SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-23-11, 01:33 PM   #121
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldric View Post
Hi TDW!

Wouldn't it be possible to do the following (just an idea):

- Use your dll-injection method to hook into a common action in game (in the very beginning after loading a saved game)
- create a method in the dll to overwrite the values in memory instead of patching the .exe.

--> In this way you could also add an option (e.g. for the colors) to the GUI...

Impossible?

Meldric
impossible no, possible yes but I would use an easier method. I would just write to the memory in game! As my .dlls are already in the process memory I can manipulate it. It's a great idea to change colors on the fly. I'll add it to my list of things to look into Colors could be set just like I've done with the scope settings using the mousewheel for each color component.

As far as for steam it's not possible to do because I don't own the steam version of the game and thus cannot 'see' the memory to verify the colors are located where they are in the boxed versions.

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-23-11 at 01:49 PM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 02:19 PM   #122
d3vnu11
Bosun

Downloads: 94
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
impossible no, possible yes but I would use an easier method. I would just write to the memory in game! As my .dlls are already in the process memory I can manipulate it. It's a great idea to change colors on the fly. I'll add it to my list of things to look into Colors could be set just like I've done with the scope settings using the mousewheel for each color component.

As far as for steam it's not possible to do because I don't own the steam version of the game and thus cannot 'see' the memory to verify the colors are located where they are in the boxed versions.
Yeah I was making the assumption that Steam just takes the box version and wraps their drm around it. It authenticate then extracts the the sh5 code and executes. I no longer run the Steam version either but I could install it to verify once you get something together
Regards,
Kev
d3vnu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 10:55 PM   #123
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Finally nailed down the memory locations for:
- Compressed air level
- CO2 level
- Battery level
- Fuel level

just about got the hull integrity and flooding level memory locations nailed down also.

Now things can start to get really interesting
Old 03-23-11, 11:07 PM   #124
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
- Compressed air level
- CO2 level
- Battery level
- Fuel level

just about got the hull integrity and flooding level memory locations nailed down also.

Amazing
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 11:09 PM   #125
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 11:13 PM   #126
nozaurio
Planesman

Downloads: 65

nozaurio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-11, 11:41 PM   #127
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

Quote:
- Compressed air level
- CO2 level
- Battery level
- Fuel level

can be found here and about the magnetic detonator?
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-11, 06:37 AM   #128
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Hi TheDarkWraith!
Based on your breakthroughs in improving SH5 I'll try to make a couple of suggestions:
1. Is it possible to do so during the bombardment of depth charges in the boat, the flickering light. Or there is blackout for a few seconds?
2. This question may have already asked - can we make manual control of lighting inside the boat? That is, if necessary, to switch white, red or blue light?
Old 03-24-11, 06:51 AM   #129
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

right now I'm concentrating on adding usable functionality as follows:
- if speed > safe speed for extended periscope then automatically retract periscope and prevent periscope from rising until speed is reduced
- if silent running is active then CO2 production is increased (due to stress of crew)
- if battlestations is active then CO2 production is increased (due to stress of crew)

just narrowed down where the depth value is in memory. Now just have to find the speed value and periscope extended heights values.

What is the maximum speed the sub can be at for a raised periscope
Old 03-24-11, 06:57 AM   #130
Obelix
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 7

Quote:
As far as I know, the maximum speed with a raised periscope 6-7 knots, with higher speeds there are risks of pipe bend periscope.
Old 03-24-11, 06:58 AM   #131
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
right now I'm concentrating on adding usable functionality as follows:
- if speed > safe speed for extended periscope then automatically retract periscope and prevent periscope from rising until speed is reduced
- if silent running is active then CO2 production is increased (due to stress of crew)
- if battlestations is active then CO2 production is increased (due to stress of crew)

just narrowed down where the depth value is in memory. Now just have to find the speed value and periscope extended heights values.

http://www.uboatarchive.net/Manual.htm
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-11, 07:17 AM   #132
unionemerald
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I managed to fix the broken hydrophone station, and the references new entries in menu.text with a hex editor.
Two questions:

1. Do I still have to edit my menu.text file when using the NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith.

2.Can someone explain me (if possible with a clear example), what digits have to be changed to change the colours, and what digits have to be used for the different possible colours. I can find the values, but the rest is like a little bit chinese to me.

Last edited by unionemerald; 03-26-11 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-26-11, 10:33 AM   #133
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionemerald View Post
I managed to fix the broken hydrophone station, and the references new entries in menu.text with a hex editor.
Two questions:

1. Do I still have to edit my menu.text file when using the NewUIs_TDC_6_4_0_ByTheDarkWraith.

2.Can someone explain me (if possible with a clear example), what digits have to be changed to change the colours, and what digits have to be used for the different possible colours. I can find the values, but the rest is like a little bit chinese to me.
1. no. I made all the changes already for all the languages supported

2. Re-read post #1. It explains everything.
Old 03-26-11, 02:47 PM   #134
unionemerald
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I know it's all quite logic to you, but not really to me.
First of all, I'm not familiar with a hex editor (used it for the first time), and second, english isn't my mother tongue. So I try to understand your explanation given in post #1, but it's not that simple. All what I'm asking for, is to give me a simple and clear example on how to change the colours of the toolmarks into the other possible colours.
B.T.W. I know you're doing one hell of a job with this game, but you must understand that a big part of the members on this forum (unfortunately) don't have the same knowledge like you. Otherwise SH5 would be a perfect game in no time!
Old 03-26-11, 03:07 PM   #135
Teiwaz
Seaman

Downloads: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionemerald View Post
I know it's all quite logic to you, but not really to me.
First of all, I'm not familiar with a hex editor (used it for the first time), and second, english isn't my mother tongue. So I try to understand your explanation given in post #1, but it's not that simple. All what I'm asking for, is to give me a simple and clear example on how to change the colours of the toolmarks into the other possible colours.
B.T.W. I know you're doing one hell of a job with this game, but you must understand that a big part of the members on this forum (unfortunately) don't have the same knowledge like you. Otherwise SH5 would be a perfect game in no time!
Every HEX-Editor has an option that says something like "go to adress" or "jump to adress". You click that and then you enter something like "0xA8C43" or "A8C43" (depends on editor; see post #1 for those adresses - the 0x part is just an indicator that the following is a HEX number). Now just enter/type in the new value (see post #1 for those values).

For different RGB color codes you might find this site come in handy:
http://www.farb-tabelle.de/en/table-of-color.htm

Don't forget you need a ARGB value (A - Alpha Channel or opacity), I would go with just FF (100% opacity) for this.
Teiwaz is offline   Reply With Quote