Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by August
Now you're openly wishing for Trumps death. Can we wish for your death too without it being considered a personal attack?
I believe you can wish for it. Just not post that is your wish.
August is a hypocrite (and an ideological zealot). Actually some weeks ago when I reasoned about probabilities of living or dying myself due to my health condition if catching the virus, he expressed his joyful expectation in case of the latter scenario.

Such a charming individual is in no position to lecture others on decent behaviour - or ideologically fitting or unfitting jokes. Germany has the AfD. America has Trump. There is no principle difference. The only difference is that the AfD is far from winning a majority in national elections, and winning the chancellor's office - while Ameica has plenty of empty nuts who will give Trump a second term.
Old 05-24-20, 09:01 AM   #3677
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Such a charming individual is in no position to lecture others on decent behaviour...

Struck a nerve did I? Well you're in no position to dispense medical advice from your dads basement but that doesn't stop you now does it.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 09:51 AM   #3678
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

"Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, Jair Bolsonaro, Boris Johnson - a men's group with many things in common. It was evident all along, but it is now possible to measure how little interest these powerful have in the wellbeing of their populations.
As of mid-May 2020, these four men rule over the four countries with the most corona infections worldwide. They are unlikely to fear for their top positions so quickly, but Brazil should still move up to second place. At least.

From a liberal perspective, the search for the reason for this ranking should not be made too easy. After all, there are states that are governed more authoritarian, and with the exception of Russia, they are real democracies - again as of May 2020. The search for the reason should not be too difficult, however, because the parallels are as impressive as they are obvious . All have at least temporarily:

- the pandemic downplayed or even ignored

- the lives of vulnerable, older, sick people are considered as a disposal

- decided according to their own political, rather than scientific, standards
economic measures are given priority over health

- and finally deceived the public against better knowledge

All four combine patriarchal self-righteousness and low-empathy arrogance, and the consequences are similar: a more or less pronounced resistance to advice and the will to manipulate the public.

Clearly, a violent autocrat like Putin does it differently than a democratically confined liar like Boris Johnson. But the number of infected people speaks for itself. Because the virus spreads optimally where people are used to a certain freedom of movement on the one hand and do not change their behavior on the other hand. Despite the differences between men and power practices, the four top positions can therefore be attributed to their willingness to view reality as optional."

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 10:52 AM   #3679
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
the four top positions can therefore be attributed to their willingness to view reality as optional."
See my sig.
"Before mass leaders seize the power to fit reality to their lies, their propaganda is marked by its extreme contempt for facts as such, for in their opinion fact depends entirely on the power of man who can fabricate it.– Hannah Arendt
Old 05-24-20, 10:57 AM   #3680
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish
Sounds like a future movie (about the future) likely to include famine and people having to make a choice to feed the young and starve the elders
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 11:19 AM   #3681
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
"Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, Jair Bolsonaro, Boris Johnson - a men's group with many things in common. It was evident all along, but it is now possible to measure how little interest these powerful have in the wellbeing of their populations.
As of mid-May 2020, these four men rule over the four countries with the most corona infections worldwide. They are unlikely to fear for their top positions so quickly, but Brazil should still move up to second place. At least.

From a liberal perspective, the search for the reason for this ranking should not be made too easy. After all, there are states that are governed more authoritarian, and with the exception of Russia, they are real democracies - again as of May 2020. The search for the reason should not be too difficult, however, because the parallels are as impressive as they are obvious . All have at least temporarily:

- the pandemic downplayed or even ignored

- decided according to their own political, rather than scientific, standards
economic measures are given priority over health

- and finally deceived the public against better knowledge

All four combine patriarchal self-righteousness and low-empathy arrogance, and the consequences are similar: a more or less pronounced resistance to advice and the will to manipulate the public.

Clearly, a violent autocrat like Putin does it differently than a democratically confined liar like Boris Johnson. But the number of infected people speaks for itself. Because the virus spreads optimally where people are used to a certain freedom of movement on the one hand and do not change their behavior on the other hand. Despite the differences between men and power practices, the four top positions can therefore be attributed to their willingness to view reality as optional."

dont forget to add Carl XVI Gustaf, Macron, Sergio Mattarella to your list. I'm sure the list is longer but that would distract from you placing politics over the reality of the virus outbreak.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 12:07 PM   #3682
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
First incoming numbers now say "over 40 infections". Health services and offices frantically try to track down all those rattails of infection chains and follow-on contacts.
40 was yesterday, today the count 107 infections. Suspicous cases and follow-on contacts in quarantine were not given a number so far, one can assume these are even more.

A single, small event.
Old 05-24-20, 12:20 PM   #3683
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
the lives of vulnerable, older, sick people are considered as a disposal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
dont forget to add Carl XVI Gustaf, Macron, Sergio Mattarella to your list. I'm sure the list is longer but that would distract from you placing politics over the reality of the virus outbreak.
And of course the Democrat Governor of the state of New York Andrew Cuomo. Surely he would make this list.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 12:46 PM   #3684
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 12:48 PM   #3685
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

UK PM Boris Johnson backs his chief aide, amid allegations that he breached lockdown restrictions.

He says Dominic Cummings acted "responsibly and legally"

Several Conservative MPs had called for the adviser to be removed from his post.

Johnson says the UK can move to phase two of the easing of restrictions.

This would see some pupils in England returning to school from 1 June.

The world's deepest mine, the Mponeng gold mine in South Africa, closes after 164 people tested positive.

China's foreign minister says politicians in the US are "jumping at every opportunity to slander" his country.

Old 05-24-20, 12:56 PM   #3686
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Russia reported 153 more deaths over the previous 24 hours, the epidemic's highest daily toll there. It raises the total fatalities to 3,541

German authorities are trying to trace everyone who attended a church service in Frankfurt this month after more than 107 people tested positive for the coronavirus.

The French government does not want its citizens to travel abroad this summer and recommends they take their holidays in France, says Environment Minister Elisabeth Borne.

People living in Spain's biggest cities, Madrid and Barcelona, are eagerly anticipating the opening of parks, museums, churches and outdoor seating at bars this week.

Sri Lanka's government says it will ease lockdown measures from Tuesday. The capital, Colombo, and Gampaha district, have been under a 24-hour curfew since March.

Argentina has extended a mandatory lockdown in Buenos Aires until 7 June after the capital saw a steady increase of coronavirus cases in recent days.

Venezuela and Iran have warned the United States not to interfere with the delivery of more than a million barrels of fuel. Venezuela is suffering a shortage of refined fuel during the coronavirus crisis.

Old 05-24-20, 01:04 PM   #3687
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
Eat more bats?

Old 05-24-20, 01:09 PM   #3688
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna
People living in Spain's biggest cities, Madrid and Barcelona, are eagerly anticipating the opening of parks, museums, churches and outdoor seating at bars this week.
This is no small matter with a bar on every corner serving Tapas

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 03:41 PM   #3689
Skybird
Soaring

One careless sneeze in the kitchen, one guest sneezing carelessly, can ruin the whole wonderful buffet.

People, use your brains. No cold buffet, no not-heat food, and restaurants only where you have visual insight into the kitchen running! Some restaurants have that, as a feature. Corona virusses start to crack up only at around 70+ °C, I read. I dont want my cold salad being breathed down onto by who knows how many, and room aerosoles condensating on the salad leaves and mayo.

Personally, I quit alltpogether on bars and restaurants. But I am no big restaurant visitor anyway. Costs much money and is boring. To me, it just is not worth it, not now and not before Corona.
Old 05-24-20, 04:41 PM   #3690
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
pretty much sums it up skybird.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan