SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-08, 11:58 PM   #1
Capt Jack Harkness
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 210
Uploads: 1
BattleCry: Redemption, a call to all modders!!!

I know this isn't DW related, but as there is some serious talent among these threads (as well as many people with experience of the subject matter), I figured I'd put it here.

Anyways, there is a new military simulation being put together as an MMO total conversion of Crysis, titled BattleCry: Redemption. Don't let the fact that Crysis is an FPS put you off, though, because the concept is to have the ultimate military simulation encompassing all aspects of modern warfare. This means the armies, navies, air forces, etc of numerous countries will be modelled in as exact detail as possible.

I have been given the management of the naval division of the mod, and I will lay down the basics of how the game will be played from this perspective, as well as what we need to make this part of the mod a reality.

First, each player will assume control of a character in a first person perspective, they can then choose to be a part of any countries army, navy, etc. If you choose to be in the navy, you will be an officer on any number of vessels manning any number of important positions, or commanding the vessel if you are the CO or XO. The real beauty, however, is that each vessel will be modeled inside and out in as exact detail as possible. One could explore every room of an aircraft carrier, destroyer, submarine, etc. Obviously, some of these rooms are classified and will be built on guesswork, but the look and feel should be just like the real thing; the only people that will know the difference are the players that have been on the real ships.

As for content, we are currently going to focus on the American and Russian navies. Once complete, all faculties available to the CO of the real ships will be available to COs of the ships in-game. We will have fully functional aircraft carriers deploying players in fighters, helicopters, ASW and support aircraft; we will be landing tanks and infantry on beaches, missile cruisers will be lending fire support to these land forces, submarines will be intercepting and attacking enemy carrier groups as well as performing espionage and delivering commando teams, launching missile strikes, hunting enemy subs, etc. All of these ships will be commanded by players, and all of these actions will be decided upon by players (including who is at war with whom); none of it will be scripted. Just about anything that can be done in real life will be possible in the mod (that's the theory, anyways).

With that said, I would like to ask any modder on SUBSIM with modelling or texturing experience to join the team, as the naval division consists of me and me alone at the moment. Getting the ships and weapons modelled and textured is the first priority, getting them to work will come later and will be done by those experienced in Crysis coding. Anyone wishing to join should pm me here or on CryMod (under the name r4y30n), or pm IrishDeviant on Crymod (he is the founder of the project, and approves all new members of the team).

Thanks for reading and check out the thread at CryMod.com if you're interested!

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?thr...tuser=0&page=1
Capt Jack Harkness is offline   Reply With Quote