Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-21, 01:05 AM   #13906
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

I must say,Boris did a good job of keeping his wife away from our Joe. I have know idea why our "Queen" aka First lady Jill showed up with her 1968 love jacket on.But these old politician family's we have here in the USA live in their own Bubbles that can never be broken. And they must survive on the backs of those they promised everything they cant deliver. Just as your Politicians over there do.
So for the rats that support them let's get up tomorrow and work another 15 hr day so they can live in their bubble's fly in their jets. Cruise on their yachts. Live with unlimited electrical power and tell you, bicycle,walk and buy blankets in the summer so you don't freeze in the winter. and learn to eat Kale, while they eat lobster.
Yes the G7 was so transparent it was held in private so no citizen that they represented could hear what the beautiful and so smart had to say. About what the hell their going to do about Us. Well all i have to say is... look back in history and you will see the future.
I say if your a Politician you have 10 years . Then you rejoin the people and live by the laws you your self have passed . And when you and your family are hungry there will be a biskit on the table of those you thought were nothing but the ants. That Karl Marx sat on a bench and looked down at the ant and thought if i can make a country just like those ants... it will be a perfect society.

Last edited by Gorpet; 06-12-21 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-12-21, 02:27 AM   #13907
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/06/12/m...-uk/index.html

Popcorn loaded, unlocked, ready: let the wars begin.
Old 06-12-21, 05:19 AM   #13908
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Macron told Johnson he is ready to initiate a "reset" of Franco-British relations if the UK respects the Brexit deal, French sources say
I wonder.....will that be before or after they send the next bunch of illegal immigrant boats across the channel

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-12-21, 05:32 AM   #13909
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I really don't see Poland leaving because they have far too much to lose.

Old 06-12-21, 06:23 AM   #13910
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

Here in the UK the Tory government find it difficult to please all 4 countries that make up the UK, just imagine the nightmares the EURO bigwigs have of trying to please 27 of them.

I've been dusting my crystal balls off, yes Catfish, we Brexiteers have shinier balls than you EURO lot have.
I see some dark shadows looming over the horizon for the EU, starting with the elections in Germany and gathering force with the elections in France, prepare yourselves for some monumental storms.

Hey this Nostradamus ‎Prophecy thingie is bleeding easy, I think I might be the next big thing you know, and just remember, you heard it here first.
Old 06-12-21, 08:24 AM   #13911
Skybird
Soaring

Somebody is paving the way for making breaking the NI protocol a permanent thing.
I know I said it often enough, but you shouldn't have signed that thing, dear PM - what else is there to say? Now the UK has no other choice than to break it and take the blame for it. Must have been a deep, deep coma that protocol was signed in. Or was it an early taste of long Covid?

From the BBC newsticker:

"But the Northern Ireland Protocol has strained that agreement and now risks causing a trade war between the UK and EU.But UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson told BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg there was a "lot of misunderstanding" around the EU over the issue.
Quote Message: "I think that to be fair there's quite a lot of misunderstanding around the EU about the situation in Northern Ireland, the balance of the Good Friday Agreement, the peace process. I was just in a gentle way getting across what that means and I think that we'll have some pragmatic solutions. "I think that to be fair there's quite a lot of misunderstanding around the EU about the situation in Northern Ireland, the balance of the Good Friday Agreement, the peace process. I was just in a gentle way getting across what that means and I think that we'll have some pragmatic solutions.

Quote Message: And if we don't then I think that what our friends have also understood is that it's the prime duty of the UK government to uphold the territorial integrity of the United Kingdom and that is what we're going to do and we'll do whatever it takes to ensure that.
And if we don't then I think that what our friends have also understood is that it's the prime duty of the UK government to uphold the territorial integrity of the United Kingdom and that is what we're going to do and we'll do whatever it takes to ensure that."
Old 06-12-21, 04:35 PM   #13912
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

The fact that there are some things going wrong in the EU has clouded the fact there is a lot worse going on in the UK.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 06-12-21, 05:00 PM   #13913
Moonlight
Admiral

^I know what's wrong with our government Catfish, Bozo Johnson is a lying corrupt bastard, Priti bloody useless Patel is a super currant and Matt Hancock is a bleeding pensioner killer.
I have no idea if the above is what you're referring to so please enlighten me if you know something else that I don't know, you never know I might even agree with you for once.
Old 06-12-21, 06:31 PM   #13914
Catfish

Icon12

Your leaders are not in charge. The 'leaders' who created the situation have jumped ship in 2016. They should have put those in charge who created it, Rees-Mogg, Cummings, Farage, those ugly faces of brexit, and they should get the fire they deserve.
I like Boris, he is entertaining, not openly aggressive (though i think he is a real right a$$hole when it comes to women, having a leading job, getting to power, and clear the table off competition), and sympathetically undiscerning. I still have no idea what he has to do with government (i guess Eton is the prerequistion but still i do not understand this here), but it sure was fun in a way.

Old 06-13-21, 07:21 AM   #13915
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

@Sky....you are quite correct in stating that the Northern Ireland Protocol should never have been agreed to. Someone certainly took their eye off the ball there.

The current position is simple in a sense and is adequately explained by the Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab in an interview he gave this morning.

A few of excerpts:

"EU figures talk about N Ireland as if it were somehow a different country from the UK."

"No one should be surprised by these reports and it's not just one figure.

We have serially seen senior EU figures talk about Northern Ireland as if it were somehow a different country from the UK."

"Could you imagine if we talked about Catalonia, the Flemish part of Belgium, one of the Lander in Germany, northern Italy, Corsica in France as different countries?"

https://news.sky.com/story/brexit-do...l-row-12331428

The simple fact of the matter is that Brits are becoming tired of the whole shenanigan from both sides and will eventually put pressure on the muppets who purport to govern us to bring matters to an end.

UK sovereignty is non negotiable and if that means ripping up the agreement then so be it.

I find it sadly amusing that a continent which required so much effort and expense to be saved less than a century ago now sees fit to band together in an effort to become a super state (I think it inappropriate to mention those of such minute stature in both size and economy but we can all name them).

I find it even sadder that it is your country in the main which is bankrolling it at the expense of future generations.

Whatever happened to the original concept of free trade amongst equals?

What we have now is mainly unelected officials in top positions interfering in the internal mechanisms of countries they have no business in.

The United Kingdom will not bow before those bullies and my vote as always will be one of opposition to such challenges.

Old 06-13-21, 07:27 AM   #13916
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Food for thought.

Quote:
G7 summit: China says small groups do not rule the world

China has warned the G7 leaders that the days when a "small" group of countries decided the fate of the world were long gone.

The comments, by a spokesman for the Chinese embassy in London, come as the leaders, who are meeting in England, seek a unified position over China.

They adopted a spending plan in response to a massive Chinese scheme.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-57458822

Old 06-13-21, 08:16 AM   #13917
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

No doubt China's line would be different if they were part of the clique, but they're not a democracy so tough boobies.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.
Old 06-13-21, 09:01 AM   #13918
Moonlight
Admiral

A spending plan is going to possibly cost trillions in the long run, what's wanted is a united front from the leaders and then they can cut off China's source of wealth, that's going to take some massive balls and I'm sorry to say that the western leaders don't have any.
Old 06-13-21, 03:40 PM   #13919
Catfish

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-56678489

"Border poll

The British government accuses them of being deaf to the needs of Unionists and of putting the interests of those who care more about Northern Ireland's relationship with Ireland ahead of those who care about its relationship with Great Britain.

UK ministers say the EU gave Unionists another reason to be upset by almost accidentally suspending the Protocol in January when it was designing a mechanism to screen exports of Coronavirus vaccines.

The EU quickly corrected its mistake and apologised. Officials in Brussels say privately that the problems in Northern Ireland are because the UK was not honest about the changes that were coming and acted too late to minimise their impact.

The biggest question of all is the degree to which the implementation of the Brexit deal affects the number of Northern Irish citizens saying they would like to be part of Ireland.

British law compels the Northern Ireland Secretary to hold a referendum - a border poll - if there is evidence that a majority of the population wants reunification.

Opinion polls suggest a small but growing minority in favour but the law is silent about what evidence should be considered or how a vote would work.

This potential break-up of the UK is why the technical details of the Brexit deal matter to politicians in London, Belfast, Dublin and Brussels.

And to people on the streets in Newtownabbey, Carrickfergus, Ballymena and Londonderry."

Old 06-13-21, 04:26 PM   #13920
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Whatever happened to the original concept of free trade amongst equals?
"Equals"...?
There are those who think it is their job to eölevate bthenmsloeves above all others, call them the noble men, and there are those who are intended to be their serfs. Like in the medievals. Euqlai8t yis not on the agenda. Never was, I have come to start thinking. Equality does not allow control, control is a must for power, power is what its about.

Quote:

What we have now is mainly unelected officials in top positions interfering in the internal mechanisms of countries they have no business in.
Thats exactly the EU. They are servants, secretaires. They behave as if they were bosses and heads of a state.

I said it many timers: let there be a free t5rade zone in Europe and across the Atlantic. Not Africa or the ME. Europe and North America. Let that be the EU. Let there be the will and the ability tio miolitarily defend this free trade zone and the freedom in its zone, make the NATO powerful enough for that again. ECB, Euro, Maastricht and one currency - all the many other things the fat cats in Brussels have uttered in power claims and powers - throw it into the waste bin of history, its not wanted, its not needed, it never was any good idea. Its what will bring destruction over Europe. Over Europe, because Europe and the EU are two totally different things. I am pro-Europe - but therefore I necessarily must be anti-EU. I would contradict myself if I would say the two are the same. They are antagonists.

The EU has turned into the perfect anti-thesis to "Europe", destroying, denying, rejecting everything that makes Europe "Europe", no matter whether in good or bad.

Very Sovjet. Very Chinese KP. When I look at Brussels, I have deja vus.

Tags
british, politics