SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-07-14, 01:45 AM   #1
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Metal Gear Solid V

Metal Gear Solid V.... I cannot wait. Has anybody else been following this besides me??

I do not mean to sound like a fanboy, but for a video game (to me), I am going to go out on a limb and say the whole series has one of the best told stories, and one of the most well told ones I have ever seen. And they were all fantastic games in their own right. I trust that whatever Kojima does with this one, that its going to have its own piece in the history of MGS.

The ONLY thing, I really disagree with is Hideo replacing Hayter with Kiefer Sutherland.... He said he wanted to reinvent MGS with this in a way and that was one way of doing it.. but to me that just seems.. wrong.

To me, the true voice of Snake is ALWAYS going to be David Hayter. That raspy voice is just perfect for the character. And by now he is SO connected to the series and I am sure with the fans (in the sense that HE is Snakes voice) that it just seems like the wrong move.

Latest news on MGS V can be found here,

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ntom-pain.aspx

I really enjoyed the interview though, I like the way Kojima's persona seems to come off. I mean in the sense the way he treats the game, like it is a work of art. But how he is open and aware of everything else that is going on (Talking about wanting to play the newest AC3 and GTAV)

I believe Ground Zeros (The prologue) comes out the 18th of March. I am going to be getting that. The earliest for The Phantom Pain is late 2014.

Thoughts??
Old 03-10-14, 09:50 AM   #2
Radioshow
Bosun

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

I am an old time MGS fan and I got my son into it and it his favourite francise We have all of the games, pretty much every version as well.

We'll be getting it for both PS3/4 as he already has it pre-ordered for PS4.

Can't wait!
Radioshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:48 PM   #3
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioshow View Post
I am an old time MGS fan and I got my son into it and it his favourite francise We have all of the games, pretty much every version as well.

We'll be getting it for both PS3/4 as he already has it pre-ordered for PS4.

Can't wait!
I am as well. I never played the orignal Metal Gears but I started with MGS and just cannot wait. Like I said, Hideo Kojima is just one of those guys that takes care of his franchise, he loves it like it was his own baby, he nurtures it, and continues to take care of it. I love that kind of attention. And I mean the title s just speak for themselves. Pretty consistently all of the MGS's are SOLID games, and solid is underselling it. 2 was my least favorite, but 1, 3 and 4 are masterpieces in my opinion.
Old 03-10-14, 10:27 PM   #4
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

it finally has the look and gameplay down right. more realism, better ai, etc.

though the swimsuit model/prostitot kinda ruin the atmosphere. but that's a requisite in japanese games, so it's a cultural exception i can live with.

if i comes to pc, i'll buy it on a steam sale.
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 10:25 AM   #5
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachanscom View Post
it finally has the look and gameplay down right. more realism, better ai, etc.

though the swimsuit model/prostitot kinda ruin the atmosphere. but that's a requisite in japanese games, so it's a cultural exception i can live with.

if i comes to pc, i'll buy it on a steam sale.
Probably not going to be a PC game. The MGS series never was I dont believe.

And as far as the gameplay and look, its always had it in my opinion. 4 Definately had the best mechanics and everyhting but all the others were great in their own right. Also unique in regards to the Stealth Action genre.
Old 03-11-14, 02:17 PM   #6
zachanscom
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 2

mgs4 had retarded character proportions
zachanscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 10:00 PM   #7
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachanscom View Post
mgs4 had retarded character proportions
Well all of them have retarded proportions if you consider the Chest area for females. But I mean, they aren't soo huge in general that its unbelieveable. I think they do a great job of mixing the Fantasy with the reaslistic aspect.
Old 03-11-14, 10:40 PM   #8
Red October1984
Airplane Nerd

Downloads: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNSRCaseySmith View Post
To me, the true voice of Snake is ALWAYS going to be David Hayter. That raspy voice is just perfect for the character. And by now he is SO connected to the series and I am sure with the fans (in the sense that HE is Snakes voice) that it just seems like the wrong move.
Now I know Splinter Cell is a sore subject with you MGS people....but this is one thing we can find common ground on.

Sam Fisher....will always and forever be....Michael Ironside. That voice is perfect for the character. The new guy tries...but it's not the same...and it feels wrong.

I understand your frustruation.

NOW! Onto the main question...

Are the XB360 versions (as far as quality) on par with the PS versions?

It's not likely that I'll get a PS just to play these...it's already not likely that I'll get a PS at all.

I figured I might as well quit ragging on the MGS guys and actually try the game out at some point so I know just how inferior the series is.
Old 03-13-14, 08:31 PM   #9
reignofdeath
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Actually there is video somewhere of them showing the PS3 vs PS4 versions and XB1 v XB360 versions as well as all of them alongside eachother.
they look pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
Now I know Splinter Cell is a sore subject with you MGS people....but this is one thing we can find common ground on.

Sam Fisher....will always and forever be....Michael Ironside. That voice is perfect for the character. The new guy tries...but it's not the same...and it feels wrong.

I understand your frustruation.

NOW! Onto the main question...

Are the XB360 versions (as far as quality) on par with the PS versions?

It's not likely that I'll get a PS just to play these...it's already not likely that I'll get a PS at all.

I figured I might as well quit ragging on the MGS guys and actually try the game out at some point so I know just how inferior the series is.