Old 10-22-20, 06:45 PM   #5176
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Santa Claus must have the Coronavirus ... no Santa visits this year

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...?ocid=BingNews

Quote:
The department store's tradition started in 1861, but Santa meet-and-greets won't be happening this year because of concerns about the coronavirus pandemic. Instead, Macy's is creating an interactive virtual experience.

"To replicate the magical experience of visiting Macy's Santaland for children and their families, we will shift to a virtual engagement this year," Susan Tercero, Macy's vice president of Branded Entertainment, said in a press release. It will be available online from November 27 to December 24.

Macy's will limit the number of children who can participate: up to three can take part in the customized experience at one time, the company said.

The experience starts with a greeting from virtual elves who lead the way through Santa's village and workshop, stopping to see the sights and play interactive games. At the end, kids will meet Santa through an interactive video, where they'll be able to share their holiday wish list and take a selfie, which families can download immediately, with Santa.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 01:06 AM   #5177
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ this is the moment to tell your children there will be no christmas gifts, because Santa Claus just died in the pandemic

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 11:49 AM   #5178
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-20, 11:57 AM   #5179
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

A national lockdown, or "firebreak", begins in Wales at 18:00 BST - and will last until 9 November.

It means people must stay at home, and pubs, restaurants and non-essential shops have been ordered to close.

In Scotland, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon has set out a new five-tier alert system to come into force on 2 November.

Tough new measures are in place in Greater Manchester, and Warrington will move to England's highest tier next week.

A further 20,530 people test positive for Covid-19 in the UK, and there were 224 more deaths.

New daily coronavirus cases in England doubled in a fortnight but the growth rate may be slowing, data suggests.

US regulators given full approval for the antiviral drug remdesivir to treat Covid-19 patients in hospitals.

France is extending an overnight curfew to dozens more areas.

Old 10-23-20, 12:04 PM   #5180
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The French government is imposing a curfew on two-thirds of the country - 46 million people - from Friday night for six weeks, after a record 41,622 new coronavirus infections were reported.

The Swiss Federal Health Office has reported 6,634 new cases of Covid-19 in the past 24 hours - the first time daily figures have exceeded 6,000.

US regulators have given full approval for the antiviral drug remdesivir to treat Covid-19 patients in hospitals.

In India, large crowds at rallies ahead of elections in the northern state of Bihar have raised coronavirus fears, with footage showing people jostling to get a glimpse of politicians and hardly anybody appearing to wear masks.

Portugal is imposing a lockdown on three northern districts affecting 150,000 people – and the whole country will have restrictions on movement for next week’s holiday weekend.

Denmark is closing its border to German tourists after both countries reported record infections. Work and family visits will be allowed.

Italy’s Lazio and Campania regions begin night-time curfews tonight - Lombardy started last night.

The Belgian government is set to announce fresh virus restrictions.

Spain’s regional authorities have failed to reach a broad curfew agreement but a number of areas are imposing them anyway. Navarre and Rioja have already moved and Madrid will decide its next step today.

North Korea has warned its citizens to stay indoors over fears that "yellow dust" which blows in from China could bring coronavirus with it – but there’s no known link between the seasonal dust clouds and Covid-19.

Old 10-23-20, 01:13 PM   #5181
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-24-20, 06:15 AM   #5182
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-24-20, 11:23 AM   #5183
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-25-20, 08:04 AM   #5184
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 10-25-20, 03:03 PM   #5185
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
“No one is safe from COVID-19. No one is safe until we are all safe from it,” said German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier. “Even those who conquer the virus within their own borders remain prisoners within these borders until it is conquered everywhere.”

To help quell the spread of the virus is commendable and should be praised. But this guy is a complete arse. To live in fear is no way to live, to lead by spreading fear it is no way to lead.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 03:53 PM   #5186
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Bundespräsident Steinmeier is eminently respected in Germany, Europe and in most countries of the word for his contribution to the process of German-Jewish reconciliation, for his ability to balance interests of different political camps, for raising his voice of reason and mitigation to promote cohesion in the German and the European society. In contrast to most active politicians he stands for dignity, modesty, and political prudence.

Long story short he is the exact opposite of a certain president, who hopefully will be removed after November 3rd.

Those who call Präsident Steinmeier an arse (I thought the use of words like this was not accepted on this board) should put a hand between their cheeks and see what they can find there to get a fair estimate of what I am calling them.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)

Last edited by skidman; 10-28-20 at 05:58 PM.
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 04:53 PM   #5187
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

The numbers of infected seems to go skyhigh here in Denmark.

Day before yesterday was 7-something, yesterday it was 859 infected, today it was 945 infected.

With my little knowledge on pandemic I would say...it looks like our health authorities have lost control over it.

The politicians has imposed new restrictions. It takes about 10-14 days to see if these have helped or not.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 08:55 PM   #5188
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
Bundespräsident Steinmeier is eminently respected in Germany, Europe and in most countries of the word for his contribution to the process of German-Jewish reconciliation, for his ability to balance interests of different political camps, for raising his voice of reason and mitigation to promote cohesion in the German and the European society. In contrast to most active politicians he stands for dignity, modesty, and political prudence.

Long story short he is the exact opposite of a certain president, who hopefully will be removed after November 3rd.

Those who call Präsident Steinmeier an arse (I thought the use of words like this was not accepted on this board) should put a hand between their cheeks and see what they can find there to get a fair estimate of what I am calling them.

That's nice you think he stands for dignity, modesty, and political prudence. But with the EU's internet codes of conduct I understand if you get caught saying otherwise you might get flagged, fined or arrested . Also, I wasn't trying to make comparisons to other leaders I was just looking at the statement he made and concluded he is fear mongering and instilling a sense of hopelessness to the whole situation. Shame on him.

Last edited by Rockstar; 10-25-20 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-25-20, 09:27 PM   #5189
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
The numbers of infected seems to go skyhigh here in Denmark.

Day before yesterday was 7-something, yesterday it was 859 infected, today it was 945 infected.

With my little knowledge on pandemic I would say...it looks like our health authorities have lost control over it.

The politicians has imposed new restrictions. It takes about 10-14 days to see if these have helped or not.

Markus

Yes infection rates are spiking. But what is rarely spoken of is death rates are dropping. Unfortunately leaders are not saying anything about that or what is working. Instead we get clowns like Steinmeier who just keep telling you the sky is falling.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....30.20165134v2

Old 10-26-20, 02:58 AM   #5190
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
But with the EU's internet codes of conduct I understand if you get caught saying otherwise you might get flagged, fined or arrested
And that again shows your complete ignorance of the codes of conduct over here. Embarrassing.

Quote:
he is fear mongering and instilling a sense of hopelessness to the whole situation. Shame on him.
From the same speech:

"How many lives we can save depends on the rules we commit to during these weeks. It depends on our wisdom whether the logic of cooperation and collective action can assert itself against egoistic impulses and against geopolitical calculations.
It is up to us how much trust remains as the most valuable resource of coexistence among states at the end of the pandemic."

And if you read the whole speech, maybe you will get what he's talking about. And maybe you will realize the cluelessness and stupidity your post displays.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan