfish

What about Poland, Hungary, you name it? Not paying, not respecting basic values or international law, and blackmailing the others?
I guess Scotland could just live on Whisky export when i look around

Old 12-19-20, 02:52 PM   #13303
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Fisheries will be a great add to the EU.
And whiskey is less than 10% of the Scotland exports.

Scotland is the only country in the UK to have a positive export balance
Old 12-19-20, 02:52 PM   #13304
Skybird
Soaring

For the present, I am strictly against adding more weak members to the EU that just want to get fed more than they can give back, we have problems enough already, and adding more weak members does not make us stronger or better, only weaker and more vulnerable.

Regarding Poland or Hungary, they should not have been allowe din in the first, like Greece back in those days, I would not cry to loose especially Poland, their take from the budget is hilariously big, bigger than that of the next three net takers together.

A company of weak with weak, makes just a bigger company of weak, and a mixed compnany of weak and strong, makes a parasitical company. Only strong and strong, makes a strong company. Weak members are only nice to have in times of conflict, when you need cannon fodder to get sacrificed to save your better batallions from getting slaughtered.

Not nice to say that loud. But its true. The EU is a paper tiger, therefore. And it is collapsing in slow motion. I have just set up a threat with a link to a movie on the destruction of money. When that movie's last chapter materialises, the EU flies apart at all directions simultaneously. And no other nation in Europe will have lost so much values and investements and currency than stupid Germany - with nobody being there to bail us out this time.
Old 12-19-20, 04:41 PM   #13305
Skybird
Soaring

Meaningless babble. Another time limit has just been vaporized:

"It is understood there is likely to be a decision before Christmas on whether or not a deal can be reached"

Wasn't it said "this Sunday"...?

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-55381322

Is Johnson pushing it to the extreme so that parliament shall have no time to read the fineprint before being demanded to just nodd it off blindly? After all it is over 700 pages. If so he may have placed the bet without taking the EU parliament into account. They too said the insist of havign the time needed to actually read, digest and debate it.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-19-20 at 05:15 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics