SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-18-09, 07:53 AM   #241
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Downloads: 265
Uploads: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down View Post
You are fast and don't waste any time!
I've got fiber optic service this time. 2 mbps upload speed.
fred8615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-09, 08:58 PM   #242
stricksl
Nub

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

Fantastic Fred! I had managed to get the AFRS, but had not gotten around to download the music files before BTS went down, now I can add the music - excellent.

Are there any plans to add KNX and KPO ? I had 5 files from each before the end of BTS. Just curious.

Again many many thanks for these mods, I have found myself floating around the Pacific just listening to the radio...LOL.
Old 08-18-09, 10:38 PM   #243
Akula4745
Convicted Ship Killer

Location: Just out of sight... plotting your course and speed
Downloads: 371
Uploads: 1

Many thanks Fred!

"If you sit by the river long enough... the body of your enemy will float by -- SunTzu"
Akula4745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-09, 07:59 AM   #244
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricksl View Post
Fantastic Fred! I had managed to get the AFRS, but had not gotten around to download the music files before BTS went down, now I can add the music - excellent.

Are there any plans to add KNX and KPO ? I had 5 files from each before the end of BTS. Just curious.

Again many many thanks for these mods, I have found myself floating around the Pacific just listening to the radio...LOL.
Yes, all my stations will be uploaded to Silenthunter.com, and then to FileFront.
Old 08-23-09, 05:01 AM   #245
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Dl'ed AFRS, file extracted. I got a few errors, I think broken files on a few songs. Seems I've seen these many times in the past but all worked OK.

Loaded the mod folder in the radio file as usual and copied the correct lines in config. Tried all 3 options for range.

Leave Pearl, everytime I get about 300 miles from Pearl, same place get a CTD. I assume that's the line where the radio picks up.

Any Idea....are the broken links the problem. Hate to have to DL 21 files again.

Removed it, things worked fine.

I did notice file nine was a small DL..is that correct. around 893KB

Playing around, tried to open the first song and got an error message....something about codac may not be supported for windows media player. All the other songs play fine...the several I tried.

Last edited by Armistead; 08-23-09 at 05:14 AM.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 05:05 AM   #246
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

If any of you have errors, you could run Digital Truckers small radio program, which checks the radio stations for errors, find them and let you fix them...

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-09, 11:36 PM   #247
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default after months of trying

I could never get this radio thing right. I tried your suggestion and Digital Trucker's months ago, spent hours on them and gave up. I finally got it right. All the channels play now except fot KPO which was not receiving unrtil a few minutes ago. I moved it to channel 10 from channel 102, and I am getting reception. Nothing will play until the next day of the game calendar in November 1943, but when it does, I will finally have your radio fully operational. Whew and what a relief.

Last edited by I'm goin' down; 08-23-09 at 11:48 PM.
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-09, 09:04 AM   #248
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Dl'ed AFRS, file extracted. I got a few errors, I think broken files on a few songs. Seems I've seen these many times in the past but all worked OK.

Loaded the mod folder in the radio file as usual and copied the correct lines in config. Tried all 3 options for range.

Leave Pearl, everytime I get about 300 miles from Pearl, same place get a CTD. I assume that's the line where the radio picks up.

Any Idea....are the broken links the problem. Hate to have to DL 21 files again.

Removed it, things worked fine.

I did notice file nine was a small DL..is that correct. around 893KB

Playing around, tried to open the first song and got an error message....something about codac may not be supported for windows media player. All the other songs play fine...the several I tried.
Sounds like you had a download problem because the files all show as the proper size on the server. I hate to say it, but you may need to download again.

And FTR, all the stations are formatted properly, and will not cause any CTDs due to missing files or such. So if it does do that, you had an extraction error.
Old 08-26-09, 07:50 AM   #249
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

I'll just use window media player outside the game....3 hours is a long time. Two others did fine.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 09:46 AM   #250
johan_d
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 1

great! downloading as I type.. lol

do you happen also have music from around let say 1948-1952 ? would be perfect when playing Fallout 3.
?

Johan
johan_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 10:19 AM   #251
Dimitrius07
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

fred8615

Hi. I wanted to ask you something if you have time.
I downloaded and installed KNX radion station, everything work as a clock. The only thing that i notice is the sound level too low. I worked at some audio files and made them louder. Do you mind if i will upload it when finished?

P.S Sorry about my English
Old 09-01-09, 11:01 AM   #252
fred8615
Saint of the seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan_d View Post
great! downloading as I type.. lol

do you happen also have music from around let say 1948-1952 ? would be perfect when playing Fallout 3.
?
Some of the music in the Hawaiian file may be from after 1945, but I don't know from which year exactly. Other than that, no, I don't have anything from after 1945.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrius07 View Post
Hi. I wanted to ask you something if you have time.
I downloaded and installed KNX radion station, everything work as a clock. The only thing that i notice is the sound level too low. I worked at some audio files and made them louder. Do you mind if i will upload it when finished?
If you're talking about just a few files that you fixed, no problem. I don't own them.

The radio audio has always been low overall compared to the rest of the game. I just turn the master volume on my computer up before starting, and everything sounds fine.
Old 09-01-09, 11:26 AM   #253
Distortion
A-ganger

Downloads: 194

Many thanks for these files, downloading now.
Distortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 12:31 PM   #254
I'm goin' down
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 813
Default 1948 -1952

Don't forget "How much is that doggie in the window?)

Welcome back Fred!
I'm goin' down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-09, 04:48 PM   #255
Dimitrius07
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
If you're talking about just a few files that you fixed, no problem. I don't own them.

The radio audio has always been low overall compared to the rest of the game. I just turn the master volume on my computer up before starting, and everything sounds fine.
Its not a fix its just a higher volume effect. Usualy in Sh3 and Sh4 a had same problems with additional music, its probably depends on system since i have master volume on max.
I manage to finish folder 1941-1942 and 43. I show you what i`am doing in small picture latter.

Tags
music, radio, radio stations