SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-28-10, 12:47 PM   #1
SeasickSteve
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default Navmap & Mod Download Questions

Navmap:-
When the hydrophone operator is in full swing singing out the bearings of merchants or DDs, is there a way to stop the bearing lines cluttering up the map? I've tried the eraser on the toolbar but it doesn't do anything to the bearing lines.

Also, to help with manual plotting, is there a download for a parallel ruler to add to the map tools?

Mod Downloads:-
I've downloaded a few mods including Lifeboats & Debris v4. I've dragged and dropped L&D into the Mods folder in SH3. However, when I open JSGME, they are not there and don't appear for me to activate.

Another download was SH3Patrol, when I tried to run this a message said to put it in the SH3/data/cfg folder, which is where I've put it - but how do I know it's working?!!

The final one currently in my download folder is: milk_en.rar any help please on where this one needs to be?

So many questions.......

Thanks
Steve.
SeasickSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-10, 02:04 PM   #2
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 300
Uploads: 0

The lines of the hydrophone are completely different from the other map tools. They are just drawn as many sounds as are detected. You can't do anything about them. Other than switching it off completely in the realism option.

Parallel ruler: Use the radius of the circle tool. Drag around with the center point.

If a mod does not appear to be active then it may be hidden in a deeper folder level in the Mods folder. As a result you should find an extra folder in the game's base folder that doesn't belong there.

Last edited by Pisces; 11-28-10 at 02:35 PM.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote