Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-07-22, 02:54 PM   #10081
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk View Post
Unless of course you're the single case.
I am triple-jabbed, that makes me hardly a single case.

And if you refer to studies on Vit-D, these in the past two years alone ranged from low hundreds to several hundred thousands of participants. Also, a german meta-study from 13 months ago (and completely unrelated to Covid-19) showed that the word-telling on Vit-D in Germany over the past decade has slowly but steadily raised the supply levels in the German population. Across all age and social groups. Today, much less people are deficitary than were ten years ago, thanks to the information work and publications by people here in Germany like Dr. med Reimund von Helden (who was the first doctor worldwide who described a detailed and comprehensive symptomatic Vitamine-D deficiency syndrome 15 years ago or so), Prof. Dr. Dr. Jörg Spitz (who now, at higher age, organises public information events, academic discussion conferences and generally tries to bring the information to wide public awarenss with a media-work-related academy), and several Vit-D related grassroot organisations and associations with the same goal. Today, much less people are deficitary over here than were ten years ago. You must not know these names and organisaitons, they are national/German , but you have the same in the US, and the grey eminence of Vit-D research, Prof. Michael Holick from Boston University, who staged the modern big bang for Vit-D research in the 70s. Since SARS 2003 we know there is something with Corona virusses and that they do not like Vit-D, and in the past 20 years our understanding and knowledge about this steroid hormone (thats what it really is, it is no vitamine...) has exploded by several factors, many researchers speak of nothing less than a paradigm shift. MERS 2008 gave another booster ignition to this learning process.

And now you know why early 2020, when Covid-19 was new, some people sprinted out of the starting block erarly and knew already then that Vitamine D was something to watch out for, that it could be of huge relevance. Because the research done on it and the knowledge gained on it is much older than just dating back to 2020. In principle its first fundaments are already almost half a century old. Again, Michael Holick is the name you want to check out.

Needless to say, the pharmaceutical industry keeps silent about all this, and its allies in politics and media do not want the public to know it. After all, the freshly studied student of medicine, after havig finsihed university, knows littlebaout healing - but he is an expert in prescribing drugs with serious sideffects that fight symptoms (often at a cost), but do not heal the desease at the root of the symptomns and suffering. Frswhly-made doctors form unbiversity are salesmen. The better of them understand that some time later - and then try to unlearn, relearn, and learn new things. The bad doctors are those who simply stick to what they have learned at university with its industry-influenced curriculum, and do not want to go beyond that. These kind of lazy doctors do harm to people.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-07-22 at 03:22 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 03:56 PM   #10082
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the "supplement therapeutics vs vaccine" been discussed multiple times in this thread ever since the Vaccine became available? Unless there is NEW information in one vs the other it's time to move on to something more productive, like living your lives.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 04:07 PM   #10083
Skybird
Soaring

Many different positions get endlessly repeated in this thread, some of them even being more political, than medically related to the topic.

But okay, I hear ya. Blame it all on Arlo.

P.S. I never was about supplements versus vaccines, it always was supplements and vaccines!
Old 02-07-22, 08:04 PM   #10084
Arlo
The Old Man

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
But okay, I hear ya. Blame it all on Arlo.

P.S. I never was about supplements versus vaccines, it always was supplements and vaccines!
I'll give you the BOTD that you were offering up some tongue in cheek humor but to clarify - the following were the points I offered:

1. I've not seen American main stream media attack anyone for using or suggesting the use of vitamins or any other proven health related supplement alongside vaccination. Use of them instead of vaccination is another thing.

2. Using or claiming as example an associate or colleague (or relative or neighbor, etc..) having had a bad experience (be it death or disability) with one of the vaccines is not the damning proof one may pretend it to be (and no, bringing that up, in turn, isn't the same as showing up at a funeral and being cruel and insensitive).

3. I think 1 and 2 covers it.
Old 02-07-22, 09:53 PM   #10085
Gorpet
Still Searching

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I am triple-jabbed, that makes me hardly a single case.

And if you refer to studies on Vit-D, these in the past two years alone ranged from low hundreds to several hundred thousands of participants. Also, a german meta-study from 13 months ago (and completely unrelated to Covid-19) showed that the word-telling on Vit-D in Germany over the past decade has slowly but steadily raised the supply levels in the German population. Across all age and social groups. Today, much less people are deficitary than were ten years ago, thanks to the information work and publications by people here in Germany like Dr. med Reimund von Helden (who was the first doctor worldwide who described a detailed and comprehensive symptomatic Vitamine-D deficiency syndrome 15 years ago or so), Prof. Dr. Dr. Jörg Spitz (who now, at higher age, organises public information events, academic discussion conferences and generally tries to bring the information to wide public awarenss with a media-work-related academy), and several Vit-D related grassroot organisations and associations with the same goal. Today, much less people are deficitary over here than were ten years ago. You must not know these names and organisaitons, they are national/German , but you have the same in the US, and the grey eminence of Vit-D research, Prof. Michael Holick from Boston University, who staged the modern big bang for Vit-D research in the 70s. Since SARS 2003 we know there is something with Corona virusses and that they do not like Vit-D, and in the past 20 years our understanding and knowledge about this steroid hormone (thats what it really is, it is no vitamine...) has exploded by several factors, many researchers speak of nothing less than a paradigm shift. MERS 2008 gave another booster ignition to this learning process.

And now you know why early 2020, when Covid-19 was new, some people sprinted out of the starting block erarly and knew already then that Vitamine D was something to watch out for, that it could be of huge relevance. Because the research done on it and the knowledge gained on it is much older than just dating back to 2020. In principle its first fundaments are already almost half a century old. Again, Michael Holick is the name you want to check out.

