SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-08, 09:00 AM   #241
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

i was just about to start scratching my head on this matter...i noticed that Maraz seemed to have a similar problem before

glad you sorted it out h.sie

There should be no problem with German language - all the tools are named only in German, and the actual game files don't matter which language you use
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 09:06 AM   #242
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131

if my mod-merging works well in english game version too, it could be an idea to add it to the list of sh3-mods? but first, some people have to test it out.
h.sie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 09:21 AM   #243
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Well, how about i add your file to the front page? Would that be OK with you?
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
Old 08-13-08, 09:29 AM   #244
meduza
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 40

h.sie, your solution works well, thanx.

But, it seams that the TW_Peri_TDC mod removes the GWX sliding compass rose ,and I'm kind of grown fond of it.

Now I either have to remove TW_Peri_TDC from your combined mod (which i'm not sure how to), or I'm back to square one.

I'd appreciate any help.

edit: the Maraz's solution also didn't help, as I could find the relative data in my menu_1027_768.ini
meduza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 09:45 AM   #245
h.sie
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman
Well, how about i add your file to the front page? Would that be OK with you?
oops, suddenly i start to hesitate a little bit. first, this combination-mod was for my private use only, so that there was no reason to follow the modding etiquette, which i have discovered just now. i did not even know about that modding etiquette.

but as i saw, that the mod-combination worked well for me, i wanted to share it with other people (who often helped me), so that they don't have to do the time-consuming editing work in the menu1024.ini and dials.cfg.

but now, it seems to become official, so that i think, that i have to follow the modding etiquette belated. that means, i have to ask the creators of the underlying 3 mods for permission to merge their mods; especially Ducimus, because i have modified his mod a little, little bit.........am i right?

another thought: i have no time and no knowledge to give good support for that thing.......

h.sie
Old 08-13-08, 09:50 AM   #246
h.sie
Admiral

no, meduza, i have "removed" the compass rose, because i dont like it. you can easily reactivate it.

in the menu1024_768.ini you will find the following:

[G3F I339]
Name=Heading; FLB Sale`s 6 Anzeigen, Kompass
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F010021; 0x3F1D0000
ParentID=0x3F010020; 0x3F010000
;Pos=0,0,344,344
Pos=10000,0,344,344 <------ !!
Color=0xFFFFFFFF

you only have to comment-out the line "Pos=10000,0,344,344" with an ";"
and to reactivate the original line "Pos=0,0,344,344" by deleting the ";" in front of it.
Old 08-13-08, 09:54 AM   #247
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Aah yes! The minefield, well you can leave it as it is, if you prefer
Old 08-13-08, 09:59 AM   #248
h.sie
Admiral

if it works well for some of the people here, i will add an short english readme, and then it's okay for the mods list.
Old 08-13-08, 10:42 AM   #249
meduza
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 40

Thanx, h.sie! Everything now works as is supposed to. I still don't know what I messed up when I tried to merge two mods.

And of course, thanx to joegrundman for creating the mod in the first place.

Now that I'm equipped with the right tools, I can go on my next patrol.
meduza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-08, 01:27 PM   #250
h.sie
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by meduza
Thanx, h.sie! Everything now works as is supposed to. I still don't know what I messed up when I tried to merge two mods.
And of course, thanx to joegrundman for creating the mod in the first place. Now that I'm equipped with the right tools, I can go on my next patrol.

nice to read that. in the meantime i tried to contact Ducimus in order to (belatedly) ask for his permission to (slightly) modify and integrate his mod in "my" combimod, but in his subsim-profile i found no email-address or any other way to contact him. his website http://www.ducimus.net/ does also not offer any way to contact. his last post in this forum was 5-6 weeks ago.

does anybody know how to contact him???

h.sie
Old 08-14-08, 05:18 AM   #251
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

he isn't around at the moment, but i believe his opinion regarding mod permission can betaken from the Trigger Maru 1 st post in the SH4 mod forum

Quote:
- You otherwise don't need "permission" for anything. The Trigger Maru mod was compiled for the love of the game, and appreciation for the History behind the game. This mod is presented as a community works, for the bennfit of all. The compling author (Ducimus), takes no credit for any of the specific works cited. Any specfic design or modification by the compiling author, anyone is free to use as they see fit in any modification they desire, so long as it is not used in any commercial product of any size, shape, or form.
So i think it more than likely that an acknowledgment will suffice. Besides he left the SH3 scene some time ago.
Old 08-14-08, 06:00 AM   #252
h.sie
Admiral

ok! in the meantime, i made an english readme, so that you can add the combimod to your sh3-mods-list, if you want. the related post is:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140680

greetings,
h.sie
Old 08-28-08, 03:11 PM   #253
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9

Hi ... !

Wich version do i need to download ? I am user of a personalized version of WAC, wich uses a 10X full magnification periscope sight.

Is DIY the correct version ?

Thanks in advance !
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-08, 03:30 AM   #254
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

if it has a 10x mag, then you should use the GWX 1.3.1 DIY version - that's probably the best bet, as that includes the AOB finder for 10x magnification.

However the obs scope tool is also slightly different, 4.5x instead of the stock 4x, but it's not a big deal and i find i rarely use the tool in the obs scope.

joe
Old 08-29-08, 05:21 AM   #255
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundman
if it has a 10x mag, then you should use the GWX 1.3.1 DIY version - that's probably the best bet, as that includes the AOB finder for 10x magnification.

However the obs scope tool is also slightly different, 4.5x instead of the stock 4x, but it's not a big deal and i find i rarely use the tool in the obs scope.

joe
Many thanks for info...
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote