SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-30-24, 06:55 AM   #2011
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 584
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post

Next update should come in only few days now

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-24, 01:29 PM   #2012
Silentmauri89
Seaman

Downloads: 207
Uploads: 0
Default Mediterranean only mod

Hi Fifi, how do you properly use the 'Med only mod' properly. Every time I attempt to cross Gibraltar and I reach Ceuta ( more or less, because you made it quite impossible to cross the strait - my congratulations.) The game CTD...
I tried following your indication, but whatever I do, it goes
to CTD.
Can you explain me what is the correct way to make it work?
It only works if I start in Toulon In September 1943.
Thank you.
Silentmauri89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-24, 02:02 PM   #2013
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3217

Quote:
Latest AlexB small Capetan added also

Have increased the convoys ships spacement from 700 to 1000m for convoys of first war years (for night surface attack). Others remain as it was.

Next update should come in only few days now

Good news! Many thanks FiFi.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-24, 01:04 AM   #2014
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmauri89 View Post
Hi Fifi, how do you properly use the 'Med only mod' properly. Every time I attempt to cross Gibraltar and I reach Ceuta ( more or less, because you made it quite impossible to cross the strait - my congratulations.) The game CTD...
I tried following your indication, but whatever I do, it goes
to CTD.
Can you explain me what is the correct way to make it work?
It only works if I start in Toulon In September 1943.
Thank you.
Did you tried with or without the Med mod?
From memory, best is to reach Med harbors without the mod activated, and then activate it before first official patrol there.
Otherwise I need more information on when the CTD occurs exactly.
Place on map, date, ships around or planes etc…
Note: all this part of game was made by Stiebler team; I didn’t touched it (yet)

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-24, 01:47 AM   #2015
Silentmauri89
Seaman

Icon11 Gibraltar strait

Quote:
Did you tried with or without the Med mod?
From memory, best is to reach Med harbors without the mod activated, and then activate it before first official patrol there.
Otherwise I need more information on when the CTD occurs exactly.
Place on map, date, ships around or planes etc…
Note: all this part of game was made by Stiebler team; I didn’t touched it (yet)

I tried in different ways:
- I tried without the mod, heading to G.strait at the end of November ( by installing new batteries, so I leave around 29 th )and once I receive the message that the base was changed to La spezia, I force the passage; CTD in grid CG9596 - High traffic of destroyers and PTboats ( no problems until that grid - and I get wildly chased and bombed)
- I tried without mod leaving Brest in December, with the mission briefing already telling me to end my patrol in Las spezia; CTD in grid CG9596 - High traffic, bad weather, and a convoy on the surface ( But again, until that grid, I don't have any issue );
-I tried by installing the 'med enhanced mod' and with La spezia as a base; CTD at half of the loading bar;
- I even tried To start in December 41 from La spezia and without mod; CTD on the loading bar.
All the time I approach the Strait by slithering very close to the african coast, but no matter what I do, It CTDs in grid CG9596. I thought it was the case to ask, because it crashes even on the loading bar. The mods I have installed, never caused me a CTD until now, and I've been playing pushing hard, and your mod is very Stable. It looks like La spezia Is not even there - but if I start from Toulon with the Med-enhanced mod, no problem, and the game runs smooth ( And planes and Destroyer at that point we're are a pain...
Could you test it to verify the problem?
If you need more infos, just tell me.
Old 01-31-24, 04:21 AM   #2016
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
I tried in different ways:
- I tried without the mod, heading to G.strait at the end of November ( by installing new batteries, so I leave around 29 th )and once I receive the message that the base was changed to La spezia, I force the passage; CTD in grid CG9596 - High traffic of destroyers and PTboats ( no problems until that grid - and I get wildly chased and bombed)
- I tried without mod leaving Brest in December, with the mission briefing already telling me to end my patrol in Las spezia; CTD in grid CG9596 - High traffic, bad weather, and a convoy on the surface ( But again, until that grid, I don't have any issue );
-I tried by installing the 'med enhanced mod' and with La spezia as a base; CTD at half of the loading bar;
- I even tried To start in December 41 from La spezia and without mod; CTD on the loading bar.
All the time I approach the Strait by slithering very close to the african coast, but no matter what I do, It CTDs in grid CG9596. I thought it was the case to ask, because it crashes even on the loading bar. The mods I have installed, never caused me a CTD until now, and I've been playing pushing hard, and your mod is very Stable. It looks like La spezia Is not even there - but if I start from Toulon with the Med-enhanced mod, no problem, and the game runs smooth ( And planes and Destroyer at that point we're are a pain...
Could you test it to verify the problem?
If you need more infos, just tell me.
Thanks
Ok, it seems problem is lying in grid CG9596… some unit (plane or ship) is giving CTD when spawning in this grid for instance … will have a look, but those issues can be hard to find
Until then, best is to stay in Atlantic … or directly start Med campaign in La Spezia when base will be available via Commander with Med files mod activated (and not try to pass Gibraltar of course)

