SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-19-11, 09:12 AM   #7726
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Maybe some switch of this kind will do?

//
Isn't that what I'm already using for the RAOBF and Attack Disk
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-11, 09:19 AM   #7727
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Isn't that what I'm already using for the RAOBF and Attack Disk

Yes, but still - I find it consistent with the rest of the UI
/
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 06:06 PM   #7728
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324
Default Re.Speech Recognition

@TheDarkWraith

In MO-thread there were some posts concerning possible problems of running SpeechRecognition-mod with NewUI 6.7.0

While testing it for couple of days I figure out that SR is working great with NewUI 6.7.0 excepting mod-lists that contain both MO+NewUI.
In this variant it doesn't work as well as lot of other troubles are appeared (described in my post #7653). So I couldn't reach any stable result with MO and NewUI working together even without using other mods. .
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-11, 07:08 PM   #7729
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
@TheDarkWraith

In MO-thread there were some posts concerning possible problems of running SpeechRecognition-mod with NewUI 6.7.0

While testing it for couple of days I figure out that SR is working great with NewUI 6.7.0 excepting mod-lists that contain both MO+NewUI.
In this variant it doesn't work as well as lot of other troubles are appeared (described in my post #7653). So I couldn't reach any stable result with MO and NewUI working together even without using other mods. .
SR should work fine with v6.7.0. I've tested it with no problems. SR will not work with just MO - the version of my UIs mod in it doesn't have support for SR. Now if you enable my newest version (6.7.0) after MO then SR should work no problem. Now SR needs to be installed after my UIs mod for it to work properly.
Old 08-20-11, 07:31 PM   #7730
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
SR should work fine with v6.7.0. I've tested it with no problems. SR will not work with just MO - the version of my UIs mod in it doesn't have support for SR. Now if you enable my newest version (6.7.0) after MO then SR should work no problem. Now SR needs to be installed after my UIs mod for it to work properly.
Thats right!
I've meant troubles with MO+NewUI (missing bunker or terrain when starting patrol, 'white box' in scope interface .etc, if they only are installed on the stock game version even without SR and other mods following. When loading the bunker-saved game sometimes they work, sometimes not - that is unstable. May be the lack of RAM cause this problem
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 02:06 PM   #7731
Deep Six
Ensign

Downloads: 104

I'm not sure if this is doable, but can I suggest this addition.

When I'm at the Nav map all the sounds of the sub mute and all I get is a constant hum like being under battery power, surely you should be able to hear the hubbub of the boat. Diesels/electrics running, footsteps and such like. The reason why it seems daft not to, is that the Hydophone station is a very noisy place to be. All I can hear from this station(When trying to concentrate on the wheel and dial) is LOUD footsteps of crew walking by and the engines running in the background...If I'm the Captain and I'm at the Hydro station, I want sounds to a minimum as if I had given the order. Not silent running..But "Hey number one, can you quiet the men down a little, I'm trying to find the tommies up top"...

Cheers

Deep Six

Last edited by Deep Six; 08-22-11 at 06:31 PM.
Deep Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 10:57 PM   #7732
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Tonight I made a huge breakthrough in something I've been wanting to do: Show the player's history (position wise) on an SH5 style map (along with other things). I finally was able to read the SH5 map correctly and apply the gradient to it for the colors. Looks just like the nav map in game doesn't it? :

Now I just have to code in some changes to the in-game ship's journal and then I can code in the code needed for this app to read it and display it. This was huge

If you want to try the app as it is now you can: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20706...DarkWraith_zip

It will display the SH5 map as is used in the game. You can pan and zoom and change the gradient (map colors) by referencing the screenshot above. Press H for help to show the help box like above in the screenshot.

NOTE: when you change gradients it will take a minute or two (or less) depending on how powerful your CPU is. It's having to change a TON of data when this happens is the reason why it takes some time.
Old 08-22-11, 10:58 PM   #7733
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Could this map be used for the missions to start at a diffrent position ? Needs to be zoomable .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-11, 11:01 PM   #7734
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Could this map be used for the missions to start at a diffrent position ? Needs to be zoomable .
Could be...haven't gotten that far yet. I finally just got it to display correctly. This app is not dependent on the game (you don't need the game running). It just reads some files from it.

What's wrong with the mission editor thing I coded in when you select a historic mission? It displays a map that you can select your starting position.

It IS zoomable/unzoomable
Old 08-23-11, 04:28 AM   #7735
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Six View Post
I'm not sure if this is doable, but can I suggest this addition.

When I'm at the Nav map all the sounds of the sub mute and all I get is a constant hum like being under battery power, surely you should be able to hear the hubbub of the boat. Diesels/electrics running, footsteps and such like. The reason why it seems daft not to, is that the Hydophone station is a very noisy place to be. All I can hear from this station(When trying to concentrate on the wheel and dial) is LOUD footsteps of crew walking by and the engines running in the background...If I'm the Captain and I'm at the Hydro station, I want sounds to a minimum as if I had given the order. Not silent running..But "Hey number one, can you quiet the men down a little, I'm trying to find the tommies up top"...

Cheers

Deep Six
if using SDBSM, you hear next to feet steps also other crew noises like caughts and farts maybe. To prevent against that while trying to use the hydrophone, you only need to close the hatches to the forward torpedo room and central compartment.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-11, 04:32 AM   #7736
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Quote:
Tonight I made a huge breakthrough in something I've been wanting to do....
nice breakthrough mate... any chance for a KM grid overlay ?

Old 08-23-11, 04:36 AM   #7737
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Tonight I made a huge breakthrough in something I've been wanting to do: .
Very Good Well done
Old 08-23-11, 05:06 AM   #7738
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
nice breakthrough mate... any chance for a KM grid overlay ?
Can easily be added. Where can I find the image (for download)?
Old 08-23-11, 05:23 AM   #7739
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

there is a original one buyable @uboatnet :http://www.uboat.net/maps/3401.html ...not shure if it would be allowed to redistribute it as part of a mod...

...but there should be also other sources

Old 08-23-11, 05:26 AM   #7740
von faust
Soundman

Downloads: 430

Quote:
Can easily be added. Where can I find the image (for download)?
This ?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ht=maps&page=3
von faust is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui