Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-23, 08:14 PM   #10426
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Once again this red line has been pushed forward.

According to this video clip-Ukraine will get shells with depleted uranium.
Read here in this thread some month ago- Where someone mention this. Saying something with-Russia would interpreter this as we use dirty bombs against them.

Quote:
Russian President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that Moscow would "respond accordingly" if Britain gives Ukraine military supplies, including armor-piercing ammunition containing depleted uranium.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/putin-d...ear-component/

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 03-22-23, 06:24 AM   #10427
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

And this is how the war criminal celebrates what he perceives to have been a successful visit.

Quote:
Russian drones swarm Kyiv in display of force as Xi leaves Moscow
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...ea8ad5be&ei=21

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 03-22-23, 06:28 AM   #10428
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Pretty obvious where Xi Jinping sees matters.....West beware!

Quote:
China and Russia have sent a chilling message to the West as President Xi Jinping told his "dear friend" Vladimir Putin that a "change was coming" that hasn't happened in 100 years. The two leaders, who have both ruled their countries unchalleged for decades, toasted one another's health after talks concluded in Moscow on Tuesday.

President Xi Jinping, 69, told his 70-year-old counterpart: "Change is coming that hasn't happened in 100 years. And we are driving this change together."

He addressed Putin as a "dear friend" and told him to "please, take" as the pair exchanged pleasantries before parting ways at the end of a meeting that is likely to sound alarm bells in the West.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...321e1f16&ei=21

Old 03-22-23, 09:15 AM   #10429
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-22-23, 11:53 AM   #10430
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

What is changing between China and Russia is explained by Nemetsov who was Putin’s political adversary up until Putin murdered him.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online  
Old 03-22-23, 12:02 PM   #10431
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Once again this red line has been pushed forward.

According to this video clip-Ukraine will get shells with depleted uranium.
Read here in this thread some month ago- Where someone mention this. Saying something with-Russia would interpreter this as we use dirty bombs against them.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/putin-d...ear-component/

Markus
Actually according to one study Depleted Uranium is less toxic and more environmentally friendly than old fashion lead ammo.

Depleted uranium instead of lead in munitions: the lesser evil

Sergei V Jargin 1
Affiliations expand
PMID: 24594921 DOI: 10.1088/0952-4746/34/1/249

Abstract

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24594921/

Quote:
Uranium has many similarities to lead in its exposure mechanisms, metabolism and target organs. However, lead is more toxic, which is reflected in the threshold limit values. The main potential hazard associated with depleted uranium is inhalation of the aerosols created when a projectile hits an armoured target. A person can be exposed to lead in similar ways. Accidental dangerous exposures can result from contact with both substances. Encountering uranium fragments is of minor significance because of the low penetration depth of alpha particles emitted by uranium: they are unable to penetrate even the superficial keratin layer of human skin. An additional cancer risk attributable to the uranium exposure might be significant only in case of prolonged contact of the contaminant with susceptible tissues. Lead intoxication can be observed in the wounded, in workers manufacturing munitions etc; moreover, lead has been documented to have a negative impact on the intellectual function of children at very low blood concentrations. It is concluded on the basis of the literature overview that replacement of lead by depleted uranium in munitions would be environmentally beneficial or largely insignificant because both lead and uranium are present in the environment.

Rockstar is online  
Old 03-22-23, 01:46 PM   #10432
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

This is why China will not help Russia.

‘Xi Jinping invited the leaders of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan in May for the "first China-Central Asia Summit" - AFP

Much to the dismay of Putin and his sympathizers I’m sure.

Rockstar is online  
Old 03-22-23, 02:23 PM   #10433
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 03-22-23, 02:32 PM   #10434
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Swedish Parliament voted for country’s accession to NATO

Deputies of the Riksdag (Parliament of Sweden) on Wednesday voted for the country’s accession to NATO.

269 parliamentarians voted "for", 37 voted "against", 43 deputies did not vote.

The country's government received the "green light" from the Riksdag for Sweden to join NATO, when all member states of the alliance ratify Sweden's application.

