SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-25-12, 08:07 PM   #766
misha1967
Commander

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
Hi Misha

[...]

When you first start a new campaign or progress to the next one - all of these gens will send their ships on the same first day - so for the first week there will be many more ships than normal until they settle into their actual schedules.

Other type of spawning can be set for random delays in the spawning to stop this sudden rush of traffic - but I have yet to fin a way to do this with the gens.

So to answer your question - no, you are just being unlucky

Be more aggressive
Thanks, Trevally, now it all makes perfect sense! An initial "rush" of traffice due to spawn points all launching at the same time, followed by a more "realistic" traffic pattern. Got it!

As to your orders, Sir: Sir, yes Sir!
Old 02-28-12, 08:31 PM   #767
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hi Trevally,

Playing OHII, I notice that while surfaced, I'm detecting contacts as if I'm submerged and using sonar. I don't recall this being there in the stock campaign. Is it intended that way? It's just the beginning of the campaign, and the crew are all green without any ability upgrades, so I thought it was unusual .

FYI: I noticed that there is a spelling mistake that needs to be corrected for "Baltic Operations Area" on the map at 55N 14E. The "t" appears to be missing in "Baltic". It actually conjures up something funny, but I better not say .

Cheers!
Old 02-29-12, 04:06 AM   #768
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Hi Trevally,

Playing OHII, I notice that while surfaced, I'm detecting contacts as if I'm submerged and using sonar. I don't recall this being there in the stock campaign. Is it intended that way? It's just the beginning of the campaign, and the crew are all green without any ability upgrades, so I thought it was unusual .
Hi 7Infanterie19
This is a common problem. There is one late war hydro set that does give you this, but for the most part it is a bug.

If you use TDWs Mods - you can add the "No hydro on surface" add on to fix

Quote:
FYI: I noticed that there is a spelling mistake that needs to be corrected for "Baltic Operations Area" on the map at 55N 14E. The "t" appears to be missing in "Baltic". It actually conjures up something funny, but I better not say .

Cheers!
I am the worlds worst at spelling I will fix this
Old 02-29-12, 05:42 PM   #769
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Hi 7Infanterie19
This is a common problem. There is one late war hydro set that does give you this, but for the most part it is a bug.

If you use TDWs Mods - you can add the "No hydro on surface" add on to fix
I added it and it works as you said it would! .

I also found this TDW thread - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433, and tried this method of patching the v1.2 version of SH5.exe as well using his SH5 EXE Patcher - not the hex change - but that didn't work. I normally use the 4 GB patched exe, and I read that you have to patch to an unpatched exe, so I'd rather not use SH5 EXE Patcher in this case. I'll still keep sober's old realistic hydro operator mod active as well.

Trevally, the no hydro mod uses the uboatsensors.sim, which overwrites the other uboatsensors.sim files from FX and NewUI. I read that the no hydro should go after IRAI and before NewUI, but if I do that, then I still detect ships while surfaced, so I have to have it activated after the other ones in order for it to work. Does the game take data from each of the uboatsensors.sim files or only the last one activated? From what I see, it's the latter, and if that is the case, then I'll probably be losing out on the benefits of what is in the other uboatsensors.sim files, no?

Quote:
I am the worlds worst at spelling I will fix this
That's why it's good to have friends
Old 03-02-12, 03:22 PM   #770
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Trevally, the no hydro mod uses the uboatsensors.sim, which overwrites the other uboatsensors.sim files from FX and NewUI. I read that the no hydro should go after IRAI and before NewUI, but if I do that, then I still detect ships while surfaced, so I have to have it activated after the other ones in order for it to work. Does the game take data from each of the uboatsensors.sim files or only the last one activated? From what I see, it's the latter, and if that is the case, then I'll probably be losing out on the benefits of what is in the other uboatsensors.sim files, no?
I think this is how it works

When TDW makes his mods - he makes them work with each other.
So if there is a change in one file with UI, he will include any info that IRAI will need if it uses the same file.
So install TDWs mods by date. If UI is the newest - it goes last.
This is also true of the add-on mods. IRAI and UI both have the no hydro on surface fix.
So if UI is newest - use the add-on from the UI and istall it after UI
Old 03-02-12, 06:18 PM   #771
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Thanks Trevally!

