Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-04-20, 04:50 PM   #5641
skidman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
A one party dictatorship that calls itself the Chinese Communist Party.
Well yes. It is a label, a sentimental statement, a piece of the national folklore nobody in modern China except the +80 generation cares about. Some use the label "Ugly American". Now, does that mean anything?

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.” (Douglas Adams)
skidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 06:45 PM   #5642
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidman View Post
Well yes. It is a label, a sentimental statement, a piece of the national folklore nobody in modern China except the +80 generation cares about. Some use the label "Ugly American". Now, does that mean anything?

I use the term ironically. You can't say that about the CCP and I figure that the Uighurs, Tibetians or most of the people in Hong Kong or those poor people run over by tanks in Tienanmen Square or would agree with me. "Modern China" my butt. They are the same vicious murderers that sent have sent millions to their deaths and continue to do so today.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 06:54 AM   #5643
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 07:15 AM   #5644
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control

An agency of the European Union

As of 05 December 2020,

13 839 398 cases have been reported in the EU/EEA and the UK and rising.

344 007 deaths have been reported in the EU/EEA and the UK an increase of 4598 deaths since yesterday, another world record.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 07:49 AM   #5645
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

How is the above a world record when the current number of deaths in North America are reported as being 424 172?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Old 12-05-20, 08:55 AM   #5646
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Lets add all North and South American numbers together to make it look even worse!

Anyhow, in Germany it takes revenge ow that politicians wasted time uselessly in summer and had "good hopes", and now still shied away in Novembre from having national unified regulations and measurements, instead Germany is a rag carpet of individual local do's and dont's.

Stupid. Irresponsible.

Not to mention my usual argument that the virus would not bite as hard as it does if we would have spend the past onths to boost nutrition standards in hospitals, nursing homes, schools, etc etc. Vit-D, A, C, Zinc, Magnesium, Omega 3, Iodine, Selenium - you know the song by now, don't you. Just do not believe the valuesfor recommended nutrition doses the WHO wants you to believe in, they are physical assault, that low they are - usually by many factors. Big Pharma says Thank you for the profits generation. Patients have no reason to be thankful, but to sue for getting sick from these nutrition advices.
Old 12-05-20, 09:21 AM   #5647
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Since this thread started it's been littered almost hourly with COVID statistics on infections and the number of dead. From its inception these numbers have been gathered and grouped purely by man made political boundaries. Coupled with the same convenient, stupid and pointed comments about who has the world's record. However, I'm using a European source developed by the European Union that's has tracked statistic within its political boundaries and has (at the moment) shown to have the most deaths and recorded daily increases in the number of deaths.

Makes no never mind too me if we want to forsake borders and switch to geographical continental land mass now Do they have an Indo-European COVID statistic?

Old 12-05-20, 09:37 AM   #5648
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Well, in response to the above and regarding my personal input regarding the subject matter, I have consistently covered the entire world and none more so than the UK.

On the other hand I would suggest it is you who has focussed almost entirely on the UK and Europe and repeatedly made reference to 'world records' but whether you agree or otherwise is of no concern to me and certainly shouldn't impinge on the tone or focus of this thread.

Meanwhile.....

Old 12-05-20, 10:13 AM   #5649
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia is starting its Covid-19 vaccination programme, with clinics in the capital Moscow inoculating those most at risk from the virus.

Its own vaccine Sputnik V, which was registered in August, is being used.

Developers say it is 95% effective and causes no major side effects, but it is still undergoing mass testing.

Thousands of people have already registered to get the first of two jabs over the weekend, but it is unclear how much Russia can manufacture.

Producers are only expected to make two million doses of the vaccine by the end of the year.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55198166

Old 12-05-20, 10:29 AM   #5650
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Marin County and much of California is entering a lockdown period in the next few days covering the holidays. Marin starts Tuesday.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 10:56 AM   #5651
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Marin County and much of California is entering a lockdown period in the next few days covering the holidays. Marin starts Tuesday.
Yeah, I watched it on UK news earlier then looked at the LA Times
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...shutdown-nears

USA TODAY NEWS paints an even bleaker picture.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/h...me/3818218001/

The figures are really worrying but hopefully the imminent introduction of a vaccine will help alleviate the situation.

Old 12-05-20, 11:00 AM   #5652
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Well, in response to the above and regarding my personal input regarding the subject matter, I have consistently covered the entire world and none more so than the UK.

On the other hand I would suggest it is you who has focussed almost entirely on the UK and Europe and repeatedly made reference to 'world records' but whether you agree or otherwise is of no concern to me and certainly shouldn't impinge on the tone or focus of this thread.

Meanwhile.....

Yes, but has anyone got their panties in a wad and accused you of just trying to make people feel bad or somehow think you're defending a politician because of statistics? I can go through this thread and find plenty of posts with 'world records'. Its a statistic that has been pointed out and commented on here on more than one occasion.

The European Union statistics is solely a European source that never seems to be acknowledged. Maybe people dont like it because its an unwanted reminder, something to do with their world view maybe? I don't know if its denial or somehow people are offended by it. But it has absolutely nothing to do with making people feel bad, or defending a politician. I'm simply pointing out how close the color of the kettle is to the pot. It only gets posted by me because nobody else here will.

Old 12-05-20, 11:04 AM   #5653
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Here was me thinking I'd posted loads of facts and figures regarding the UK and Europe

Old 12-05-20, 08:05 PM   #5654
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Hey, I just cut and paste official government statistics from an official government agency of the European Union and even provided a link.

Just think of me as the messenger of pertinent information. I cant help it people got their panties in a wad because it didn't jive with their world view.

Old 12-05-20, 09:49 PM   #5655
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I find it amazing that there are people who have holed up at home ever since this thing hit and get so freaked out when they are forced to venture out into the world. As an "essential worker" I have continued somewhat normally working throughout, in several states, at schools, retirement homes, hospitals, office and apartment buildings, you name it. My life has been pretty much unchanged except for having to wear those damned masks.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan