SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-21-06, 03:23 PM   #1
cosmosub
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Spec Ops??

The manual mention that "[]...The DSRV is a mini submarine used to rescue crewmen from downed submarines...[]" and "[]...The DSRV is only available if the mission creator added it to the mission...[]" at pag. 126.
The Editor manual also mention that "[]...When using an Approach Trigger to pick up pilots and Special Forces you must use this option to remove the pilot of Special Forces object from the map once the trigger is triggered...[]" at pag. 52.

Now, how can you set a mission to:
  1. engage a target with Special Forces
    (Special Forces must be
    a) deployed
    b) destroy the target and
    c) retrived)
  2. rescue crewmen from downed submarines with DSRV
    (DSRV must be
    a) deployed
    b) rescue crewmen and
    c) retrived)
  3. rescue downed pilot with DSRV
    (DSRV must be
    a) deployed
    b) rescue downed pilot and
    c) retrived)
Any idea?
cosmosub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-06, 10:13 PM   #2
Miska
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

If you launch SOF from submarine they automatically go and destroy designated target. When you want pick them up select options then select create dynamic group then give name to your group (for example SOF) then put probability to 0 and minimum 1 and maximum 1. Then create inflatable rubber craft put it where you want it appear select tactic etc etc. Now select options and then select edit dynamic group now you must move inflatable rubber craft from available objects box to selected object box. Then make trigger when you want your special operatives to appear for example if platform damage more than 99% then trigger fired and another trigger time since trigger fired 2700 sec.
On the last page on trigger select action: create objects and then select SOF. now your special operatives are coming back but they won't get onboard if you dont put attached trigger to them. put attached trigger and make it approach then if you want sub to pick them up put your sub to object to complete trigger. Then make script remove platform: inflatable rubber craft and on last page on trigger put action run script and select that script which you just made. And i almost forgot to tell that you must define trigger radius on the third page on trigger this is how close your SOF must get your sub before they are picked up. These instructions might be little confusing but it's 5am here now and i just get home from work and by the way that DSRV doesn't work.
Miska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-06, 02:53 AM   #3
cosmosub
Nub

Downloads: 5

First of all: THANK YOU for answering!
I start wondering my questions are too difficoult ... :hmm: ... sometimes it's so hard to get an answer
I'll test your suggestions and I will be glad to post here the results: hope this will help somebody else ... :|\
cosmosub is offline   Reply With Quote