SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-08-11, 01:02 PM   #211
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

well since we are showing stuff off:

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 11:21 AM   #212
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229
Uploads: 0

Very much looking forward to 3.11. DW diligently stays on the HD in anticipation of this!

P.S. - Is the Kilo pregnant in the screenshot below? What is that?

Another P.S. - Who was working on that total rebuild of the player usable Akula model, to replace the godawfully ugly (and inaccurate) stock version? Anyone know the status of it?
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-11, 01:04 PM   #213
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

The 'pregnant kilo' is a Yuan-C SSK. The new akula models are in for 3.11 but they will not have animated torpedo tube doors.

That reminds me, I need to check in with OneShot...
Old 06-16-11, 05:35 PM   #214
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop64 View Post
P.S. - Is the Kilo pregnant in the screenshot below? What is that?
Don't know what it is but it is there....

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 05:11 PM   #215
Fleet Command CC
Engineer

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike View Post
well since we are showing stuff off:
Hey TLAM Strike.

The new Kilo and the others look cool nice job any change I could get a copy of them please for FC?

ASrock 4Core1600P35-Wifi, Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz, 4GB OCZ PC2-6400 ATI CrossFire Edition, Sapphire 2600XT 256MB GDDR4 PCI-E, 500GB Sansumg SATAII HDD 16MB Cache, XP
Fleet Command CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-11, 11:26 PM   #216
Treetop64
Torpedoman

Downloads: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
The new akula models are in for 3.11 but they will not have animated torpedo tube doors.

Small price to pay.
Treetop64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 01:22 AM   #217
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd149 View Post
DWX plus Lwami, man that would be an even greater game.
It's unfortunate that RA and LWAMI can't play nice together via JSGME. Each group has their own agenda, and that's fine, but allowing for the possibility of the end-user to use elements of both would be laudable. Now, I don't ask anyone to labor on compatibility when their primary work is of foremost importance, but, on the other hand, it would seem bad faith for anyone to expend additional efforts to impede the end-user from attempting to use mods concurrently.
Old 06-19-11, 02:08 AM   #218
dd149
Soundman

Downloads: 183

Well, in a perfect world...
Anyway the game keeps improving and the community is more united than ever, e.g. for testing the mods and reporting bugs, and for international multiplayer sessions.
The Millsab team in France is looking for more integrated mods too, our experts have done one which can come over RA and is JSGME compatible. It is a small step but... We are all waiting for the next issue of LWAMI. And both LWAMI and RA team members were of great help in allowing the use of some components and/or even creating some models (thanks a lot to TLAM Strike). We have also to say that both teams were responsive to some comments on the models realism (regarding radiated noise etc...).
It is true that the fusion of all the mods would be a great news but the teams have different and it seems incompatible agendas.
The latest RA is still a great mod, having been able to remove some of the most annoying bugs of the original game, to add the new LWAMI models would be great, but it seems that some of the database structure had to be altered in RA in order to get more realistic game physics, so it might be difficult, but an explanation of the alterations would go a long way towards possible integration (maybe even a small conversion script?).
Thanks to all the modding teams for their great efforts and responsiveness to bug reports. Let us keep up the good work and we will still improve the game, everybodu can make a contribution, that is community work.
dd149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 05:21 AM   #219
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Well the LwAmi has been and continues to be JSGME compatible. So its as easy as pushing a few buttons to switch between LwAmi and any other JSGME compatible mod. Unfortunately the RA Team has yet to move its mod in this direction.

If integrating means total integration into one mod, well I seriously doubt that'll happen ...
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-11, 03:44 PM   #220
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot View Post
Well the LwAmi has been and continues to be JSGME compatible. So its as easy as pushing a few buttons to switch between LwAmi and any other JSGME compatible mod. Unfortunately the RA Team has yet to move its mod in this direction.
I am continually grateful that the LWAMI Gods, I mean devs, are kind enough to use JSGME.

Fortunately, although with considerable effort, RA can be forced to work with JSGME. It's just a tricky and time consuming process, as it wasn't designed to work with it (at the least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot View Post
If integrating means total integration into one mod, well I seriously doubt that'll happen ...
I didn't really expect that, since there seems to be no consideration of collaboration or compromise in the other camp (although there is some accreditation to previous works). It's only that other devs or groups efforts - which have taken JSGME, or even LWAMI specifically, into consideration - that have set the bar of expectation for me.

Tags
lwami