Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-23, 04:21 PM   #10621
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Nothing is known for sure, but I would not rule out a scenario where somebody just leaked this becasue this was what he had access to and could use, by leaking it, to damage the Biden administration just at any cost. I think this is a possibility, a scenario because of the wide range of info leaked, not just focussed on Ukraine, or glossing over Russia, but also on general intel efforts beyond these, and overhearing communications of allies. Maybe it was somebody not liking Biden, or somebody who does not agree with US support to Ukraine, and Korea, and then possibly also Europe, or a Trump supporter causing havoc just for the cause of causing chaos.

Nothing is known, all is speculation at this point. However, i rate the scenario where the source is not even foreign intel effort, but homegrown in US, the highest probability of all possibilities. Just a feeling. I could be wrong.

I also do not rule out that it all is a clever misinformation campaign in preparation of the upcoming offensive by Ukraine, to put Russia, as I earlier put it, on the wrong foot.
Old 04-11-23, 04:59 AM   #10622
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 04-11-23, 05:08 AM   #10623
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 04-11-23, 07:01 AM   #10624
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Total combat losses of Russian Federation since beginning of war - about 179,320 people (+500 per day), 293 helicopters, 3,644 tanks, 2,765 artillery systems, 7,038 armored vehicles. INFOGRAPHICS

As of the morning of April 11, 2023, the losses of the Russian occupiers are approximately 179,320 people.

As noted, the total combat losses of the enemy from 24/02/22 to 11/04/23 are approximately:

personnel - about 179,320 (+500) people were liquidated,
tanks - 3644 (+7) units,
armored combat vehicles - 7038 (+10) units,
artillery systems - 2765 (+15) units,
MLRS- 535 (+1) units,
air defense equipment - 282 (+0) units,
aircraft - 307 (+0) units,
helicopters - 293 (+1) units,
UAVs of operational-tactical level - 2332 (+9),
cruise missiles - 911 (+0),
warships/boats - 18 (+0) units,
automotive equipment and tank trucks - 5620 (+13) units,
special equipment - 316 (+5). Source: https://censor.net/en/n3411339

Old 04-11-23, 10:18 AM   #10625
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

It would not come as a surprise if it happens.
What he talks about, is a coup in Russia.

Quote:
- I am not afraid to say that we are heading for a military defeat, says the hawk Igor Girkin in a manifesto published on YouTube. Girkin, has long been critical of Vladimir Putin and his military - or lack thereof - progress in Ukraine.

Now he takes the paper out of his mouth once again and criticizes Mother Russia in strong terms.

- The media cover the situation at the front. It has a huge impact on the situation throughout the country.

- We entered a protracted war for which our economy was completely unprepared. The army and our political system were not ready either, he says in the clip
Markus

My little lovely female cat
Old 04-11-23, 01:00 PM   #10626
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It is being reported that Canada are about to send thousands of firearms and one million pieces of ammunition. As much as I am sure this will be very much appreciated, I think heavy weapons would be more useful.

Old 04-11-23, 01:34 PM   #10627
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Heard in the news at 7.

Ukraine isn't not only asking for F15 and/or F-16, but also volunteers who can fly them.

Markus

Old 04-11-23, 02:37 PM   #10628
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Heard in the news at 7.

Ukraine isn't not only asking for F15 and/or F-16, but also volunteers who can fly them.

Markus

It certainly would be helpful to have some experienced pilots to share their knowledge with the Ukrainian flyers.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 04-11-23, 02:47 PM   #10629
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
It certainly would be helpful to have some experienced pilots to share their knowledge with the Ukrainian flyers.
It also made me recall some of the documentary I've seen about the war in Korea and Vietnam-In both wars it was mostly Russian who flew their own MIG15/21

Which mean Russia can't complain.

Markus

Old 04-11-23, 02:59 PM   #10630
Dargo
Admiral

Downloads: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Nothing is known for sure, but I would not rule out a scenario where somebody just leaked this becasue this was what he had access to and could use, by leaking it, to damage the Biden administration just at any cost. I think this is a possibility, a scenario because of the wide range of info leaked, not just focussed on Ukraine, or glossing over Russia, but also on general intel efforts beyond these, and overhearing communications of allies. Maybe it was somebody not liking Biden, or somebody who does not agree with US support to Ukraine, and Korea, and then possibly also Europe, or a Trump supporter causing havoc just for the cause of causing chaos.

Nothing is known, all is speculation at this point. However, i rate the scenario where the source is not even foreign intel effort, but homegrown in US, the highest probability of all possibilities. Just a feeling. I could be wrong.

I also do not rule out that it all is a clever misinformation campaign in preparation of the upcoming offensive by Ukraine, to put Russia, as I earlier put it, on the wrong foot.
It is always possible that (redacted) intelligence was deliberately leaked, for instance to mislead an opponent. Suppose I myself had something false leaked, or that it was partly true, I would also say outwardly that it was real and that there would be an investigation. Furthermore, I am surprised that the documents cover so many different files, because intelligence agencies work in a segmented way. For security reasons, Person A only has access to the Ukraine file and not to intelligence operations in South Korea. But now documents on both and many more subjects have been leaked simultaneously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
A victorious Destroyer is like a ton against an ounce.
Old 04-11-23, 06:03 PM   #10631
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
It also made me recall some of the documentary I've seen about the war in Korea and Vietnam-In both wars it was mostly Russian who flew their own MIG15/21

Markus
What I have big issues with is that some weeks ago it was reported that Britain still allows retired British fighter pilots to get hired by China. In all innocence, of course. I must admit I am tempted to recommend very ultimate measures on this.
Old 04-11-23, 06:43 PM   #10632
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dargo View Post
It is always possible that (redacted) intelligence was deliberately leaked, for instance to mislead an opponent. Suppose I myself had something false leaked, or that it was partly true, I would also say outwardly that it was real and that there would be an investigation. Furthermore, I am surprised that the documents cover so many different files, because intelligence agencies work in a segmented way. For security reasons, Person A only has access to the Ukraine file and not to intelligence operations in South Korea. But now documents on both and many more subjects have been leaked simultaneously.
A deliberate leak is very possible. Since we monitor their every move, how they respond to the intel may tell us a lot about how efficient their current command control and communications structure is and reveal locations to hit them. How well they can move troops and logistics to what they may now believe is a new front which stretch out their defensive lines even more. It will certainly mess with their minds too, keeping them on high alert long enough will help wear them down.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Old 04-11-23, 07:12 PM   #10633
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

Markus
Nor could they complain if we asked the Ukes to hand over a few of their captured Russian POW's for special interrogation since they did that to our people in Korea and Vietnam too.

But of course they would.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 04-12-23, 06:24 AM   #10634
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The UK is among a number of countries with military special forces operating inside Ukraine, according to one of dozens of documents leaked online.

It confirms what has been the subject of quiet speculation for over a year.

The leaked files, some marked "top secret", paint a detailed picture of the war in Ukraine, including sensitive details of Ukraine's preparations for a spring counter-offensive.

The US government says it is investigating the source of the leak.

According to the document, dated 23 March, the UK has the largest contingent of special forces in Ukraine (50), followed by fellow Nato states Latvia (17), France (15), the US (14) and the Netherlands (1).

The document does not say where the forces are located or what they are doing.

Old 04-12-23, 06:35 AM   #10635
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Closed Thread