Needless to say, the pharmaceutical industry keeps silent about all this, and its allies in politics and media do not want the public to know it. After all, the freshly studied student of medicine, after havig finsihed university, knows littlebaout healing - but he is an expert in prescribing drugs with serious sideffects that fight symptoms (often at a cost), but do not heal the desease at the root of the symptomns and suffering. Frswhly-made doctors form unbiversity are salesmen. The better of them understand that some time later - and then try to unlearn, relearn, and learn new things. The bad doctors are those who simply stick to what they have learned at university with its industry-influenced curriculum, and do not want to go beyond that. These kind of lazy doctors do harm to people.
Skybird what happen to you? I have followed your posts for years and over those years you have changed the way i have looked at the world . What makes you so afraid ? Old age ? well you can't out run it ,maybe with enough money you can buy the best medical, but if it is heredity your fukchicken anyway.You seem to me that you have lost your mind to this virus .
Gorpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-22, 10:00 PM   #10086
Arlo
The Old Man

Well, at least he isn't afraid of needles, GorpGalt.
Old 02-07-22, 10:35 PM   #10087
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Well, at least he isn't afraid of needles, GorpGalt.
My Galt life is great.Will it survive ? Not if i stay in the United States.
In their future you will own nothing and be at peace.
Old 02-07-22, 10:50 PM   #10088
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorpet View Post
My Galt life is great.Will it survive ? Not if i stay in the United States.
In their future you will own nothing and be at peace.
Klaatu barada nikto. Goonie goo goo, Gus.
Old 02-07-22, 11:30 PM   #10089
Gorpet
Still Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
Klaatu barada nikto. Goonie goo goo, Gus.
LOL, I don't know if Putin has watched that movie.He probably has anywho , who is the good guy and who is the bad guy?

Putin who lands in the saucer or NATO who fires the first shot?

Last edited by Gorpet; 02-07-22 at 11:39 PM.
Old 02-08-22, 06:34 AM   #10090
Arlo
The Old Man

Quote:
LOL, I don't know if Putin has watched that movie.He probably has anywho , who is the good guy and who is the bad guy?

Putin who lands in the saucer or NATO who fires the first shot?
It's the blurring of good and bad that presents the true problem. Such as the assumption that NATO will fire the first shot .... or that Putin is an advanced alien, simply because he's the powerful invader. Those would be simplistic assumptions from a simplistic mind (or, if one chooses to believe, fantastic assumptions ... from a 'fantastic' mind). Reality is much more obvious and requires realistic supposition ... or observation, if the facts present themselves.

But that ... is a different topic, in a different thread. Best to do your blurring of that there.

Last edited by Arlo; 02-08-22 at 07:02 AM.
Arlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 07:35 AM   #10091
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Skybird what happen to you? I have followed your posts for years and over those years you have changed the way i have looked at the world . What makes you so afraid ? Old age ? well you can't out run it ,maybe with enough money you can buy the best medical, but if it is heredity your fukchicken anyway.You seem to me that you have lost your mind to this virus .
"Afraid"...?

You may laugh at me, but when I leave the house, I lock the door to my flat. When in a car, I use the seat-belts. And I don't jump out of a window just because I am standing on the third floor.

Not fear. Reason.

Fear was a part regarding my old parents who for long time stayed to be unvaccinated, until last late Novembre - I feared I unknowingly might bring the plague into their home. If they would have died due to that, i would have never forgiven myself. Seen that way, again: it was reason. That my old father tremendously benefitted from massive additional health improvements by following my example, was an unintended bonus. His doctor is perplexed. To lesser degree, my Mum benefitted of it as well.

And another reason: Initially I got engaged with these topics via Vit-D, that is correct. But i soon found the whole topic of food-related and orthomolecular medicine to be extremely interesting for the sake of the very topics themselves. I am interested in these like I am interested in astronomy, or chess openings. Its fascinating stuff.

BTW, I am sick and tired, too, of this whole pandemic situation, like so many others are. I think way ahead of the German govenrment's delayed easing - or better: non-easing - of lockdowns and measurements. I think since weeks we must open up again, cannot afford to go on like this any longer, and I always thought that we will need to risk mass infection of the population - once a huge part of the population can go through that under the protective umbrella of being vaccinated. Its not a perfect solution, but its the best we can acchieve, I think. But many Germans are indeed paralysed like a deer in the searchhlight.

If we do not open up again now - WHEN THEN...???

Last edited by Skybird; 02-08-22 at 07:44 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 08:27 AM   #10092
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 09:09 AM   #10093
Skybird
Soaring

A new US study shows that there is a significantly raised risk for cardiovascular problems in the year after havign suffered a serious or mild case of Covid-19. The risks for strokes and heart attacks are for example raised by 50% and 60%. Such issues in the first 30 days after a cured infection were ignored, only months 2 to 12 were considered in the study. They compared 156,000 infected people to around 5 million non-infected people from during the pandemic and the data files from another 5 million people from before the Corona pandemic.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-01689-3
Old 02-08-22, 10:56 AM   #10094
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Misinformation and conspiracy is being spread about Denmarks fully open society

Following is a translated article(Danish to English)

https://www-bt-dk.translate.goog/sam..._x_tr_pto=wapp

Since there seems to be a problem with the twitter link in the translation I post it here

https://twitter.com/KasperKepp/statu...t3pBNVsTM69ZCw

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-22, 01:14 PM   #10095
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan