SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Poll closed
option 0 0%
option 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-12, 02:38 PM   #286
Loudspeaker
Bosun

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Hello,

I have been reading quite a few posts here on RSRDC-compability, and it seems that we will need an old version, v401, for it to work. Is the newest version, 550 with patch for stock, completely out of the question?
Loudspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-12, 04:51 PM   #287
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudspeaker View Post
Hello,

I have been reading quite a few posts here on RSRDC-compability, and it seems that we will need an old version, v401, for it to work. Is the newest version, 550 with patch for stock, completely out of the question?
there are things added by 550 that arent acounted for in the RSRDC patch for GFO so right off the bat from what i recall there will be some ships that arent going to be corrected for speed and acceleration but i dont remember if there might be any other glitches. i do not believe there was much changed from 401 to 550 so if you go to my gamefront page you can download 401 there.

if 550 loads and runs without any ctd then its ok, it just might have some minor side effects you may or may not notice in the game.

my mod was designed to have very little to no conflicts with other mods so if you encounter a mod conflict it will usually just undo some fix that was incorperated into GFO but it shouldnt effect the game running ok

Last edited by Webster; 06-18-12 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-24-12, 04:53 PM   #288
Loudspeaker
Bosun

Thanks, webster. I will try it out and return with a feed back.
Old 06-26-12, 03:00 PM   #289
Loudspeaker
Bosun

I have tested GFO along with the newest version of RSRDC for stock, v550 with patch, and I have encountered no problems at all. The game is running smoothly without crashes.

I haven't tested it with a Pearl Harbour-campaign yet. I have had problems using RSRDC with RFB, once I am assigned to Midway. The game crashed everytime I tried to leave Midway for Japan.

Once I have finished my recent campaign, I will try to set off from Pearl and see what happens.
Old 06-27-12, 12:07 PM   #290
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudspeaker View Post
I have tested GFO along with the newest version of RSRDC for stock, v550 with patch, and I have encountered no problems at all. The game is running smoothly without crashes.

I haven't tested it with a Pearl Harbour-campaign yet. I have had problems using RSRDC with RFB, once I am assigned to Midway. The game crashed everytime I tried to leave Midway for Japan.

Once I have finished my recent campaign, I will try to set off from Pearl and see what happens.
thanks for reporting that, the only things i expected might be an issue is if a new ship was added to the game since RSRDC v401 then those ships will still have the sportscar accelleration and stopping on a dime that the stock ships had before my manuvering mod. they also might have some sonar sound issues as well. if no ships were added by RSRDC since v401 then there may be no issues at all
Old 07-08-12, 10:32 AM   #291
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Feedback Update: (thanks to Donna52522 for the feedback)

Max Optics 3 mod will not work with GFO, you get blurry images up close and sub skins do not work correctly so use Max Optics 4 instead because it will work fine without issues.
Old 07-10-12, 09:36 PM   #292
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Thanks Webster! I never thought I would play a basic stock game ever again!

Had the original release been this stable, it wouldn't have taken 2 years for me to put it back on the hard drive. Man, if the devs could have, had the time to finish the project to at least this point, even before the Uboat add on, the original sales could have been through the roof.

And the wait for the modders to sort out the original bugs would have been more bearable, and the mods would have been lightyears ahead of where they are even now.

Anyways, thanks again! Great job putting this together!

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-12, 09:03 AM   #293
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylander_1314 View Post
Thanks Webster! I never thought I would play a basic stock game ever again!

Had the original release been this stable, it wouldn't have taken 2 years for me to put it back on the hard drive. Man, if the devs could have, had the time to finish the project to at least this point, even before the Uboat add on, the original sales could have been through the roof.

And the wait for the modders to sort out the original bugs would have been more bearable, and the mods would have been lightyears ahead of where they are even now.

Anyways, thanks again! Great job putting this together!

well most of GFO is the work of other modders so all i did was put it all together in one package with a few of my own simple little mods for sort of like a final game patch the devs never did.

my goal was to make the most finished (and fixed) stock game you could get so it was enjoyable as is for beginners and its very mod friendly so with only a few exceptions you can add just about any single mods you want to it and they will work just fine.

im glad you liked it
Old 07-11-12, 04:33 PM   #294
Hylander_1314
Sea Lord

Downloads: 139

Oh, I know you cobbled things together mostly. Your own little tweaks are cool too though. I use the lifeboat mod in every version as an example that I play, and I have all the megamods goin' now. Even with Fred's and Captain America's radio mods.

Even the stock skins for the ships and all look good.

Don't know if you've added it, but Stanger's little tweak to correct the P-Class, and Salmon / Sargo control tower cable. I have added it, but not much else, as I always wanted to just try and enjoy a basic stock game, without all the bugs and bullshine.

For a beginner, it is a great mod for cutting their teeth on. For us old hands, it's a nice trip down memory lane.

---------------------

Hylander_1314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 08:14 AM   #295
Haukka81
Medic

Downloads: 368

Is there any recomended UI mods that work with GFO ? I like to see my course etc in menu bar or somewhere and curent compass is not very good.

And if anyone can recomend some mods that add immersion bit more ?
Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 09:37 AM   #296
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haukka81 View Post
Is there any recomended UI mods that work with GFO ? I like to see my course etc in menu bar or somewhere and curent compass is not very good.

And if anyone can recomend some mods that add immersion bit more ?
just about anything "should" work with GFO but there is no way to be sure so just try what you like and see how it works, if you dont notice any side effects it should be fine and in most cases if it interferes with something it would only undo a fix here or there which still wont effect the game working. i can say Max Optics 3 definately doesnt work with GFO, it causes ship skins to not work correctly and close up views of equipt are blurry, Max Optics 4 works fine with GFO as far as i know.
Old 07-13-12, 11:08 AM   #297
Haukka81
Medic

Downloads: 368

One last question, readme says that only evinroment v1 will work with gfo but any way to get this work with GFO ?? Improved Stock Environment(ISE) v3 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194657 Looks awesome
Haukka81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-12, 01:28 PM   #298
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
One last question, readme says that only evinroment v1 will work with gfo but any way to get this work with GFO ?? Improved Stock Environment(ISE) v3 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194657 Looks awesome
no promises or idea when it might happen but im trying to get into doing an update for GFO which would straighten out a few missing elements and naturally it would include patches for the latest RSRDC and environment mods
Old 08-12-12, 03:08 PM   #299
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Thank you! I've posted in the Improved Stock Environment thread this very question because there's no way I'm losing GFO for anything, but I'm drooling over this new environment mod, it does look really really good.
Anyway, I'm hoping that it's at least patchable.
High Hopes!
D40
Thanks Webster!
Old 08-12-12, 06:22 PM   #300
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfish40 View Post
Thank you! I've posted in the Improved Stock Environment thread this very question because there's no way I'm losing GFO for anything, but I'm drooling over this new environment mod, it does look really really good.
Anyway, I'm hoping that it's at least patchable.
High Hopes!
D40
Thanks Webster!
near as i can recall from memmory the only thing you will lose from GFO without a environment patch would be the smaller more transparent rain.

i would have to look up the settings but thats something you could add yourself if you wanted to