Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-20, 03:24 PM   #10111
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Not yet. Or only until the nect election is over.
Trump thinks that democrats prefer voting via ballot, and if he hinders the postal system "they can't have it!"
Brilliant

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Old 08-14-20, 03:44 PM   #10112
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Trump hasn't destroyed the USPS Chicken Little.

Maybe he should follow his predecessor's lead and just weaponize the USPS instead. Ballot postage due $50.00 for extra-special handling.
Old 08-14-20, 03:47 PM   #10113
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Maybe he should follow his predecessor's lead and just weaponize the USPS instead. Ballot postage due $50.00 for extra-special handling.

I'm sure Skybird will be accusing him of that soon!

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online  
Old 08-14-20, 04:10 PM   #10114
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://www.focus.de/politik/ausland..._12321626.html

FOCUS, translated from the German:

The mail is likely to play an unexpectedly large role in the US election due to Corona. Trump wants to withhold necessary funds from the company. He loudly spreads untruths about postal voting. What for? In a television interview, he makes no secret of his plan.

In the US election campaign, the mail is becoming more and more of a bone of contention due to a massive increase in the number of postal voters in the corona pandemic. US President Donald Trump is openly considering withholding the necessary funds from the Post three months before the election to deliver millions and millions of ballot papers on time. As the mail itself confirmed, 500 letter sorting machines are currently being removed and shut down nationwide, around 15 percent of the total stock.

Democrats see this as an attempt by the Republican to keep the turnout low in his favor. In addition, the Republicans endanger the health of citizens by insisting on voting at polling stations amid the pandemic, the allegations.

Trump, in turn, warns, without giving any reason, that postal voting will lead to massive electoral fraud. "It will be the biggest scam in history," he said on Thursday. In states like Virginia, postal ballot papers would be sent to "dead and dogs," he said.

Republicans have traditionally been skeptical of the postal voting instrument, not least because it is mainly used by poor people (who do not have a car or have to work on election day) and students. However, these sections of the population tend to vote democratically. If there were postal votes all over the country, “a Republican would never be elected in this country,” Trump said only in late March. - [So what?, says Skybird Elections only as long as you get the result you want to see? Those who vote unwanted names, beeing excluded from elections? The infamy of his argument is outraging. We have had such kind of voting in the GDR, 40 years long, thank you.]

There is no evidence to support Trump's claim that postal voting would facilitate fraud. Postal voting fraud is extremely rare in the United States. A commission set up by Trump himself to investigate possible fraud in postal voting in the 2016 presidential election found no evidence and disbanded after a few months.

Trump tried to dispel the allegations that he wanted to influence the election with his almost daily attacks on the postal vote. That does not mean "that someone takes your voice away," he said on Thursday evening (local time) in the White House. He wanted the Americans to vote in the November 3rd election, but "that means they'd have to go to a polling station like they always did and vote," Trump said. Despite the coronavirus pandemic, this does not pose a threat, he emphasized. [Murderous gangster, says Skybird].

Most US states are expecting significantly more postal voters because of the pandemic. Many states have made it easier to apply for the election by mail. Some even proactively send election papers to citizens. Suddenly, a company that had hitherto rather stumbled was the focus of the election year: The American Post Office (USPS).

The company is run by a major republican donor and is already struggling with deficits and delays in deliveries. But without the timely delivery of the postal voting documents - the deadlines differ depending on the state - in the worst case, hundreds of thousands or even more ballot papers could go untold.

Trump threatened on Thursday, however, to veto an agreement on a new corona aid package with the Democrats if it should contain billions for the post. “That means that they (the Democrats) cannot get a universal postal vote,” Trump told the conservative broadcaster Fox Business. The Democrats would need this money so that the Post "can take all those billions and millions of ballots". The interview sparked severe criticism - Trump later rowed back a little.

The additional billions for the post were part of the negotiations with the Democrats for another Corona stimulus package. The talks failed at the end of last week, however, and the US Congress said goodbye for the summer break. The post should receive 25 billion US dollars, in addition, 3.5 billion dollars should be used specifically for postal voting.