Old 01-31-24, 05:09 AM   #2017
Tabris
Gunner

Downloads: 171

speaking of the Med, I have a question about the campaign files. How come there are so many Hippers and Bismarcks in the Med in 1940? Since the player isn't supposed to be in the Med during that time, I'm guessing it serves some sort of under-the-hood purpose, so to speak?

Specifically, for those curious: search for "Naples Convoy 1141" and "AJ17" in the scripted layer.

- Tabris

PS, I have spent the last several days fiddling with the Type XXI in this mod. I have fixed the incorrect battery charge indicator and speedometer readouts, corrected the propulsion and range parameters to resemble real-life values (370nm underwater endurance, ~4.5hr to recharge from 60% battery), and applied some changes to improve the boat's stability as per Evan82's recommendations. Slow surfacing is still a problem, though it's easy to mitigate by ordering "surface," ordering "blow ballast" once the boat has reached about 9m, then ordering "depth 0 meters" as soon as the crew appear on deck so you don't burn all your compressed air. Sadly I was wholly unable to do anything about "radar destroyed!" despite several hours of attempts to make sense of it. If anyone is interested I'm happy to share the relevant files which should make the XXI at least playable.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-24, 07:27 AM   #2018
Plissken_04
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 522

@Tabris

if your Type XXI Boat uses the Fumo-391 Radar, then download the Radar Fix for it, under following link.

https://gofile.me/2YNK2/gHWYEXx7b
Plissken_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-24, 08:38 AM   #2019
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
speaking of the Med, I have a question about the campaign files. How come there are so many Hippers and Bismarcks in the Med in 1940? Since the player isn't supposed to be in the Med during that time, I'm guessing it serves some sort of under-the-hood purpose, so to speak?
Yes, those are left over units in Med from old Stiebler Med campaign.
Bismarck & Hipper units were to simulate Italian heavy warships he didn’t have physically.
But as you said you are not supposed to be in Mediterranean at this time…
Or without my new Med campaign files activated!
You shouldn’t go in Med without the new Med files activated AND at the incorrect time
Have to totally delete them one day …

Old 01-31-24, 10:00 AM   #2020
Silentmauri89
Seaman

Icon9

Quote:
Thanks
Ok, it seems problem is lying in grid CG9596… some unit (plane or ship) is giving CTD when spawning in this grid for instance … will have a look, but those issues can be hard to find
Until then, best is to stay in Atlantic … or directly start Med campaign in La Spezia when base will be available via Commander with Med files mod activated (and not try to pass Gibraltar of course)

I just tried that. It CTDs...nothing seems to work...
Old 01-31-24, 10:10 AM   #2021
Silentmauri89
Seaman

Icon9

Quote:
Thanks

I tried using Sh3 with and without commander. I loaded the Med only mod and started a campaign form La spezia in Dec 41 for both of the options ...CTD...
Old 01-31-24, 10:43 AM   #2022
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
I tried using Sh3 with and without commander. I loaded the Med only mod and started a campaign form La spezia in Dec 41 for both of the options ...CTD...
Of course, you activate the Med only files ON TOP of standalone mod?
Old 01-31-24, 10:46 AM   #2023
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Ok it has been corrected … no more German heavy warships in Med now… even if you don’t have to be there before La Spezia availability

Old 01-31-24, 11:04 AM   #2024
Silentmauri89
Seaman

Icon14

Quote:
Of course, you activate the Med only files ON TOP of standalone mod?
Yes, Sir. Of course.
Old 01-31-24, 11:56 AM   #2025
Silentmauri89
Seaman

Icon7 Imperia SCR file

Quote:
Thanks

I just realized by checking the SCR.mis for "med enhanced only mod" ,that in "Imperia base" there are naval units, but Imperia base is not even on the map anymore in the game. Could it cause the CTD, Fifi? As long as I know, it could .