SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-02-13, 07:34 AM   #1
Hardigen
Sparky

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0
Default Files Glitch !

A small problem as arisen with JSGME , I have Win s 7 and the mods are not being picked up by the game although JSGME has them on the installed side of the box (right) , could it be a windows 7 complaint or does the problem lie elsewhere . Running JSGME as administrator , any help from you guys would be welcome , thanks Captains ! H
Hardigen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 09:10 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Is JSGME installed inside SH4? Is the MODS folder inside the main SH4 folder? If not, then you need to move it there.
Old 05-02-13, 07:53 PM   #3
fireftr18
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77

What is your path to sh4. For the mods to work, sh4 can't be under the "program files" directory. Most of us just install sh4 in its own directory under in the C drive.
Old 05-02-13, 09:02 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireftr18 View Post
What is your path to sh4. For the mods to work, sh4 can't be under the "program files" directory. Most of us just install sh4 in its own directory under in the C drive.
this was ONLY true about VISTA and no other operating system has this problem

the game should be allowed to install normally in the programs directory
Old 05-03-13, 03:20 PM   #5
Hardigen
Sparky

The SH4 files are = SH4-Data-cfg. when I moved JSGME into the game it automaticly went into the cfg file also the Mods too! when I initiated the mods file. So its possible its in the wrong file . So should it look like this , SH4-Data-Mods +JSGME-cfg ? H
Old 05-03-13, 04:26 PM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardigen View Post
The SH4 files are = SH4-Data-cfg. when I moved JSGME into the game it automaticly went into the cfg file also the Mods too! when I initiated the mods file. So its possible its in the wrong file . So should it look like this , SH4-Data-Mods +JSGME-cfg ? H
first open jsgme and uninstall all mods there, then delete the jsgme files from the cfg folder and start over or just move them to the desktop so you can then move them to the sh4 folder

the normal install procedure is to place the jsgme exe inside of the sh4 folder and open it, it should install itself in that folder and not anywhere else.

if you don't have the exe version then it just has the 4 jsgme files so you would just copy the 4 jsgme files into the sh4 folder
Old 05-03-13, 05:36 PM   #7
Redmane
Torpedoman

Downloads: 20

I also had a problem getting mods to take for awhile using Win7. It seemes that for some reason Windows wouldn't properly copy the files for the mod into the mods folder created by JSGME. I realized this after opening the TMO folder that was inside the mods folder in the game directory and found it was empty! I copied and pasted the files from the folder I'd unzipped them to and after that everything worked.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bullet-proof. -V
Redmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-13, 05:25 AM   #8
Hardigen
Sparky

Thx Captains ,I,ll move the Mods + JSGME out of cfg file and start again in the Data file .Am currently comin back from a mission, my base is Pearl but will refit in Midway . Will I have a problem if I install JSGME etc ! while at Midway ?
Old 05-05-13, 09:18 PM   #9
Redmane
Torpedoman

Downloads: 20
Default Well..

You won't have any problem crop up by installing JSGME at any point. The problem will arise if you install it incorrectly. Obviously any changes you make by moding the game won't be good for any current career you may have going. Once you've installed the mods you want to run, start a new career. Some mods can be installed and work successfully when you are in your home port. Others require a whole new career to be started after they are enabled.

With respect to installation of JSGME, it must appear in the root directory of the game. in my Win7 installation this is: Program Files (x86)/Ubisoft/Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific. The easiest way to accomplish this is to place the installer for JSGME into that folder and run it. That way all you have to do is confirm that location as the one where you want the program to go when you run the installation. Once that is done, run JSGME. It will create the mods folder in the same folder as it is installed in. Then all you will have to do is place the mods into the mods folder and run JSGME to enable them. Hope this answers your question.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bullet-proof. -V
Redmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-13, 09:35 AM   #10
Hardigen
Sparky

Default Thanks Redmane

Thanks shipmate,I,ll get that sorted ,will start a new career too! Just started one with 100% realism so it won,t matter starting again ,without you guys who know the ropes regarding computers I,d be at the mercy of the elements so to speak ! thx again and good hunting to you H