SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-20-21, 03:28 PM   #6421
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Czech Republic locked down too late, and did not control it with the needed determination, and now pays the price. They say they now are where Italy was one year ago. Standardised against their populaitoin sizek, the yhave the globally highest detah number. Thei8r hospitals are overwhelmed. A speaker for the hostials therte said in TV that also yoiung people withg no precidntions get seriousl ill. He also said that they see 30% of cases trnapsoerted ot hositals are dying - because they cannot be treated. Not enough staff, not enogubn ICUs.

This is why a lock-down and trying to protect the health care system is relevant. Because the now Czech conditions are what it looks like if the health system gets overwhelmed. They are with their backs not at the wall, but halfway pushed out of the window already.
Old 02-21-21, 06:25 AM   #6422
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The PM pledges that all adults in the UK will be offered a coronavirus jab by the end of July.

The government's previous target was to offer all adults the first dose by September.

Boris Johnson says he now wants the programme to "go further and faster"

One in three adults across the UK have been vaccinated, says Health Secretary Matt Hancock.

The PM is today holding a final meeting with senior ministers about how to ease England's lockdown.

Johnson will reveal his "road map" for easing restrictions on Monday.

Israel is easing restrictions following vaccine success, with shops, libraries and museums allowed to open.

Australia's PM receives the coronavirus vaccine as the country prepares to start inoculations this week.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 07:06 AM   #6423
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 02-21-21, 12:33 PM   #6424
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Following comment is Corona virus related despite it is off topic.

I read most of what you write in this thread and I read what my fb-friends write on their wall.

There's a different-Here the comments are more fact related than it is among my fb-friends, where conspiracy, hoax etc is being spread.

As some of you may know FB is hitting hart on this and I discovered less than a week ago that one of my fb-friends has got her account removed-cancelled/deactivated.

This does not surprise me-she have spread a lot of these conspiracy, hoaxes a.s.o.

yes free speech but with responsibility.

End of an off topic corona related comment.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 02:56 PM   #6425
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Too many humans, and the way they live

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/668228v1.full

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 03:17 PM   #6426
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post

free speech but with responsibility.
We've had a lot of one but none of the other.

If you want your words to matter, pick them carefully.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 03:19 PM   #6427
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Following comment is Corona virus related despite it is off topic.

As some of you may know FB is hitting hart on this and I discovered less than a week ago that one of my fb-friends has got her account removed-cancelled/deactivated.

This does not surprise me-she have spread a lot of these conspiracy, hoaxes a.s.o.
Markus
If the Chinese dictators put there hand up and owned up to this virus starting in their country in the first place then there wouldn't be any conspiracy theories doing the rounds anywhere would there?.

They can deny it and spread as much misinformation as they want but there is one undeniable fact that they can't get away from and that is no other country had a case of the China virus before it was running rampant in Wuhan.
Old 02-21-21, 04:41 PM   #6428
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

To continue from my last post and comment your answer.

There are people who has, what I call the Hitler effect-Meaning they can speak or write rubbish but their friends and others swallow it without thinking.

These people could have some life on their conscience.

As ET2SN wrote in an answer to me:
If you want your words to matter, pick them carefully.

And this is very true.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-21, 05:54 PM   #6429
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
If the Chinese dictators put there hand up and owned up to this virus starting in their country in the first place then there wouldn't be any conspiracy theories doing the rounds anywhere would there?.

They can deny it and spread as much misinformation as they want but there is one undeniable fact that they can't get away from and that is no other country had a case of the China virus before it was running rampant in Wuhan.
The question is *when* was it rampant. There are indications that someone had it in Italy as early as November 2019. We also know that flu season was awful the 2017 and 2018 seasons and since they didn't actually test everyone for flu who they suspect had it (and didn't check to see what actually was infecting someone who had flu like symptoms but who tested negative for flu), there are theories that covid-19 was actually around a lot earlier than December 2019.

Who knows?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 05:10 AM   #6430
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Too many humans, and the way they live

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/668228v1.full

Combination of the German mysticism and ethics driven concerns about that there are too many of certain type humans, that they are living their lives wrong, did not go well in the previous century.

Please don't make us come to Berlin again.
Old 02-22-21, 05:26 AM   #6431
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Icon12

^ "Human activities are greatly reducing the genetic diversity of species worldwide. Given the prediction that parasites better exploit less diverse host populations, many species could be vulnerable to disease outbreaks. However, the widespread nature of the ‘monoculture effect’ remains unclear outside agricultural systems. [...]"

It's not about power plays but science, no wonder autocrats don't like science.
Quote:
Please don't make us come to Berlin again.

Why not..
"in 15 Minuten sind die Russen auf dem Kurfürstendamm
sie lassen ihre Panzer im Parkhaus stehn
und wollen im Cafe Kranzler die Sahnetörtchen sehn

Sie kommen uns besuchen, einfach nur mal so
auf Kaffeechen und Kuchen und 'n Fläschchen Pikkolo
ein Wessi spricht: Ey, vergessen Sie nicht
der Russe, der ist schlecht!
Ich frag: Welcher denn? Das sind doch mehrere -
Tja, da hätt ich ja nun auch wieder recht ...

Sie bringen auch Geschenke mit
für die Mädels und die Freier
Kaviar und Wodka und russische Eier
das KaDeWe wird Partysitz vom KGB
und das Politbüro am Bahnhof Zoo
wird Separee mit ner feschen Lola auf dem Kanapee"

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-21, 05:57 AM   #6432
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

It has emerged that the EU's claim of Biontech having demanded prices above 50 Euros per dose, had been propaganda to distract from the EU centrela committee's own desastrous failure. Biontech's CEO insists that that price was just an early and internal idea, and that the first price option they formally offered to the EU had been "significantly below" that and close to the price they finally agreed on. Super-Uschi personally and the whole commission received a volley of acid criticsm from several high profile German politicians across the party spectrum, from the CSU's chancellor hopoeful Söder to the SPD health "expert" Lauterbach, in bteween the two polticians from the CDU and the Green, the FDP anyway. Its once again the cheapest trick from Super-Uschi's well-established standard repertoire of deflections. The underhanded intention of this manouver, so critics say, were obvious.

My apologies, I fell for that manouver, too, and posted the price of 50+€ as a revealed "fact". Should have known better - I mean its about Super-Uschi, I should have been warned: I warn of her incompetence and unscrupulousness since long enough now, or not?!
Old 02-22-21, 07:54 AM   #6433
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Covid vaccines have a significant impact on the risk of serious illness Public Health Scotland analysis shows.

In the fourth week after the first dose, hospitalisations were reduced by 85% and 94% for the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs.

Boris Johnson will later set out his four-step plan to release England from lockdown.

Cabinet meets virtually on Monday morning; the UK PM will address MPs at about 15:30 GMT and will hold a press conference at 19:00

Step one on 8 March will see schools reopening and two people allowed to meet outdoors for a chat.

From 29 March, outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households will be allowed.

Outdoor sports, including football, golf and tennis, will be allowed to resume from 29 March as well.

Organised adult and children's sport, such as grassroots football, will also return.

Progress to further steps depends on conditions around vaccination, infections, hospitalisations, deaths and new variants.

Scotland, Wales and NI will set out their own approaches.

The youngest pupils in Scotland and Wales have returned to school for the first time since Christmas.

Australia's government has criticised fans at the Australian Open final who loudly booed the mention of a vaccine rollout.

Old 02-22-21, 08:02 AM   #6434
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The first results of the UK vaccination programme suggests it is having a "spectacular" impact on preventing serious illness.

Research led by Public Health Scotland found at four weeks after the first dose, hospital admissions were reduced by 85% and 94% for the Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs respectively.

It is the first sign of the real world impact of vaccination in the UK.

Figures for England are expected to be released later.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56153600

Old 02-22-21, 01:10 PM   #6435
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan