SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-01-12, 07:29 AM   #1
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 301
Uploads: 0
mtns-More traffic, nations and ships by uekel, (in English) + OHII

Since for me this mod has become a must have, I would like to start this thread to share here our problems and solutions with it so far, (in English, please), because it´s not only me but a lot of people who are having problems with it (see posts in OHII thread) and most of the info for it is in German http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=183101 , what is not of great help for me,( even with Google Translation which makes a big mess translating from German to Spanish) i thought it would be convenient to concentrate all the info related to this mod here, in just one thread.
So i would like to resume all the info i´ve got till now.

It´s actually in version 1.8e =>download: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3222
Quote:
Originally Posted by uekel View Post
Hey guys!

I know it's not my thread, but there is a new mtns version. For this I have mainly, for nearly all textures (also from the 'old' models) the memory requirements optimized. Perhaps it helps, that that this configuration run smoother for you. If you want try, you´ll find it as usual here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=3222.

There is a link to the also reupped "OHII&HarbourAdditon_Fix" as well.

Regards

uekel
"mtns - OHII&HarbourAdditon_Fix_1.8a"
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=166

The nicest way is to use it in combination with HanSolo´s "Harbour_Addition_Environment_Enhancement Mod v0.5"

Enable in following order (please just use these versions):

-Harbour_Addition_Environment_Enhancement MOD v0.5 - Open_Horizons
-Open horizons II full v1.8
-Open horizons v1.8 Patch and OHII Higher Tonnage Objectives for v1.8
-more traffic, nations and ships v1.8e
-mtns - OHII&HarbourAdditon_Fix v1.7a
(- mtns - OHII & HarbourAdditon_Fix - restore minefields(optional - activate at last))==>Not using anymore they are standard now in v1.8e ,see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=156

First of all, this usefull info:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Good new for everyone who was having trouble using OHII, Mnts and Harbour improv mods.

Uekel has been kind enough to make a light version
This light version no longer uses the harbour mod. This is a pity, but as the harbours give the most memory issues - it was the easiest solution.

With the light version - I can now start a new campaign in Kiel with my full mod list installed.

Thanks Uekel

I have been testing a lot of diferents combinations with the mods and even with version 1.8c and fix 1.6c i´m having problems. Not always but most of the times, so i´m using the "light" version with mods enable in following order:
(note: i use a lot more but these are the relevants for what we´re talking about, enabled them after TWD UI´s mods)

01 - Harbour_Addition_Environment_Enhancement MOD v0.5 - Open_Horizons
02 - OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.8
03 - TDW_Mines_Subnets_Detectable_in_hydro (comes in: OH II v1.8)
04 - mtns - more traffic, nations and ships 1_8e
05 - mtns - OHII&HarbourAdditon_Fix_1_8a
06 - mtns - OHII&HarbourAdditon_Fix - restore minefields ==>Not using anymore[/COLOR] they are standard now in v1.8e ,see here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=156
07 - OH II Campaign Radio Messages v4 ==>Not using anymore they are standard now in OHII v1.8
08 - OH II Minefield map for TDWs Ui
09 - mtns - Enhanced FunelSmoke1.2_by HanSolo78 (comes in: mtns - more traffic, nations and ships 1_8c)
10 - mtns - Fix for Reaper7 UI - recognition manual (comes in: mtns - more traffic, nations and ships 1_8c) ==>Not using anymore see here:
Quote:
I´ve seen you don´t need the "mtns - Fix for Reaper7 UI - recognition manual" because here the pictures resized automatically. Please deactivate it.
11 - SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.1

PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS

1- First thing you notice is that the game loading time is quite longer. In my machine it takes about 7 minutes to load a "New campaign". Not big issue, (just take a coffee in between).

2-As i also use "NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_TheDarkWraith" enable before those i still got a CTD when starting a new campaign. I solved it removing the \data\Library\cameras.cam from the mnts mod and now it works.
Quote:
That´s true!It´s ok, because "cameras.cam" was not important for mtns. I only increased the outside view´s "MaxZoom" from 10 to 400. It had bothered me that for example ships from very near proximity, still appear relatively small.