The corona pandemic is still completely out of control in the United States. Around 50,000 new infections were recently reported daily. Almost 170,000 people died after being infected with the pathogen.

The chairwoman of the House of Representatives, the Democrat Nancy Pelosi, said this week that the smooth functioning of the post office was "crucial to protect the life of our democracy", especially because of the corona pandemic.

The Democrat Jena Griswold, responsible for the implementation in the state of Colorado, said in an interview with the broadcaster CNN that Trump's attempts to deny the Post the necessary funds were aimed at lowering the turnout: "The safest way to vote during a pandemic undermining is a turnout and it forces Americans to risk their lives to vote. "

Trump himself is a regular postal voter: Official databases show that the US President and his wife had documents sent to them for an area code in the state of Florida on Tuesday. Florida has been the couple's official residence since 2019.

The Democrats are working to ensure that the states allow as many voters as possible to vote by postal vote because of the pandemic. Because more ballot papers are likely to arrive by post in November, the announcement of the election results this year could, in the opinion of many observers, be significantly delayed, which could give additional tailwind to allegations of election fraud.
Old 08-14-20, 04:35 PM   #10115
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person in November

Infectious disease expert says it'll be safe to cast ballots in person if voters follow social distancing guidelines

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fau...erson-november

August is online  
Old 08-14-20, 05:00 PM   #10116
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Fauci says there is 'no reason' Americans can't vote in person in November

Infectious disease expert says it'll be safe to cast ballots in person if voters follow social distancing guidelines

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fau...erson-november

Yes, in person voting can be done with minimal effort, just masks and reasonable distancing. I wouldn't mind if they would hold the election over a three day period.

The US Mail, it's a mess and it was long before Trump showed up. I mean, when you go to mail a package, they ask you if you want to pay extra for insurance in case they break it or lose it. Isn't delivering it in one piece what I'm paying postage for?

Really, all I get through the US mail is spam, and about half of it is Bed, Bath, and Beyond 30% off coupons.

They even allow scammers to send clearly fake "missed parcel" mailers. I got one of these last week. Why does the US Mail accept money from scam artists?

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...ento-shipping/

Do I want the USPS involved in our election process? No.
Old 08-14-20, 05:11 PM   #10117
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The US Mail, it's a mess and it was long before Trump showed up. I mean, when you go to mail a package, they ask you if you want to pay extra for insurance in case they break it or lose it. Isn't delivering it in one piece what I'm paying postage for?
But its like that in Europe as well. Yopu pay for them delivering it. And special deals (insurrance, cofnormed reply forms) cost extra.

Quote:
Really, all I get through the US mail is spam, and about half of it is Bed, Bath, and Beyond 30% off coupons.
You have nothing like our 'Robinson list over here? Sign in, and yo get no more advert stuff? I use that. Also on my telephone numbers, from outside the town I live in its practically impossible to reach me on wired telephone. Life has won incredibly in quality. (I do not give my mobile number away easily).

Quote:
Do I want the USPS involved in our election process? No.
the set it up properly instead of cutting it down. And it seems, by argument of the article I quoted, that the messy effect on election outcomes due to the post not beign allowed to be "involved", would distort the rresult even more. Also, there is no ewvidence, NO EVIDENCE, for claims that the post has a fradulent effect on voting results. And as I posted earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
A federal judge has ordered Trumps gang to show evidence for their claim that mail election would forge the outcome. They have time until Friday to bring forward such evidence, or must declare that they just rose a claim. In the past they already had admitted that they have no evidence. Meanwhile Trump has openly admitted that he sabotages the postal service in order to undermine Democratic voter outcome.
(...)
Said judge was called in by Trump himself, two years ago.
Old 08-14-20, 05:30 PM   #10118
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

I ship items by USPS without problems regularly. The few times I've used FedEx they've broken half of the items which took days longer to arrive and charged 50% more. Ask them about needing fragile stickers and they'll say they treat everything as fragile which I interpret to mean it doesn't matter if it says fragile, they'll treat no better than any other package.

