SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-08, 10:02 PM   #1
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1
Default Top 10 weirdest Case mods

http://gadgets.fosfor.se/the-top-10-weirdest-case-mods/

10. The Microwave PC
Quote:
Let’s start of by a case mod that ain’t that crazy. What does it look like? That’s right - a microwave oven. It was built for the CES 2003 and I guess they have just ripped the interior of the microwave and replaced it with PC components. Looks cool though.

9. The Wallcrawler
Quote:
Compared to some other case modifications, this got a quite radical design. All parts are fitted on the outside of a cabinet and it’s purpose is just to be a practical design since the user of the PC alternate between different hard drives on a daily basis.

8. The WMD
Quote:
WMD is short for Weapon of Mass Destruction, and that’s exactly what this project is all about. Even though it’s not completely finished yet, the build of this bomb is very impressive. But why have a PC that looks like an atomic bomb? Because you can I guess.

7. The R2D2
Quote:
You saw this one coming, didn’t you? Of course someone has built a replica of R2D2 and fitted a computer inside. It looks nice too. But I guess that this one won’t impress the girls - as if any of these case mods would. Hehe, sorry all you case modders! I Don’t mean to offend anyone here. Check out the CD/DVD-roms drives. Awesome.

6. The Lego Mac
Quote:
When you look through thousands of different case mods, you start wondering why nearly all modded cases is based on a PC. Is the Apple computer a natural beuty? Anyway, it was refreshing to see this Lego Macintosh. It was created back in 1997 out of a damaged Apple PowerBook 5300.

5. The Cyber Pumpkin
Quote:
The cyberpumpkin is one of my favorites on this list. It’s so weird - in a lovely way. Hehe. It was custom built for Intel to show off their Pentium 4 processors at the E3 2002.

4. The Y2K Bug
Quote:
The surface of this bug is outstanding. It sure has been polished a couple of times. But why is this one ranked so high in this list. I’ll tell you. It took 6 months to build. That’s weird. You can find some Quicktime movies at the end of the work log.

3. The Gingerbread
Quote:
From the same creator as the Cyberpumpkin comes this really neat gingerbread PC. This one looks really good. Too bad you can’t eat the parts though (hardboard) except for the candy decoration of course. If it wasn’t christmas season this one probably wouldn’t have got this far up the list. But hey, it’s a really cool case mod, and it’s soon christmas so here it is.

2. The toilet
Quote:
Of course, to be a runner up on the Top 10 weirdest case mods ever, it has to be something really unique. And what can be more unique than having your own toilet PC. Byt why couldn’t they just have built a nice toilet - what’s up with that brown stuff? It get’s a good position on the list though.
Toilet PC

1. The Miss Kanna PC
Quote:
And at last - the weirdest case mod ever. This one was built for a magazine in the spring of 2004 and is some sort of manga figure. But why do you have to see the panties? There’s something with this manga culture that I don’t understand, but this case mod is extremely well put together, and yes, it’s WEIRD!.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

Last edited by kiwi_2005; 02-27-08 at 10:39 PM.
kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 10:04 PM   #2
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

I laughed pretty hard at the last one. It's cool, but I only have one word for it: Weaboo.

(I wonder how many people on this forum know that term :p)

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 10:35 PM   #3
StarFox
Engineer

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

AT LAST!! A computer you can whack off to!

Ill stick with my Girl thank you very much. I must say, some people have waaaaaaaay too much time on their hands. Personaly, I build plastic models....i guess these people think of new and whackey computer cases

Devoted fan of the SS United States, America's Flagship! I dream of her second life....

StarFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-08, 11:10 PM   #4
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142

The Wall Crawler is exactly what a friend of mine did several years back to his desk. He had no case. He just mounted his motherboard and everything else to the side of his desk and had the drives in a little mesh overhang under the monitor stand area.
Old 02-28-08, 05:48 AM   #5
antikristuseke
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 3

Not a bad way to spend ones time if there is too much of it. My own casemods have been only practical so far, but i did use a 63 ton punch press to make the 105mm hole into the side of my case even though a hand powered punch press would have been ennough for this flimsy aluminium, the reason to use the huge power tool - I could.
antikristuseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 06:01 AM   #6
d@rk51d3
Sea Lord

Downloads: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFox

Ill stick with my Girl thank you very much. I must say, some people have waaaaaaaay too much time on their hands. Personaly, I build plastic models....i guess these people think of new and whackey computer cases

............ waiting for 3.5" floppy joke................
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 06:23 AM   #7
Tchocky
Navy Seal

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP
I laughed pretty hard at the last one. It's cool, but I only have one word for it: Weaboo.

I know what yer on about, but i can never resist posting a PBF comic

Last edited by Tchocky; 02-28-08 at 07:41 AM.
Tchocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 07:31 AM   #8
antikristuseke
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by d@rk51d3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFox

............ waiting for 3.5" floppy joke................
3.5"? Poor guy, back in the day 5.25" was the standard, guess micropships arent the only things geting smaller
antikristuseke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 07:34 AM   #9
Kapitan_Phillips
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP

Wapanese

More like Fapanese, amirite?