3-If i use "Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith" got a CTD when starting a new campaign. NO SOLUTION found here, so not using it.

4-As i also use "NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ERM_Reaper7_NightVision_Black_Sk in" i have to use "mtns - Fix for Reaper7 UI - recognition manual". The problem here is that the SOAN doesn´t recognice a lot of ships and got an error from TDW python scripts saying "bla, bla...error". Not big issue here since just hitting Enter key it continues without CTD. This is the point where i´m stuck now because i would like the SOAN to work properly with "Identifying" ships. Any help from Reaper7 or any other "guru" from mods would be great !!

Hoping a lot of feedback from the people who are using this Mod to try to solve the problems together and to save a lot of time to the "new users" of this great adon for SH5.

Thanks to Uekel for mnts, to Zedi and Trevally for OHII, TDW for all the !!Great!! mods, and of course TO ALL THE REST OF MODERS. Without people like you all, this game would be in the rubbish.

Sorry for the long post.
Kind regards
Pedro

Last edited by pedrobas; 03-29-12 at 02:55 PM.
pedrobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 08:35 AM   #2
mikaelanderlund
Captain

Downloads: 267

Agree, those mods are a must . I will check and test cameras.cam

mikaelanderlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 08:42 AM   #3
fromhell
Lieutenant

Downloads: 217
Uploads: 7

this thread is a good idea, well done, maybe it should be stickied.
Old 02-01-12, 08:46 AM   #4
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Thanks, i didn´t know if people would like it, but thought it would be helpful for people to not loose as much time as myself trying to make this work.
Old 02-01-12, 09:07 AM   #5
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Just after writing the first post i made again two tests:

1-enable again Sub_Exhaust_1_0_5_byTheDarkWraith" got a CTD when starting a new campaing. No matter in what order i enable it it.

2-As said here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
I have been testing a lot of diferents combinations with the mods and even with version 1.8c and fix 1.6c i´m having problems. Not always but most of the times, so i´m using the "light" version
i tried again to use the "full" version (unenable the "mtns - OHII&HarbourAdditon_Fix - disable Harbour Addition - Light Version" and start a new campaign and !!surprise!! is working ok now, so sometimes works, sometimes crashes. Don´t know why, maybe a Memory issue problem? only have 4 GB here.
Old 02-01-12, 09:18 AM   #6
fromhell
Lieutenant

i dont use sub exaust mod, but am using mtns full version with oh2, seems ok.
still get the odd ctd, dont know why?
i have 24gbs ddr3 1600hz ram, so not a ram issue.
hex core 3.2ghz i7 processor.
i dont know, have tried lots of different mod loadouts, but odd ctd still happens.
wish some kind person would intergrate properly oh2 and mtns, so rule out that issue.
Old 02-01-12, 09:23 AM   #7
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromhell View Post
i dont use sub exaust mod, but am using mtns full version with oh2, seems ok.
still get the odd ctd, dont know why?
i have 24gbs ddr3 1600hz ram, so not a ram issue.
hex core 3.2ghz i7 processor.
i dont know, have tried lots of different mod loadouts, but odd ctd still happens.
wish some kind person would intergrate properly oh2 and mtns, so rule out that issue.
Have you tried with light version of mnts?? . Because when full "doesn´t want" to work for me, light does. And my system is quite worse than yours.
Old 02-01-12, 09:38 AM   #8
fromhell
Lieutenant

i'll give it a go, thanks mate.
Old 02-01-12, 11:56 AM   #9
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 2

Now think I also, it would have been better to start a thread here. Previously, it was my opinion that issues reported in my thread in the German forum. Maybe also in your native language, because I need to translate it then anyway. My English is not so good.

Unfortunately this would dropped the exchanging of experiences with each other. Just when problems and also solutions coming from so many directions, as I just see. Also it nearly always result that we discuss it in the OHII-thread.