I don't use FedEx for anything anymore. They suck.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie

Last edited by Buddahaid; 08-14-20 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-15-20, 04:27 AM   #10119
Skybird
Soaring

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53782331

Quote:
Their comments come as a poll by Axios/ Survey Monkey found that three quarters of Republican voters plan to vote in person, while more than half of Democratic voters plan to use a mail vote.
(...)
Meanwhile, the USPS has reportedly begun removing mail sorting machines - many of which would normally be used to process ballots during the election - according to Vice.
Some Trump minions probably already dig holes in the forest where unwanted mail ballots could be dumped to disappear forever.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...cross-n1235216

It should not matter how soembody votes,if he wants to vote. The only question is whether he is - by citizenship for exmaple - eligible to vote. Her has his deciison, his will, one vote per one such decisonmaker and will-maker. Thats what the system is about. I ajmy not be a great fan of general aelecitosn, nor do i think they are the heart and centre of "demciracy". But I insit on that the system as wanted by design plays by its rules. What Trump tries to do is vote rigging, is voter fraud. Like Putin in Russia, Lukaschenko in Belarus. Stealign the vote, forging the eleciton result. thats what he wants to do. And everybody with a thinking mind knows it and can see it, if only he is willing to accept reality as actually "reality".

That it even is tried, and on this scale, and in this shameless openess, shows how deep the US already has fallen. Or better: has been intentionally pushed down to.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-15-20 at 05:38 AM.
Old 08-15-20, 09:34 AM   #10120
August
Wayfaring Stranger

August is online  
Old 08-15-20, 10:04 AM   #10121
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

I don't see any of y'all proclaiming how good Biden/Harris is compared to Trump/Pence.

This forum is international and the perception of the foreign groups is that Trump is bad along with vienna and Buddahaid on the America side being vocal against Trump.

Name one person on here that has been pro Biden due to how good he is or his accomplishment or his walk or his talk.

You guy's are ready to elect the worse choice just because you hate Trump.

Biden has not yet answered questions toe to toe, face to face with the media.

He is a stumbling Joe ... he can't think for himself.

Let's see the press give him a free ride after he is asked a few questions on how he would've handled the corona virus differently or how he plans on bringing the economy back up and offer free health at the same time.

Trump won't lose because people hate him and Biden won't win because people love him.

This election is not about personalities it's about the future of America ..
there is an entire army out there saying don't let the democrats win at any cost.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Old 08-15-20, 10:21 AM   #10122
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Then it's an army of "loyal" Americans that have no faith in their system of government. They must therefore hate America to use the term applied here for anyone who thinks differently.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 08-15-20, 10:30 AM   #10123
Skybird
Soaring

Mr. Quatro:

Or so you think.

However, you are right in so far as that Biden is n ot defended on this board because he is an ideal candidate, he is not, obviously. But he is not Trump or any of his minions - that already is more than good enough these days - this bad the status quo is. Its that he is the much, much lesser evil, than Trump. I have often said in the past that a lesser evil still is an evil, but the importance in this case and the qualitative difference between a president Trump and a president Not-Trump is so stellar, that this time I don't say it. Trump must be gotten rid of. At any cost. He has done enough damage already, to the US, and many other countries, and the general world economy. And it would become much worse in a second term when he must not be considerate of relection anymore. Total disinhibition of a realtiy. Nightmare scenario.

If he would not aim at altering the constitition and get a third term, that is. I would take that possibility serious.

Biden has indicated that he sees himself as an interim solution only. I doubt he plans to serve a full term.
Old 08-15-20, 10:44 AM   #10124
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Then it's an army of "loyal" Americans that have no faith in their system of government. They must therefore hate America to use the term applied here for anyone who thinks differently.

It's not that people have no faith in the system of government Budda, just the Democrat would be tyrants who want to use that system against us.

August is online  
Old 08-15-20, 10:45 AM   #10125
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Trump must be gotten rid of. At any cost.

August is online  
Closed Thread

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter