Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-21, 03:26 PM   #13846
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The Germans have become one iof the ludest lobbyists for a simple mahjority "reform" ofbthge Eu althogz these stuzouds should know thatr it wil only lead to demanding debtors abusign that to amke the german pay evcen more by collectivising dfebts, like the net payer aleady have lost the veto majority inb the ECB boad no matter what theys rotating memberships look like - the net recioever have the deciding majority on that board now. And you can see it.

No Corona and currency inflation like crazy, and an enormous zombification of companies that are allowed under the umbrella of corona state aids to surivve alth9ugh being dead and incompetitve. In German, 18% now, the official numbers say, as I said in the ither thread I always add a minimum of 5% to thes eoffiocial numbers. Plus EU climategate costs (they call it green deal).

It does not need the Brits to blow the EU off the balance sheets. The EU will manage to achieve that all by itself. And nowhere with greater enthusiasm than in Germany. Servile submissve dogs the Germans are. Disgusting self-denying creeps. I cannot stand people wanting to be small and weak, and being afraid to show strength. Such people always are just little people, and always weasel around like little pet animals.
Old 05-21-21, 04:06 PM   #13847
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

What has all this to do with the UK, or England?

Does not matter: Patriotism. What the :

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 05-21-21 at 04:47 PM.
Old 05-22-21, 05:12 AM   #13848
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The UK has offered trade deal terms to Australia under which both countries would phase out taxes on imports over 15 years.

The cabinet was reportedly split on what terms to propose, amid concerns UK beef and lamb farmers could be undercut by larger Australian producers.

But the dispute was apparently resolved after Boris Johnson pushed for unity.

International Trade Secretary Liz Truss formally made the UK offer to her Australian counterpart on Friday.

If accepted, it would also lead to quotas - limits - on tax-free trade between the two countries to be phased out.

The National Farmers' Union (NFU) has warned that freeing up the UK-Australian trade in meat will lead to hundreds of British cow and sheep breeders going out of business.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-57198607

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 05-22-21, 08:15 AM   #13849
MGR1
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 252

SNP Finance Minister Kate Forbes 'has to tiptoe around' her Christian faith:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-57203901

Wiki link for the Free Church of Scotland:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_C...d_(since_1900)

Sooo, she's a Wee Free is she. Might be few conflicts of faith versus party policy then.

Here's the wikipedia graphic showing just how... fractious we Scots have been about religious matters:

As can be seen, not just the main Kirk, but an additional SIX splinter denominations. Mainly due to the "we think your not doing things the right way so we're going to form our own" propensity.

Edit: It might be an idea to view the pro-Scottish Independence argument in the same light.

Mike.
"I am the battleship Jean Bart. This name originates from a certain 'respected' privateer... Yes? You want to know what privateers are? Hmph, they are pirates that rob openly under the banner of their country."

Jean Bart from the mobile game Azur Lane.

Last edited by MGR1; 05-22-21 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-22-21, 08:44 AM   #13850
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
What has all this to do with the UK, or England?
Reply to post #13843. Its not just the usual Verhoefstadt suspect pushing for it. Those at whose expense the proposal is, want it themselves, and liuder than some others. The Germans beg for getting financially abused even more. Off-putting.
Old 05-25-21, 09:02 AM   #13851
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The EU at its finest.

"Switzerland should have seen from Brexit, the dangers and pitfalls of signing a treaty with the rabid zealots in charge of the EU! They would do well to keep these monsters at arms length and go WTO."

"Just shows you what the EU are like , How can anyone like them when they do this to any who will not let them take full control & do what they want ."

Old 05-26-21, 01:41 AM   #13852
Catfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The EU at its finest. [lots of loaded biased propaganda "rabid zealots!" "these monsters" blah]
Better than England at its worst..
https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/busines...tcome/46518146

The underlaying logic of all this is that as an individual you may have problems to ask for and get your rights through and heard e.g. by big concerns, from workers rights to education, to loans. A democratic group of international states that signed their joint support to help and make better treaties with unions, companies and governments is the help that not so well-off people (the majority) need, especially today.
I am always finding it hard to understand why even low-paid workers fall for the promises and cheats of industry and rich people, being led around by the nose and voting against their own interests. It seems they never learn.
Regarding England with its "Lords", the higher classes and the despised inferior folks system, they are perfect at it. And it is England and its system that governs, rules, and makes the decisions, not Ireland, Scotland or Wales.

Of course the EU has to be smashed, with its humanistic ideas or (gasp) helping average people to be able to lead a better life, even help the industry being more competitive that way and creating a better future especially for young people.

"Oh my god, what will they think of next, where are they going to stop?"

Last edited by Catfish; 05-26-21 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-26-21, 05:39 AM   #13853
Skybird
Soaring

...sigh...

Impartial, differentiated and unbiased as always, Catfish.
Old 05-26-21, 05:52 AM   #13854
Catfish

Only a direct answer to the video Jim posted, i take it this is also completely unbiased. From the comments: They are shooting themselves in the foot and complain how the EU could do it?
Maybe I should return the favour and call them rabid zealots and monsters next time, i guess this is less biased then . I am sure Rupert Murdoch does really not want to sound like Mr Goebbels in his media, but somehow mostly he does.

What about the first Link (Switzerland banks) and the video?

Old 05-26-21, 05:58 AM   #13855
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
The PM's former chief adviser Dominic Cummings is facing questions about his time working in No 10 and the decisions around the pandemic.

Mr Cummings says "senior ministers, senior officials, senior advisers like me fell disastrously short" of what the "public expects during a crisis like this"

He adds that the government "failed" when "the public needed us most", and apologises for his own mistakes.

Mr Cummings tells MPs there was not “any sense of urgency" about the pandemic until the last week of February.

He says in February 2020, the PM regarded Covid as a “scare story” and said he would get Prof Chris Whitty to inject him with it on TV

Mr Cummings says Health Secretary Matt Hancock was "completely wrong" in suggesting herd immunity was never part of the government's original plan.

He says achieving herd immunity without vaccination "was regarded as an unavoidable fact" in the official planning.

Mr Cummings says Mr Hancock "should have been fired" for "at least 15 to 20 things", including lying to people in meetings.
One of the biggest cases of sour grapes and hypocrisy I've come across for quite some time.

This is the man who was chief adviser to the PM when many of these decisions were taken so surely he is part of the wrongs he is claiming.

Best not mention the number of rules he broke driving from London to Durham when it suited him.

Old 05-26-21, 06:13 AM   #13856
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
China has overtaken Germany to become the UK's biggest single import market for the first time since records began.

Goods imported from China rose 66% from the start of 2018 to £16.9bn ($24bn) in the first quarter of this year, the Office for National Statistics said.

Imports from Germany fell by a quarter to £12.5bn in the same period.

The change came as trade with the European Union was disrupted by Brexit and the pandemic boosted demand for Chinese goods.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) report aimed to assess the impacts of Brexit and the coronavirus on the UK's trade in goods.

It found evidence that trade had been disrupted at the start of the new relationship between the UK and the EU.

The ONS said German imports to the UK had fallen since April 2019, amid uncertainty over the details of Britain's exit from the EU.

Germany's motor industry also felt the impact of the pandemic as both vehicle production and global exports were hit.

In the UK, demand for new vehicles slumped as car showrooms were shut due to lockdown measures.

Exports of goods to Ireland saw the greatest proportionate fall of the UK's top five exporting partners after the EU transition period, the ONS said.

Since modern records began in 1997, Germany had been the UK's biggest source of imports, except for a six month period at the end of 2000 and the start of the following year when the US briefly took the top spot.

Despite a 23.1% fall in total trade with European Union countries as a whole in the period, the EU remains the UK's biggest trading partner, the report found.
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57236714

Old 05-28-21, 07:57 AM   #13857
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
The EU at its finest.

"Switzerland should have seen from Brexit, the dangers and pitfalls of signing a treaty with the rabid zealots in charge of the EU! They would do well to keep these monsters at arms length and go WTO."

"Just shows you what the EU are like , How can anyone like them when they do this to any who will not let them take full control & do what they want ."
And so it goes on.

Old 05-31-21, 11:48 AM   #13858
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-01-21, 08:45 AM   #13859
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 06-01-21, 09:30 AM   #13860
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Is anyone watching these video clips ?

Markus

My little lovely female cat
Closed Thread

Tags
british, politics