At the same time, the situation with Sweden's accession to NATO is complicated by the position of Turkey, which continues to obstruct this step by Stockholm, justifying its position by the fact that Sweden does not take the necessary measures against groups that are recognized as illegal in Turkey.

Old 03-22-23, 03:49 PM   #10435
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Actually according to one study Depleted Uranium is less toxic and more environmentally friendly than old fashion lead ammo.
Depleted uranium instead of lead in munitions: the lesser evil
Sergei V Jargin 1
Affiliations expand
PMID: 24594921 DOI: 10.1088/0952-4746/34/1/249
Abstract

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24594921/
I wrote a lengthy article on DU some decades ago. Believe me, this is not the stuff you want to use. Especially not on your own territory.
Bad enough in former Yugoslavia, let's not discuss Iraq or Afghanistan.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 03-22-23, 04:18 PM   #10436
Catfish

Old 03-22-23, 04:22 PM   #10437
Catfish

Old 03-22-23, 09:05 PM   #10438
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
China provides the lion's share of critical ressources and rare earths needed in Europe. There is a reason why rare earths are called rare earths. We could damage them with sanctions, but we would also damage ourselves there, and maybe even more than with sanctions on gas and oil for Russia. Note that the Russian nuclear industry is practically not being sanctioned at all! France sends it nculear rods to Russia for refurbishing (the Russians can do that better than anyone else, simply a fact), thats why, and the Eastern European nuclear plants until today get their rods for Rosatom. Now, with all these jaw-dropping hihg flying plans of the EU for energy transfiguration and green deals and the need to buy solar panels and windmill parts from china since the damn Germans nuked their global leadership in solar panels ten years ago and without need, considering all these many plans that are so unimaginably costly and will need more ressources than even are available on the market , such a trade war with China will be costly. For China - and at least as much if not even more so for Europe.

I would not rule out that it would damage us even more than the fallout from our sanctions against Russia. In fatc I think that is even likely the case.

And then consider that we are already seriously hurt, economically, and financially. Europe staggers. Our situation is not half as lovely as they try to make us believe. The lie to us.

The Americans have it easier. But get lied to as well. But still, they have it easier.
Latin America Latin America has 'reserves of rare earth and 'technological metals' estimated to amount to 50 million tons. This is around 40% of the world total. In Bolivia alone, resources (potential reserves) of lithium, used in making batteries and electric cars, may be as much as 21 million tons." The problem is not so much the minerals but that China has the majority of mining facilities in operation. The US has lots of reserves, but only one mine in the entire nation and we can't process. There is a bill to make us self reliant, but last I heard it was still stuck in senate committee over a bunch of climate change issues. We have the means, just not the will.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Old 03-22-23, 09:18 PM   #10439
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead
The US has lots of reserves, but only one mine in the entire nation and we can't process.
We're working on that problem https://www.nationaldefensemagazine....h-supply-chain
Quote:
The Defense Department awarded MP Materials a $35 million contract in February 2022 to build a facility specifically designed to process heavy rare earth elements at the Mountain Pass mine. Sloustcher said the heavy rare earths will be refined in a different building, adding that the project is just getting started.

To fully domesticate the magnet supply chain, MP Materials also began construction on the United States’ first rare earth magnetics factory in April 2022. Located in Fort Worth, Texas, the facility will be able to annually produce around 1,000 tons of neodymium-iron-boron magnets from rare earth elements mined and refined at the Mountain Pass facilities, according to the company.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online  
Old 03-23-23, 07:26 AM   #10440
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Are we about to witness the ultimate April Fools joke?

Quote:
Western leaders have been told they must act now to stop Russia's "absurd" accession to the presidency of the United Nations Security Council next month. And Oleksandra Matviichuk, an award-winning Ukrainian human rights lawyer, has warned Vladimir Putin will use the role to stymie the international community, a year after he ordered his full-scale invasion of her country.

"Russia will preside over the UN Security Council this April.

"This means that Russia, which was recognised as the state sponsor of terrorism and whose president the ICC issued arrest warrants against, will set agendas, open debates, limit speaking times for representatives at the most important security council."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...e17516eb&ei=11

Closed Thread