SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-20, 03:56 PM   #2656
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Who cares for some never heard of doctor's private opinion. Clinical studies describing result and methodology of correctly done test trials are what matters. The US government advisor on Corona, Faulci, is not convcined of it, indeed showed to be irritated by these entzsiastic claims. Nor are his German or French pendants convinced, and many other Corona experts.

The reputation of Trump's staff recommending it, is in doubt, and they are tied to business interests and have ties to companies producing the drug. Has been mentioned before, I must not repeat it again.

This is not some harmless playtoy that either works or not and thus can be just tried and fooled around with. This one has to undergo clinical test trials before accepted, the side-effects and risks are just too severe, and it is also the onyl way to get rliable, valid and solid data on the drug's efficiency or non-efficiency. There is no short-cut. What I have noticed in media about how such trials so far are going, there was nothing in them that encourages our own experts to put their hope in the drug. The tests go on, however, but the optimistic claims made by Trump's entourage are not justified so far .

Its more about somebody fearing for his reelection chances and thus grasping for every straw he finds and thus telling every fairy-tale with a nice ending.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-10-20 at 04:08 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 04:55 PM   #2657
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Trump is selling snake oil here. Because his buddies have own money in the game of wanting to sell it.

Prove it. I think this is just another one of your conspiracy theories.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 05:13 PM   #2658
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Who cares for some never heard of doctor's private opinion. Clinical studies describing result and methodology of correctly done test trials are what matters. The US government advisor on Corona, Faulci, is not convcined of it, indeed showed to be irritated by these entzsiastic claims. Nor are his German or French pendants convinced, and many other Corona experts.

The reputation of Trump's staff recommending it, is in doubt, and they are tied to business interests and have ties to companies producing the drug. Has been mentioned before, I must not repeat it again.

This is not some harmless playtoy that either works or not and thus can be just tried and fooled around with. This one has to undergo clinical test trials before accepted, the side-effects and risks are just too severe, and it is also the onyl way to get rliable, valid and solid data on the drug's efficiency or non-efficiency. There is no short-cut. What I have noticed in media about how such trials so far are going, there was nothing in them that encourages our own experts to put their hope in the drug. The tests go on, however, but the optimistic claims made by Trump's entourage are not justified so far .

Its more about somebody fearing for his reelection chances and thus grasping for every straw he finds and thus telling every fairy-tale with a nice ending.

Doctors just dont sit around waiting for test results. The optimism and use started with professional doctors in China, South Korea and other nations initially hit by the virus. Because there is no other known solution that optimism and use of many drugs has continued to this very day in countries like the U.S. Italy, Spain etc etc etc. Pretty much everyone has been trying everything they can think of which may help fight a COVCID-19 infection. Including Chloroquin. Trump has absolutely nothing to do with their decisions.

Basically they're throwing medicine at a problem like the government throws money at problems they dont understand and hope something works.

The problems you are seeing I think lies elsewhere, one is the FACT that everyone either hasnt heard or just simply ignores what Fauci has said: "There is an issue here of where we're coming from," Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday on CBS's Face The Nation. "The president has heard, as we all have heard, what I call anecdotal reports that certain drugs work." This week, Trump suggested a malaria drug called hydroxychloroquine was one of several that could be used as a treatment. “I think without seeing too much, I'm probably more of a fan of that,” Trump said. “And we all understand what the doctor said is 100% correct.” What Trump was trying to express, Fauci said Sunday, "was the hope that if they might work, let's try and push their usage."

2. It appears to me many media source seem to be pushing a theme of Trump at war with Fauci slant.

3. Trump just doesnt appear to be able to get his point across very clearly without looking a jack-ass most of the time.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-10-20 at 05:43 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 05:30 PM   #2659
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Pretty much everyone has been trying everything they can think of which may help fight a COVCID-19 infection. Including Chloroquin. Trump has absolutely nothing to do with their decisions.

Basically they're throwing medicine at the problem like the government throws money at problems they dont understand and hope something works.
Thank you Rockstar and August for standing in the gap ... I hope it makes sense to the nay sayers
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 05:51 PM   #2660
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

सच्चिदानन्द

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-11-20 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-10-20, 07:15 PM   #2661
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Good news- There are only 15 confirmed cases in my county.
Bad news- Iowa is made up of 99 small counties.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 08:59 PM   #2662
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Starting to see more and more about the jobless standing in food lines.

https://news.trust.org/item/20200409221616-zj0s0

Old 04-10-20, 09:53 PM   #2663
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
The first image is a still from a video on BBC World front page right now.

The second two shots are random photos from news coverage on the situation at NY hospitals. I rate them as believable because we have had videos of long trucklines at NY hospitals who parked their cooling trailers nearby hospitals on our daily German news main programs over here, since days.

There is also video footage shpowing bodybags beign carried out of NY hospitals and loaded onto trailers by forklifters.

The morgues are full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
Ok, thanks. I happened to see the same footage on the NBC News. You would think in a metro area with that many people, a few hundred more burials wouldn't be that hard to manage.

Why are the digging by hand? Ain't they got no backhoes? Carzy.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 10:02 PM   #2664
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Ok, thanks. I happened to see the same footage on the NBC News. You would think in a metro area with that many people, a few hundred more burials wouldn't be that hard to manage.

Why are the digging by hand? Ain't they got no backhoes? Carzy.

I read somewhere that due to their regulations, not sure if state or city, their morgues were already more than half full with unclaimed bodies before the start of the pandemic. Something about not being able to quickly dispose of them.

I am pretty sure what you are looking at is a temporary mass grave for unclaimed victims and that might be why they are being filled manually too.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-20, 11:33 PM   #2665
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

That makes perfect sense although I'm not sure why cremation wouldn't be a better option given that DNA collection would solve any ID problems.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:17 AM   #2666
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Good news- There are only 15 confirmed cases in my county.
Bad news- Iowa is made up of 99 small counties.
Napa now has 32 cases and two dead. All restaurants and wineries the heart of the world famous tourist wine/dine destination are shut except for take-out. As a civic duty, my retired wife and I are doing the take-out on a large scale at places to help out the people we've known over 30 years of splendid dining. Burglars also hit one of my favorite weekly establishments (Fume Bistro);as if things were'nt tough enough. Crime is generally way down though as there are no empty houses to be burgled during lockdown.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 12:41 AM   #2667
Buddahaid

A couple of cars next to dad's house in Napa were broken into last weekend. Stupid stuff stolen but I'm going to install another motion sensor light in that area.

And as a heads up, George at 4045 is getting crazier and starting to stand out on the street ranting at cars he doesn't like. I think he's not responding well to having to eat in....

But seriously Vince, he's going to get in trouble with the constabulatory soon. He's getting the angry old man syndrome and has already brandished a firearm once but edged out of it somehow. Just a heads up at this point.

David Bowie
Old 04-11-20, 02:40 AM   #2668
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

CALL ME ANYTIME, I'LL DASH OVER 2 BLOCKS, REASONABLY EQUIPPED, AND DEAL WITH IT FOR YA; MY 2 YEARS ON HAMILTON AF BASE PD AND 4 YEARS WITH WELLS FARGO AS THE NIGHT ALARM AGENT SHOULD SUFFICE....

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-20, 03:00 AM   #2669
Buddahaid

I appreciate that. I don't think George will cross the line with us as ins by his book, and he was a good neighbor when dad was alive, but then again he's not mellowing and focusing more on his riteous outrage than living in peace as he should. I don't know why he's bothered so much but I really just wanted you to be aware of his mental state in the area.

And yes, I do think Covid-19 has something to do with this and most likely due to political fallout.

David Bowie
Old 04-11-20, 05:15 AM   #2670
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

You do not want to just protect others from you. You also want to protect yourself from others. Wear a FFP mask. There is no reasonable alternative to that. Just cloth is not enough.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coro...-20200409.html

The video in that ^.

I have learned to hate ruthless runners outside, and now make myself as wide on ways as possible, even driving mild zig zags (on bicycle) at times to force people out of the way. Runners run by at reckless distances, do not even mind to maybe even touch you, if that is needed to squeeze themselves beyond you for the holy mission of not leaving the straight line. Bicycle drivers sometimes also are not any better.

Really, you do not want to need depending on the good will and reaosn of others. You do want to actively protect yourself from others as best as you can manage. Wear that damn FFP mask in rooms, and if weather and temperature allows, also in town on the street, or in the green areas outside when people are around. You never know when the next reckless idiot will decide to run into you. Its stupid to accept your wellbeing and health being at some stranger's mercy.

And mind you. In unmoving air, breath aerosols can hang aorund in the air FOR HOURS, forming clouds of 8-10 meters in diameter. In these times,. one should always keep this simple advice on mind: that you are reasonable and considerately yourself, does not automatically mean that someobdy else is not reckless and does mind to injure you. Trust is good. Control is better. Wear your FFP mask.

P.S.
I have baked mask filter material by now, 90°C for half an hour. The material, the connections, rubber and glue points all have surived in good shape. No smell to be noticed, at least no visible changes of the filter textile. The filters were locked away and hang up to cool down for 3 days before I put them in th eoven, and I did not expect any possible Covid 19 virusses to be left in them anyway, but the procedure is aiming at sterilising the masks from bacteria I have exhaled into them form my own lungs. There are some bacteria living even at 90°C and 100°C, but most that you usually find and have in youo own body should not live at that temperature anymore. - I know I know, its an improvisation, and nothign you would recommend in an ideal world. But the world is not ideal and the circumstances are far from being perfect. We need to improvise and hold out with what we currently have. BTW, some US hospitals now recommend to sterilise such filter masks (FFP) up to 20 times by bathing them in hydrogen peroxide. Not ideal, but a compromise that owes to the situation.

Last edited by Skybird; 04-11-20 at 05:53 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan