Old 11-06-16, 02:42 PM   #61
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
Does anyone actually believe what Trump says, in his "speeches"
I believe that he intends to at least make a token effort at undertaking a lot of what he has promised, especially when it benefits him or undermines his enemies. However, as Obama found out, promising and doing are two completely seperate things when you have to go through Congress.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 03:43 PM   #62
AndyJWest
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
I have serious doubts as to whether Trump does, since much of it seems not only unscripted, but apparently to have been spontaneously generated on the spot. It probably surprises him more than anyone else.
Old 11-06-16, 04:04 PM   #63
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
I think he has in the last 5 years or so, been studying the Danish politicians-they are expert on saying things the Danish people like to hear and after they have been elected-forgetting everything about it

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-16, 06:04 PM   #64
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
About the same as I do when any lying deceptive POS politician speaks. But then I was being redundant.
Old 11-06-16, 10:39 PM   #65
Torplexed
Let's Sink Sumptin' !

Downloads: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJWest View Post
I have serious doubts as to whether Trump does, since much of it seems not only unscripted, but apparently to have been spontaneously generated on the spot. It probably surprises him more than anyone else.
That probably explains why his campaign finally took his Twitter account away and hid it until the election is over.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/the...unt-1788636451

--Mobilis in Mobili--
Torplexed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 04:41 AM   #66
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yubba View Post
Somebody needs to be fitted for a tin foil hat,,how do you hack paper ballets,,oh yeah democrat voter fraud in which I have a thread up of,, yep corrupt liberalism hangs in the balance ,, for some folk it's worth starting WW3 over,, I'm hope-ing for rope and change
The New York Times or the Washington Post did a study, and found that out of like a billion votes cast over a certain period (since the '70s?) there were only like 34 incidences of voter fraud. I suppose I could google and find you the story, but I suspect as it uses logic and facts it probably won't agree with your world view.
Old 11-07-16, 04:43 AM   #67
Torvald Von Mansee
Sea Lord

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
About the same as I do when any lying deceptive POS politician speaks. But then I was being redundant.
Right. I'm sure Hillary and Donny lie at precisely the same rate. They're both exactly the same.
Old 11-07-16, 05:17 AM   #68
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torvald Von Mansee View Post
Right. I'm sure Hillary and Donny lie at precisely the same rate. They're both exactly the same.

On topic again.. is there real evidence that "russian hackers" did influence, change or really do something regarding the US election? Or is this a conspiracy, apart from Russia always being the scapegoat for all.
Of course, cyber'war' and eavesdropping get stronger every day, but I guess there was no exterior influence necessary for this .. election, to screw things up as they are?

I mean the article is about "USA strong, with hackers standing by to attack Russia, the wole russian net is being under control and influence of the US". Fine, i guess then no one has to worry.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 11-07-16 at 05:54 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 06:38 AM   #69
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:

On topic again.. is there real evidence that "russian hackers" did influence, change or really do something regarding the US election? Or is this a conspiracy, apart from Russia always being the scapegoat for all.
Of course, cyber'war' and eavesdropping get stronger every day, but I guess there was no exterior influence necessary for this .. election, to screw things up as they are?

I mean the article is about "USA strong, with hackers standing by to attack Russia, the wole russian net is being under control and influence of the US". Fine, i guess then no one has to worry.
Well, we know that the wikileaks Podesta emails were grabbed by Russian hackers, the 'Fancy Bears', who are the same group who hacked olympic medical records after the Russian doping scandal. Now how close the Fancy Bears are to Moscow is up to debate, but certainly they are working in Russias interests and the message out of Moscow at the moment is that if Clinton gets elected then the likelihood of World War Three is raised dramatically. Now, the Podesta emails were definitely influential in the US election, and Trump used them multiple times to attack Hillary with, so there's a less direct but still prejudiced Russian based influence there. If they had also dropped Trump emails then you could make the argument that they are non-biased, but there you go.
As to whether there are indications of direct Russian attempts to influence the election via the hacking of electoral machines, that's a lot less clear, and if I had to guess I'd say that it has been ruled as 'possible' so all this rhetoric is a shot across the bows of Moscow, a sort of 'Don't even try it, comrade'.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 08:23 AM   #70
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

^ Ah yes, already thought it is all about Willy-waving.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-16, 11:02 AM   #71
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:

None that they have shared publicly. I think it's just a diversion to keep people from concentrating on what the leaked messages say.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cyberwar, hackers, russia