- Thanks Pedro -
uekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 12:11 PM   #10
pedrobas
Seasoned Skipper

Thanks to you for this great addon for SH5, it so boring to see always the same grey ships out there

Let´s see if between all of us can make this to run smooth in a mod´s soup.

Old 02-01-12, 02:21 PM   #11
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrobas View Post
...it so boring to see always the same grey ships out there ...
That´s true!
Quote:
I solved it removing the \data\Library\cameras.cam from the mnts mod and now it works.
It´s ok, because "cameras.cam" was not important for mtns. I only increased the outside view´s "MaxZoom" from 10 to 400. It had bothered me that for example ships from very near proximity, still appear relatively small.
Quote:
SOAN doesn´t recognice a lot of ships and got an error from TDW python scripts saying "bla, bla...error"
Maybe a reason:

Config for stock-ships:
Quote:
[Unit]
ClassName=AGCC2Appalachian
3DModelFileName=data/Sea/NAGC_C2Appalachian/NAGC_C2Appalachian
UnitType=109
MaxSpeed=12
Length=142.11
Width=20.99
Mast=37.54
Draft=7.30
Displacement=7600
DisplacementVariation=5
RenownAwarded=230
CrewComplement=30
SurvivalRate=80
SurvivalPercentage=60
RecManualCategory=Freighter
BowShape=Raked
Superstructure=Composite
Islands=1

;********* THE END **********
The red entrys I haven´t fill in for mtns-units. They´re needed for the ship´s filter. The "stock "-SOAN (mean without Reaper7´s addon) had it not needed, but the ship´s filter of course not work. I would like very pleased if that finds someone to fill out this lines.

Also other help would be very welcome!

Last edited by uekel; 02-01-12 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-01-12, 03:06 PM   #12
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

IIRC the red entries are not needed (I coded it so they can be used if found). They are nice to have but will not prevent SOAN from displaying the ships. There's another problem somewhere in the files...
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 03:22 PM   #13
uekel
Seasoned Skipper

Hi TDW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
IIRC the red entries are not needed (I coded it so they can be used if found). They are nice to have but will not prevent SOAN from displaying the ships. There's another problem somewhere in the files...
I think it only occur with reaper7´s addon, because without it (SOAN-pure) I never noticed it.

Another reason can be:

Example for an "early" cfg-file:
Quote:
[Unit]
ClassName=LTgBoat
UnitType=104
MaxSpeed=15
Length=63
Width=12
Mast=21.5
Draft=4.50
Displacement=1100
RenownAwarded=30
RecManualCategory=Other

[2DCompartments]
UnitPos=130,10,253,18
NbOfComp=1
Name1=Keel
Area1=194,6,125,11
Here the red lines are "old stuff". I suggest, I clean up there, fill in a END line and we would see.
Old 02-01-12, 03:42 PM   #14
Maki4444
Sparky

Downloads: 334

Hey people, some more input from me. The game is working fine, BUT now I have tried to refit in Brest, no way I can enter Brest it's all because of the time compression, even at 32 the game crashes "SH5 is not fuctioning" I have unloaded so many mods, installed the light version......nothing helps. Tried to enter Lorient, same crash....

Edit - managed to get into Lorient on the bridge with 16x time compression, can't get close to Brest

for this new thread

Last edited by Maki4444; 02-01-12 at 04:08 PM.
Maki4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 04:11 PM   #15
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maki4444 View Post
Hey people, some more input from me. The game is working fine, BUT now I have tried to refit in Brest, no way I can enter Brest it's all because of the time compression, even at 32 the game crashes "SH5 is not fuctioning" I have unloaded so many mods, installed the light version......nothing helps. Tried to enter Lorient, same crash....

for this new thread
Hi Maki,

This could be just bad timming.
If these harbours have just spawned a large convey (spawn gens are right in beside the port) - then this may overload your PC (a lot of things in a high mem usage area i.e piers and buildings)

Try loading a save game and waiting out side the ahrbour (30km) for a day or two and see if a large convoy exits.
Then try a enter port.

If this is the case - it may be possible to move all the port spawn gens to outside the memory hungry area of the harbours.

This would futher help to reduce mem usage