SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-17-12, 07:55 AM   #1
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0

Default Some shots of new clouds.

My problems concerning computil reported in the other thread have been resolved and I managed to make some changes to clouds as I originally planned.

I know it is not much and there is no need to make big deal about it. As I can see modding in this community has been proliferate and people put already quite a lot of hard work and real ingenuity to make this very good and deep simulation even better. I also realize that it is very late in the game and I am here about a decade too late!
Still I think there is quite a potential to make still more improvements here and given some interest and maybe cooperation, I am willing to stick around in this playground for some extended stay than just this brief visit.
Here ....

Last edited by Polak2; 08-18-12 at 03:53 AM.
Polak2 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 11:41 AM   #2
Polak2
Weps

Downloads: 60

I realize that subject of visual changes is rather trivial and does not bode or compare too well to nearly decade work huge chunk of diligent and dedicated work on matters more important to game play and realism of this fine simulation.

However, I find Dangerous Waters very interesting subject wise and no less stimulating as far as game play is concerned. The only minor deficiency of it, as I see if any, is its graphics. I have tried most of the graphic improving mods from the past (stars, bottom of the sea) which I found great and improving, and started on creating some of the new ones. Would like to continue on this work and discuss possibilities and impossibilities of this task.
Is it of any interest? Is it too late, no more or not enough interest? Or the simulation is deemed ironclad as far as access to the guts of the program? I would appreciate your input, thank you.
Polak2 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-12, 03:55 PM   #3
Nexus7
Commander

Downloads: 2

The platform i played the most is the sub. Personally i find the possibility to see the outside world other than with the periscope (that i rarely use) a poison for the gaming experience. Different thing for the other platforms (that i rarely use).

It's better to do visual changes than to touch core stuff like sensors that easily screw up everything.
Old 08-26-12, 05:44 AM   #4
Sag75
XO

Downloads: 45

Great! for me it's a good stuff, expecially to people commanding Helos or P3, and also Udaloy or OHP! I guess it could add a more tactical interest as you may spot better a visual contact through clouds by camera station on your P3, for instance. DW is not only a submarine game, there are also 5 ASW aircrafts and 2 ASW ships hunting them!

Betasom - XI Gruppo Sommergibili Atlantici
http://www.betasom.it/forum/index.php
Sag75 is offline   Reply With Quote