SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-19, 12:59 AM   #1
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 302
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post

1: Dynamic Campaign covering the whole war. We have to ask this specifically now thanks to Silent Hunter 5.

2: Port/Starboard controls on the engines.

3: Physics and realistic sinking mechanics.

Ect, ect.

That list of wants.
Sure, that is a clear description of what is missing in your eyes. Of which 2/3rds fit the bill. So what's the etcetera, etcetera? Oh wait, every one knows, right? No.

Quote:
And showing me an example of someone with little simulation experience being able to do that much, shows me how shallow all the mechanics must be.

But I'm happy you finally have what you wanted. Must be nice!
Yeez, what an entitled attitude you have. I doubt you'll ever find the game that pleases you. No development team can make a game that pleases everyone. Some like teamplay cooperation, some like uber-buttonpressing-switchology-leverflicking-simulation fidelity. Others want to order AI around to do their bidding. And then another group of players just like to do everything themselves to be in total control. You simply can't cater to all groups at once. And let's give the developers a break (a 2 man team). The game is working pretty descend flawless in it's current state, yet to be fleshed out. It's an early-access title. Or did nobody tell you that?
Old 04-22-19, 01:15 AM   #2
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Sure, that is a clear description of what is missing in your eyes. Of which 2/3rds fit the bill. So what's the etcetera, etcetera? Oh wait, every one knows, right? No.

Yeez, what an entitled attitude you have. I doubt you'll ever find the game that pleases you. No development team can make a game that pleases everyone. Some like teamplay cooperation, some like uber-buttonpressing-switchology-leverflicking-simulation fidelity. Others want to order AI around to do their bidding. And then another group of players just like to do everything themselves to be in total control. You simply can't cater to all groups at once. And let's give the developers a break (a 2 man team). The game is working pretty descend flawless in it's current state, yet to be fleshed out. It's an early-access title. Or did nobody tell you that?

Ect, ect, is tertiary, not important. The big three named are deal breakers, hence named.

Oh God, this argument. Next you'll be telling me to "build my own game". Can't be critical of people's work apparently.

Ah yes, and we all know devs pander to the easiest to please lowest common denominator, people who like arcades.

Fill me in, does Early Access exempt them from scrutiny? If so, then I clearly don't understand Early Access.

And if you had been waiting as long as I have for a decent Submarine Simulation, you would be just as annoyed as me. I would have never believed the Submarine Simulation genre would be bitten by the idiot "Multiplayer" cancer in a million years.
Old 04-22-19, 01:23 AM   #3
Pisces
Silent Hunter

There is a difference between making critical comments and derogative comments. You seem to be doing the latter. In that case, yeah, proof that you can do it better.
Old 04-22-19, 01:29 AM   #4
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
There is a difference between making critical comments and derogative comments. You seem to be doing the latter. In that case, yeah, proof that you can do it better.
That argument never has held water, and never will.

Also: The word you are looking for is "prove". If you want to talk down to people, better make sure you don't typo when you do it!

Also: Derogatory was the other word.

There. Did that "proof" I can do better?
Old 04-22-19, 04:26 AM   #5
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 590
Uploads: 30

Delicate touch needed i fancy now then now then then now alrighty.

Hi Slyguy3129 On Subsim theres only one Onkel Neal (that has the patience of Angels).

Also there's at the last count fourteen Uncle Alberts that help members get their games and mods squared away also other kind souls that do the same.
for those guys and gals are the unsung heroes line chiefs of Onkel Neals Navy.

Has one downloaded the Wolfpack Manual if so has one had a indepth look at page nine no pun intended here old bean link below.

Re 2: Port/Starboard controls on the engines.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5471

If one had gathered the source data freely available in the Subsim Downloads then one would be in the know would'nt one.

PS Dont miss the bus!!!

Last edited by blackswan40; 04-22-19 at 06:15 AM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 12:41 PM   #6
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan40 View Post
Delicate touch needed i fancy now then now then then now alrighty.

Hi Slyguy3129 On Subsim theres only one Onkel Neal (that has the patience of Angels).

Also there's at the last count fourteen Uncle Alberts that help members get their games and mods squared away also other kind souls that do the same.
for those guys and gals are the unsung heroes line chiefs of Onkel Neals Navy.

Has one downloaded the Wolfpack Manual if so has one had a indepth look at page nine no pun intended here old bean link below.

Re 2: Port/Starboard controls on the engines.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5471

If one had gathered the source data freely available in the Subsim Downloads then one would be in the know would'nt one.

PS Dont miss the bus!!!

Dynamic Single Player Campaign? One of the big three in my list.

You expect me to use one of my precious daily downloads in order to learn about a game?

Last edited by Slyguy3129; 04-22-19 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-22-19, 12:44 PM   #7
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
should be: "as I" let's use correct grammar!

...especially when we presume to correct others. Otherwise there is the impression of a pompous, overbearing double-standard.

Yawn

If that's all you got in the defense of this game, no wonder it's in the shape it's in.
Old 04-22-19, 04:29 AM   #8
Pisces
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy3129 View Post
That argument never has held water, and never will.

Also: The word you are looking for is "prove". If you want to talk down to people, better make sure you don't typo when you do it!

Also: Derogatory was the other word.

There. Did that "proof" I can do better?
You win. When it comes to English. It's not my native language. And after a full night lack of sleep I guess I slipped up this time. I usually do better. I've also seen worse.

It is also interesting that this discussion has now turned to be about (my use of ) semantics. While apparently you did get the gist of it.
Old 04-22-19, 05:40 PM   #9
Captain_AJ
Crusty

Downloads: 324
Default HMM

Happy are those who would say.. this is not my cup of tea. However, I would disagree that this is an Arcade game for novices. and the coop crews so far as I have seen and played with do take sub siming as passionately as you seem to mention that you are. I believe that a coop of crews that are hardcore simmers been meeting on a regular basis and are becoming team members, working a simulated u-boat and a common goal.. MESSY ARE THOSE GAMES THAT DO PLAY WITHOUT ANY HISTORICAL BACKROUND.-- We all have opinions, But no one is stupid enough , at least the ones I have been playing wolfpack with are not the sheepherders --- IT is a crew based on real-time, that depends on other crew members to resolve an outcome-- of hunting a convoy, using historical information, and applying it and sinking SHIPS -- EVEN THIS IS PRACTISED IN REAL LIFE -- Open your eyes and try to reduce your pride -- Glad that you have an option-- everyone does, remember to respect those who enjoy and have developed a simulation that can bring people working as a team , with the same interest,,

Captain_AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-19, 07:26 PM   #10
Slyguy3129
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_AJ View Post
Happy are those who would say.. this is not my cup of tea. However, I would disagree that this is an Arcade game for novices. and the coop crews so far as I have seen and played with do take sub siming as passionately as you seem to mention that you are. I believe that a coop of crews that are hardcore simmers been meeting on a regular basis and are becoming team members, working a simulated u-boat and a common goal.. MESSY ARE THOSE GAMES THAT DO PLAY WITHOUT ANY HISTORICAL BACKROUND.-- We all have opinions, But no one is stupid enough , at least the ones I have been playing wolfpack with are not the sheepherders --- IT is a crew based on real-time, that depends on other crew members to resolve an outcome-- of hunting a convoy, using historical information, and applying it and sinking SHIPS -- EVEN THIS IS PRACTISED IN REAL LIFE -- Open your eyes and try to reduce your pride -- Glad that you have an option-- everyone does, remember to respect those who enjoy and have developed a simulation that can bring people working as a team , with the same interest,,
When you are awake when your half of the planet is asleep and asleep when it is awake, it tends to be rather difficult to play a multiplayer game. Nobody wants to spend $60 on a game, and only be able to play it when other people want too.

I seem to remember how upset people were with Silent Hunter 5 with it's "always online" DRM. This isn't even Copy Protection, you need internet and other people just to play the game. I don't understand how that suddenly became "ok".

Essentially it seems like all this game has to offer is "You get to play with people in your boat with you", which sounds as much fun to me as "Mr. Slyguy3129, you have stage 4 cancer. You have hours to live."

I keep noticing no-one addressing the Single Play Campaign covering the whole war. Is it because this game is intended to be mission based. Quick 15 minute games (E-Sport standard) where you spawn in and the convoy is right there. Since the game has no TC from the sounds of it, the convoys can't be too far off. No searching for Convoys. No patrolling. Just spawn in, shoot torpedoes repeat. If I wanted that, I could just load up Silent Service 1 on the Nintendo Entertainment System. Which I do still play.
Old 04-20-20, 11:46 PM   #11
Sniderling
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 3

Slyguy... wow what a nasty person you are. Seriously. I registered just so I could post this comment...
Sniderling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-20, 12:38 AM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Sniderling!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote