Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-10, 07:13 PM   #1
Seefer
Loader

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Confusion over Patrol missions and red map contact icons

Greetings Captains.

I'm trying to do the first Patrol mission of the campaign and have chosen the British Coastal Waters area on the eastern coast of Britain.

Noob question ahoy:
1. Is it like SH4 where you can just sit within range of the patrol mission marker icon for so many hours? Just how close do you have to be to the area marker and how many hours does it take?

2. Do you have to do the patrol missions first before attempting to complete your specified tonnage target for sinking ships?

3. If I spot a contact some ways off the patrol area, should I try to engage it or would this reset the patrol mission progression because I moved some crticial distance from the patrol area marker?

4. How are some of these map contacts being detected? I just had a contact icon for a merchant show up about 26 km from my patrol point and there's no radio contact event listed for that lat/lon position. How was this detected? My sonarman announced nothing.

5. I'm assuming the red contacts showing on the map many miles away from my current position related to the Radio Contact Events listed in the Captains log screen? If so there sometimes seem to be more contact icons than there are events listed in the log.

6. It seems contact icons are vanishing at closer zoom levels. I usually put a marker point down using the pencil on all contacts so I can build up potential shipping route information (if indeed these are modelled in the game). When I zoom in at closer zoom levels, the pencil marker still shows but the red contact icon vanishes. Is this normal?

7. What is the point of the Send Status Report button in the Captains Log screen?
Needless to say all these questions should have been answered in even the most rudimentary manual, not the half-assed, cheap, lazy effort we got. I fear the SH series is turning into a low priority cash-cow project for Ubisoft and is nearing it's death if such a low-budget attitude like this is being taken

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Seefer; 05-16-10 at 07:25 PM.
Seefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contact icons, patrol, patrol missions, vontacts