The uboatsensors.sim file from NewUis is newer, but as mentioned earlier, if I put the no hydro mod from IRAI first, then it's still as if I have sonar while surfaced. Right now, I have no hydro after NewUis in order to get it working, so I'm not sure what's missing between those files.

Another thing I wanted to note was that I bumped into a convoy that had a good five troop transports in it. When I identified them, they came up as "AOTDMadMax/Stormfly/SteelViking Big Modern Passengership". At first, I thought it was a mistake, then I thought it might be an easter egg, so I did a search and found a reference to the Imported Ship Pack. It looks like that is what they intended. For me, with all due respect, that naming convention was an immersion killer. Those ships did help me get the tonnage I needed, though.
Old 03-02-12, 06:37 PM   #772
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Thanks Trevally!

The uboatsensors.sim file from NewUis is newer, but as mentioned earlier, if I put the no hydro mod from IRAI first, then it's still as if I have sonar while surfaced. Right now, I have no hydro after NewUis in order to get it working, so I'm not sure what's missing between those files.

Another thing I wanted to note was that I bumped into a convoy that had a good five troop transports in it. When I identified them, they came up as "AOTDMadMax/Stormfly/SteelViking Big Modern Passengership". At first, I thought it was a mistake, then I thought it might be an easter egg, so I did a search and found a reference to the Imported Ship Pack. It looks like that is what they intended. For me, with all due respect, that naming convention was an immersion killer. Those ships did help me get the tonnage I needed, though.
iam shure the name is a leftover from testing, we had many problems with it

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-12, 06:44 PM   #773
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
iam shure the name is a leftover from testing, we had many problems with it
Problems such as .. I dunno .. a name that is so long that by the time we finish reading it, it has already sailed past us? heeeheee!

I'm wondering if I'm yet to encounter the AOTDMadMax/Stormfly/SteelViking Super Fast Fighter Plane, or maybe the AOTDMadMax/Stormfly/SteelViking Ominous Battleship!

Kidding aside, thanks for letting me know the reason, Stormy.
Old 03-05-12, 10:14 AM   #774
Strat40
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 38

Works great. Thank you!
Strat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 12:41 PM   #775
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strat40 View Post
Works great. Thank you!
Thanks Strat40 and welcome to subsim
Old 03-05-12, 01:26 PM   #776
ReLax
Watch

Downloads: 54

Hello guy's
I've got a little question about this mod.
I use this Mod with Magnum Opus and the Multiple Overlay Mod from TheDarkWraith?
So the mod seems fine but I got one question.
Is it possiple to reaktivate the Torpedo Officer with this Dialogue to aim the Torpedo's?
I don't like to use the TDC, so I loved the function where i've only have to enter some values to my Torpedoofficer and he makes a target solution.

Best regards and keep up the brilliant work
ReLax
ReLax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 08:35 PM   #777
Sone7
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 159

At first I would like to thank You all for the great work on SH5, it wouldn't be what it is without fantastic community OpenHorizons seems to be a superb mod, but unfortunately I cannot test it and see for myself...

I encounter CTD every time I try to start a new campaign other than CoastalWaters or FinalYears, just after the loading screen (goes black for a second, as usual, then crashes).

My mod soup:
Accurate German Flags
Magnum_Opus_0_0_1_PATCHED_2
MightyFine Crew Mod 1.2.1 Alt w beards
MCCD_1.04_MFCM_1.2.1_compatible
SOUND__Capthelms_Audio + DBSM_music + Venatore_SFX&radio + Environment_Sounds

Real Environment - Revision_3
SteelViking's Interior Mod V1.2_PATCHED-1.2.2
Naights Submaine Textures v1.2 (PUV)
Dark_Interior_V1_EDITEDforENVmod
Enhanced FunelSmoke1.2_by HanSolo78

Critical hits v 1.2_UPDATED-torpedos
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbances_v2_0_SH5
FX_Update_0_0_19_ByTheDarkWraith
NewUIs_TDC_6_9_0_ByTheDarkWraith_UPDATED-reaper7nv-jimimadrids-manosscopes169
IRAI_0_0_30_ByTheDarkWraith_UPDATED-hydro-radar
TDW_No_Color_Dashed_Contact_Line + No_Colors
U-boat Historical Specifications 1.7 for TDW Mods
IO_StrategicMap_4_6_for_TDWv690_UPDATED-normalpencil
Chart Colour Scheme 2
AirTorpedoes
SUB_hyd_fix_SH5
SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.1
Stormys DBSM SH5 v1.3 Basemod_UPDATED-nomagicskills-addcrewsoundsbeta6
Officers skin by Naights
A Fistful of Emblems v1.51_UPDATED-weathered
TheDarkWraith SH5 Patcher
SCRIPTS - trevally, avm, krauter
EQuaTool 01.01 by AvM - double set - Large plus Flat Style
NOZAURIO'S SKIN (Standar No Emblem) v-1.0.0
OPEN HORIZONS II_full v1.7_PATCH1

And setup:
i7 CPU, 4GBs RAM, R5850, Win7 Pro 64bit

Any idea what's the problem here? I've already spent many hours on this; sorry if it was already adressed, I just couldn't find any info.
Thanks in advance!

Sone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 12:04 AM   #778
blkdimnd
Planesman

Downloads: 492
Default Coastal Waters: Breaking the Fortress September 14, 1939

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I am on my way to the eastern british coastal campaign waters . Can i go and do the break the fortress mission without going back to base and accepting the mission in the briefing room ? Will it count ? When do i have to go back to the briefing room again ?
Quote:
You do not need to go back to brief room - just go to Scapa and sink a BB - it will count
I'm having some issues with Coastal Waters: Breaking the Fortress.
September 14, 1939

I get CTD as soon as I get within 80-85km of Scapa. I have tried it 6 times.
Do I need to head back and accept the mission. Accoring to your previous posts, I shouldn't need to.

I can provide a Dbgview if needed.
Have a look in my signature for my mod list.

Thanks.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

AB1TA
blkdimnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 12:54 AM   #779
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdimnd View Post
I'm having some issues with Coastal Waters: Breaking the Fortress.
September 14, 1939

I get CTD as soon as I get within 80-85km of Scapa. I have tried it 6 times.
Do I need to head back and accept the mission. Accoring to your previous posts, I shouldn't need to.

I can provide a Dbgview if needed.
Have a look in my signature for my mod list.

Thanks.
I think its you computer specs TBH . The recommended CPU for the vanilla game is 3Ghz . However try this .
Turn your dynamic shadows off in the ingame graphics option .
Install antilag
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=2871
(dont use the mod enabler) just put it in your silent hunter 5 folder . Apply these settings.

[config]
RenderAheadLimit=5
FPSlimit=38
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 01:04 AM   #780
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
The ctds with the planes are not when they attack any particular ship.
It is just too much going on.

I tested with all SH5 ships removed and just had zonbies ships is harbour. 8 planes attacked this time - it was a fine sight 4 ships sunk and 3 planes down. I had left the DDs in game and they were firing to kill the planes. Each ctd happened with an explostion, either plane blowing up or boat being hit.

When the harbour was fully loaded = ctd a lot faster.
So I stil think this is a system mem issue even for 64bit users.

To fix - I stopped the air attacks on the harbours

it seams that something is wrong or very performance hungry with this explosions, especially planes... sometimes i see a lag of 2-3 seconds while a plane explode. It would be very nice if TDW could overhaul the explosions for a more stable and lag free game for most of us.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, campaign, graf zeppelin, harbour, new bases, new ships, ohii