SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-16-12, 12:21 PM   #1441
Wenck
Nub

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
If you tried enabling TDW's patches before applying the official patch 1.2, you might have messed something. The autoupdater is bugged: you should always patch to v 1.2 manually.

You don't have to replace any file yourself: just run the 1.2 patch and wait for the message saying that the game was patched successfully. That simple.

All in all, my suggestion is to reinstall the game once more (doing it in the default folder is okay for most people) and to follow strictly these instructions by Trevally:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...39#post1926439

Don't forget to use TDW's patch AFTER updating to SH5 v 1.2
I was using TDW patch after updating the game. Nevertheless, i've tried again. Reinstalled the game, updated manually to 1.2, follow Trevally's guide... same as before. I have included a screenshot of my files so you can see is there's something wrong...

Some older version i can try with?
Wenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 12:30 PM   #1442
Wenck
Nub

Downloads: 39

Oh my gosh! It was the firewall!!!
Funny thing is that i tried closing it and it didn't work, and now i was like... ummm... dunno i'm gonna try adding the folder to the exclusion list... yeah! voila!.

God, thanks Comodo, 4 hours of my life wasted.

BTW, thanks for helping.
Wenck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-12, 12:57 PM   #1443
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenck View Post
Oh my gosh! It was the firewall!!!
Funny thing is that i tried closing it and it didn't work, and now i was like... ummm... dunno i'm gonna try adding the folder to the exclusion list... yeah! voila!.

God, thanks Comodo, 4 hours of my life wasted.

BTW, thanks for helping.
De nada

Se me olvidó decirte que unos antivirus reconocen y bloquean el patcher de TDW, a pesar que el programa mismo sea inocuo.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-12, 08:49 PM   #1444
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Tested the contacts have random chance of calling in wolfpack . Sighted a task force and then while surfaced clicked on the radio officer and sent a contact report . I decided not to shadow it because of direction speed etc and later on i met a uboat heading towards me . After a while the uboat dived and i proceeded on my route . Everything works as intended .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-12, 01:41 PM   #1445
Dogfish40
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
Tested the contacts have random chance of calling in wolfpack . Sighted a task force and then while surfaced clicked on the radio officer and sent a contact report . I decided not to shadow it because of direction speed etc and later on i met a uboat heading towards me . After a while the uboat dived and i proceeded on my route . Everything works as intended .
I had the experience (similar somewhat to yours) where I was really headed home. I ran into a convoy and sent a contact report. Got a responce from BDU, " all boats in your area coming to [aid], follow the convoy but do not be detected" or something to that effect. I wanted to continue my journey home, I had a long way to go but, orders is orders. Game hr goes by and I'm getting further and further from my course but sound detects the first boat, then a second. I get a message from the U-____ saying they will proceed to attack from the far side of the convoy. This "wolfpack" patch works very well. The only time when the patchs had a problem in my game was because I had left an old, old patch open, not knowing any better at the time. A smple reinstall of the exe took care of this. I always keep a fresh exe copy in a safe folder now, just for this type of problem.
D40
Old 01-02-13, 01:36 AM   #1446
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Default Problem

After completely missing these fixes after I finally got around to installing these. I enabled most all the patches and I'm having an issue. How does independent engine control work? I cant seem to get my speed below 12 knots. no matter what I do. Flank goes faster...but ahead slow or all stop or even full reverse wont stop my U-boat. So im assuming one of the shafts is not being ordered to do anything. Or is this a bug?

Edit: In addition....when in the control room...both engines are on all stop...but speed continues at about 11-12 knots. Edit 2....so while looking at what I think is engine RPM gauges (starboard balkhead)....my Left or Port engine is stuck at 490 units...while my right/starboard engine responds to engine commands. So how do I control that Port engine?

Last edited by finchOU; 01-02-13 at 02:13 AM.
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 03:44 PM   #1447
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
After completely missing these fixes after I finally got around to installing these. I enabled most all the patches and I'm having an issue. How does independent engine control work? I cant seem to get my speed below 12 knots. no matter what I do. Flank goes faster...but ahead slow or all stop or even full reverse wont stop my U-boat. So im assuming one of the shafts is not being ordered to do anything. Or is this a bug?

Edit: In addition....when in the control room...both engines are on all stop...but speed continues at about 11-12 knots. Edit 2....so while looking at what I think is engine RPM gauges (starboard balkhead)....my Left or Port engine is stuck at 490 units...while my right/starboard engine responds to engine commands. So how do I control that Port engine?
Separate engine control patch is just for testing - no other mods should be installed. It is rough and not completed yet, so its better in Your case just to disable it.

P.S. I've experienced the same problems as You discribed here
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 04:09 PM   #1448
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
Separate engine control patch is just for testing - no other mods should be installed. It is rough and not completed yet, so its better in Your case just to disable it.

P.S. I've experienced the same problems as You discribed here
The patch works correctly using the NewUIs 7.2.0 test

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 05:16 PM   #1449
SixthFall
Seaman

Downloads: 125

Hey all, I have the steam version of tha game and was wondering if i am still unable to get my hydrophone working, or if a solution has been found.
SixthFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 05:25 PM   #1450
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

unfortunately no..

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
Old 01-02-13, 06:00 PM   #1451
SixthFall
Seaman

Downloads: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
unfortunately no..
Darn, well that sucks. Thanks anyway!
SixthFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-13, 09:27 PM   #1452
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77

Sooooo....can I undo this patch underway or do I need to be back at port like some MODS?
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 05:51 AM   #1453
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchOU View Post
Sooooo....can I undo this patch underway or do I need to be back at port like some MODS?
You can disable it at anytime and anywhere..

Old 01-03-13, 03:45 PM   #1454
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodya61 View Post
The patch works correctly using the NewUIs 7.2.0 test
I have NewUIs 7.2.0, but with the other > 80 mods installed the patch re. separate engine contol doesn't work correctly
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 04:06 PM   #1455
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad29 View Post
I have NewUIs 7.2.0, but with the other > 80 mods installed the patch re. separate engine contol doesn't work correctly
The seperate engine control atm is a test . To be tested with just 1 mod installed afaik . Dont enable it with the patcher if using the campaign with other mods .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote