Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-17, 06:19 AM   #661
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
Just got home, keeping shoes on tonight. Dog has that puzzled "What no chase me round the lounge?" look on her face. Popped some iced champers. Tonight is celebration night, made the last payment on the mortgage
Time to kick back after nearly 30 years!!!

Cheers all
Nice one Martin....brings back some great 2010 memories

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 07:43 AM   #662
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Well done, mate... I did that in October last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Nice one Martin....brings back some great 2010 memories
Thanks muchly chaps. In these times we must be quite a rarity, Mrs Fube already ordered a new three and five seat pair of leather sofas, and got the builder looking at the kitchen Plus side, I got the go ahead for my new 'puter upgrade
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 11:59 PM   #663
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Last Sunday I cancelled a band rehearsal because I was sick. It only lasted twenty-four hours. Then Tuesday a came down with a cold. Okay, no problem. Thursday I started coughing. Then came the headaches. Today I cancelled a second rehearsal in a row. Then I went back to bed. Nine hours later I got up, still feeling the same. I haven't finished today's '100 Years' posting because I just can't concentrate. On top of that we have an apartment inspection coming up Tuesday and I need to do a lot of cleaning, which I'm also not up to.

I've slept 18 hours out of the last 24, I've only been up for two hours and I'm going back to bed.
Old 04-15-17, 06:23 AM   #664
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Another day with the loony neighbours ripping into each other screaming their heads off, this crap has been going on for weeks now and I am really getting fed up with these chavs.

Get well Steve the band needs you mate.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-17, 08:51 PM   #665
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Just in from Scotland tour: hit nine whiskey distilleries, 5 castles, in over 12 days: Incl: Oban; the Isle of Skye, the Boarders and Speyside. Edinburgh, Holyrood and Falkirk castles were superb! The food was great and the board & breakfasts we stayed in were wonderful; some fronting directly on fabulous lochs. B&B Scottish hospitality is stupendous. Lots of fabulous cloudscapes and snowy peaks in the highlands. Fotos when my daughter and 'friend' get around to e-mailing them.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 03:19 AM   #666
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Just in from Scotland tour: hit nine whiskey distilleries, 5 castles, in over 12 days: Incl: Oban; the Isle of Skye, the Boarders and Speyside. Edinburgh, Holyrood and Falkirk castles were superb! The food was great and the board & breakfasts we stayed in were wonderful; some fronting directly on fabulous lochs. B&B Scottish hospitality is stupendous. Lots of fabulous cloudscapes and snowy peaks in the highlands. Fotos when my daughter and 'friend' get around to e-mailing them.

Looking forward to seeing them ol' mate

All the best
Old 04-18-17, 06:02 AM   #667
STEED
Lucky Jack

I am all pumped up we got a snap general election June 8th, bring it on.

Popping out later today to buy a few things and have a nice walk in the fresh air..cough.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 04-18-17 at 06:54 AM.
Old 04-18-17, 08:22 AM   #668
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Playing SH3 hoping it don't CTD yet again Been on a big convoy tail for almost 2 days, real time. Got the week off ready for my new build, when it arrives.

Fubar
Old 04-18-17, 09:33 AM   #669
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

House decorating all finished now so yesterday we went shopping for new light fittings (ceiling, table and freestanding), a standalone electric fire, curtains, voiles and some more concrete garden ornaments (tortoise, hare and a hedgehog).

Couldn't stop tripping the electrics after fitting the ceiling lights so asked a kindly neighbour (with an electrical qualification) to sort it out....took him ten minutes to sort (I'd inadvertently crossed a wire) so I paid him in wine terms because he refused offers of money.

Wife is now quite happy and I'm even happier because the wine was from her stocks and I got to keep all my beer

Old 04-18-17, 09:57 AM   #670
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Top banana Jim, can't have them beers dwindling, never know when you need another neighbours services
Old 04-18-17, 10:15 AM   #671
STEED
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Wife is now quite happy and I'm even happier because the wine was from her stocks and I got to keep all my beer
Start praying as women always find out.

Old 04-18-17, 01:27 PM   #672
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default B & Bin' Thru the Highlands: Haggis, Whisky and castles

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing them ol' mate

All the best
Following our initial three day stay in Edinburgh and the World of Whisky tour, and due to a stormy strait situation, we got to see this scenc monument on a blustery day, with snow in the peaks, dedicated to British commandos who trained here during WWII. Our trip allowed a night in Glenrothes (the Boarders) and our favorite Oban (Oban Distillary).With our intended route to Skye via ferry at Maillag cut off by heavy seas in the Strait of Sleat, we went long route 'round to Fort William along the scenic Lochs: Alsh & Cluanie to the only bridge to Isle of Skye access at Kyle of Lochalsh>
We travelled some serious one lane roads; all the way to the northern tip of Skye to foto at Milovaig at the tip of the Duirinish Peninsula; stopping at the Talisker Distillery at Carbost. Talisker was the favourite whisky of writer Robert Louis Stevenson; my daughter is the director of the RLS museum in St Helena, CA (think Silverado Squatters ...written during his sojourn in CA)...Hey practically a IRS business deduction 'write-off' there... imho! Following that we headed to Grantown-on-Spey in the Cairngorms National Park. We sampled Dalwhinnie, Chivas Regal, GlenGrant & Cragganmore in Ballindallochdistilleries in the 'Speyside' district of whisky making. Getting misdirected by our GPS down the dirt farm path to Cragganmore required all of my old fire-trail Santa Cruz Mtns. trucker-driving skills (steering wheel on the Audi 6's right side)as (still sober)relief-driver to the (by then) 'over Scotch-sampled' kids' driving! A marvelous feat at age 66!{@ Jimbuna: you've got to have a Scottish venison pie at Craig's Pub in Grantown-on Spey; It's crammed with wonderful WWII and post- war airplane memorabilia/photos.} Following a hasty redistribution of various bottles for customs declaration limits amongst our bags, and a ten-hour flight-(over 25 hours awake each way)...we are pleased to sleep in our own bed ...with a vodka gimlet nightcap!(Note; for all grammar-Nazis; whiskey in Scotland is spelled Whisky)

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 01:55 PM   #673
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Fantastic pics, Aktung... been waiting patiently for you to check back in. See any Red Squirrels?
Old 04-18-17, 02:09 PM   #674
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

That first shot is a master piece mate, perfection!

Fubar
Old 04-18-17, 02:59 PM   #675
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
That first shot is a master piece mate, perfection!

Fubar
Yep, great shot of the Commando Monument at Spean Bridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...lands-20007478