Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-25-12, 09:23 PM   #586
cfsflyer
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Default External torpedoe usage?

Hi everyone, I have a question that I am unable to find a answer for. My external torpedoes, how do I access them? I ran out of torpedoes and noticed that I still have one external fore and aft, but am unable to gain usage of them.
Windows 7 Ultimate
cfsflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-12, 10:26 PM   #587
lilpooper
Sailor man

Downloads: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsflyer View Post
Hi everyone, I have a question that I am unable to find a answer for. My external torpedoes, how do I access them? I ran out of torpedoes and noticed that I still have one external fore and aft, but am unable to gain usage of them.
You must surface the boat. Then you drag the torpedo from the storage to internal storage using your mouse. It takes a long time to transfer and you're supposed to remain surfaced for the whole time (but I've seen a glitch where sometimes you can submerge).

And thats pretty much all there is to it.
lilpooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 03:42 AM   #588
shr84
Swabbie

Downloads: 60
Default Control diving detph via Strg/Control and raise against the bug(manuel divinf)

To control depth manualy or better hold a depth in deep water you have to put strg/contr and select 0 m(or feet dont know i play german version).Now your boat should hold the depth best it can do it i think.In may oppinion all other fixes (surfacing,go to periscope depth)are useless.Now you can move in silent mode without sinking .I play with A.I. difficult mod and the destroyers drive instantly to your position when you drive higher than 1 in other words you never could get them off.Glad i found that out by trying after only 30min.
Hope this is a help for them who dont now this.For me that bug was the frustradingst one because this makes the game realy unplayable.So frustrading that it forces me to post a reply .
P.S. If this tip exists allready than hey another chance to find out how to control the "without mods nearly uncontrolable beast called silent hunter 5" for unlucky unknowing like me.
shr84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 08:46 AM   #589
Retzer
Swabbie

Downloads: 7
Default VOLTRON

When going to the sound mods available on this sight, is there anything special I have to do to download it, or does it automatically attach itself to the sound folder in the game and work? THANKS
Retzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-12, 09:10 AM   #590
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retzer View Post
When going to the sound mods available on this sight, is there anything special I have to do to download it, or does it automatically attach itself to the sound folder in the game and work? THANKS
All mods come in a zipped folder. You have to use a program such as http://www.7zip.com/ to open that folder. You can then move the Data folder inside into your SH5 folder and overwrite the existing one when it asks. Better is to use JSGME http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3559 to install mods. That way you can tell if it might interfere with other mods and if you end up not liking it you can easily remove it again.
Old 07-06-12, 08:40 PM   #591
cfc3612
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Default getting pissed off

Question I am doing Recon Narvik naval base and I see the camera icon and when I get there I dont know what I need to do I circled it a couple of time and nothing HELP me Please
cfc3612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-12, 08:25 AM   #592
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc3612 View Post
Question I am doing Recon Narvik naval base and I see the camera icon and when I get there I dont know what I need to do I circled it a couple of time and nothing HELP me Please
Hi, just did this one, it's a matter of being right one the camera icon and looking through the scope and finding the single object that needs photographing, then click, done.
Old 07-14-12, 09:16 AM   #593
SFSchmidt
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Default British supplies

As i am quite new to silent hunter, i am going through career, in the campaign, total germany, where you have to sink 100.000 tons of shipping South of ireland, do you have to go All the Way back to Bremen to resupply? I cant get resupplied at sea because the request is denied? Any experiences on this?
SFSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 09:37 AM   #594
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSchmidt View Post
As i am quite new to silent hunter, i am going through career, in the campaign, total germany, where you have to sink 100.000 tons of shipping South of ireland, do you have to go All the Way back to Bremen to resupply? I cant get resupplied at sea because the request is denied? Any experiences on this?
Welcome aboard SFSchmidt!

Resupply is available in the Operation Drumbeat campaign of the stock and also in the Monsun Gruppe campaign of the Open Horizons II..
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=196873

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 11:43 AM   #595
SFSchmidt
Swabbie

Downloads: 6
Default Thanks.

Okay thanks, so frankly i need to get to the closest german occupied port to resupply and refit, as it is my understanding that it is not possible in neutral ports, is this correct?

I appreciate your help.
SFSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-12, 12:38 PM   #596
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFSchmidt View Post
Okay thanks, so frankly i need to get to the closest german occupied port to resupply and refit, as it is my understanding that it is not possible in neutral ports, is this correct?

I appreciate your help.
Resupply you can get in any German port but refit only in your base port..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-12, 06:18 PM   #597
steves77
Nub

Downloads: 26
Default Help Please

Hey, just got this game and trying to do the tutorial campaign.

????

The time compression it wants me to go to is 1024.......

I can only set it as high as 32.....

and its saying that I have not completed that part??? LOST???
steves77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 09:11 AM   #598
Maki4444
Sparky

Downloads: 334

Hey guys. I am waiting for the OHII v2 to ocme out, and untill then I am brushing up on some knowledge.

One tactic eludes me. In the movie Das Boot (I am sure almost everyone has watched it ) there is a scene where the boat performs a surface attack in the fog. The boat is speeding towards the convoy, the convoy is moving, and they fire torpedos and HIT. So my question is......has anyone tried this in sh5?? With manual targeting and full realism ofcourse??

My other question is. I have been watching stoianm1 tutorials. Stoianm always takes one reading and gets everything right. As far as I can see he eyeballs the stadimeter, but still gets right measurements. When I calculate, I have to make adjustmets a lot of the time, if I don't, ,my eels miss. Now I am not a noob and I have sunk my fair share of ships.

My point is.....does anyone else have the feeling his instruments aren't working quite so right??
The same thing is with the 4 bearings method. I posted a thread about this a while back, but no matter what I do........no matter....I always get the 4th bearing wrong. It's not my fault I do everything in the video......the target is sometimes 3000 meters away. Good course but not good distance.
Maki4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 09:30 AM   #599
ronjonthobi
Swabbie

Downloads: 113

graschoijxklzhej gw7gfeyi gy gdrtsxyguifgtse6xuotfdtearwus][
ronjonthobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-12, 02:01 PM   #600
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by steves77 View Post
Hey, just got this game and trying to do the tutorial campaign.

????

The time compression it wants me to go to is 1024.......

I can only set it as high as 32.....

and its saying that I have not completed that part??? LOST???
If you goto your nav map - you can set TC higher than 32.
32 is the limit when in 3d mode

Welcome to subsim btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki4444 View Post
Hey guys. I am waiting for the OHII v2 to ocme out, and untill then I am brushing up on some knowledge.

One tactic eludes me. In the movie Das Boot (I am sure almost everyone has watched it ) there is a scene where the boat performs a surface attack in the fog. The boat is speeding towards the convoy, the convoy is moving, and they fire torpedos and HIT. So my question is......has anyone tried this in sh5?? With manual targeting and full realism ofcourse??

My other question is. I have been watching stoianm1 tutorials. Stoianm always takes one reading and gets everything right. As far as I can see he eyeballs the stadimeter, but still gets right measurements. When I calculate, I have to make adjustmets a lot of the time, if I don't, ,my eels miss. Now I am not a noob and I have sunk my fair share of ships.

My point is.....does anyone else have the feeling his instruments aren't working quite so right??
The same thing is with the 4 bearings method. I posted a thread about this a while back, but no matter what I do........no matter....I always get the 4th bearing wrong. It's not my fault I do everything in the video......the target is sometimes 3000 meters away. Good course but not good distance.
He practiced many times im sure

If you have time - take many readings and fire one or two torps.
If you have no time - take one reading and fire a full salvo