SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-14-20, 06:51 PM   #391
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Some thoughts based on other countries action.

Somewhere in the 80's, in the middle or in the end Swedish tv showed a documentary about Argentina before, during and after the Falkland war.

It's problems in the society and so on before they invaded Malvinas.

In this program, the host(English speaking) said the end of the Juntas was the mistake they did by invading Falkland island.

So my thoughts are-by this terrible thing that happened last week, will this mean the end of this Iranian regime ?

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-20, 08:24 PM   #392
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

^ Most likely: No.

You can comoare the Revolutinary Guards to the SS in Nazi germany. Its a state vwithin the state, corrupt officers control precious, profitable key parts of the economy for their own profit, their troops are unscruplolous, and well-armed.

Then there is the Basij militia, paramilitary, but quickly and easily to mobilize and beign called to the street. They receive orders from the RG, and were founded by Khomenei himself. They are kind of auxiliaries, and this also outside of Iraq, engaging in extraterritorial activity, from terrorism to police duties, sentry duty to mercenary fighting in other coutnries, inclduing Syria, Libya and Lebanon. Oversees, many of their acitvites were criminal terrorist, and gave them a bad reptuation sot hat they cnanot escape to other places if they loose their base in Iran. For this reason, they will fight to their death if the regime is beign atacked. They have no other choice. They are armed.

The regular army - shows no sign of becoming disloyal to the regime. Obviously, it is armed.

Dissatisfaciton may be widesprea din civil society, but then still many are wantign conservative Islam, and most of all: Iranians are very extremely patriotic. Here lies a big trap that the West repeaterlx already stepped into: to completely wron.-estimate how the public would react to poressure form outside. The visible face of the dissatisfied poublic, are the younger generaiton goping to the streets, like already back in the nineties when there was the first youth uprise (which I witnessed on location). They are not armed.

If the street tries to topple the regime, the regime will, if needed, prject that ammount of brutlaity and lethal poower it sees as needed to survive. Its not the first uprise they cracked down on.

If give it 1:3 by chances that there will be successful regime change and an end to the tyranny of the mullahs. Its not impossiblel but imo not likely ion the coming months and few years. I am not even certain that I will live long enopugh to see it happening: could be, but probbaly it will not happen. Maybe they will reshuffle the names on the boards. But lets not be mistaken: amongst those mullahs for whom the seats at the head of the table are in reach, there are no and there never were moderates. That has always just been a misperception, a misunderstanding, a wishful thought of the West. None of their past leaders, religious or political, was truly a moderate. None. Not one. They only varied in their level of raffinesse by which they hid it and manipulated the Western diplomats, these fools. The whole design of the political structure of Iran's constitutional order prevents that, by wanted design. Iran was designed not to allow "moderate Islam". They track modern Iran back to Khomenei. And Khomenei was much, but certainly no "moderate". In fact he was bitterly, unforgivingly determined.
Old 01-15-20, 06:48 AM   #393
Skybird
Soaring

On a sidenote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51103686
In Iran, violations like this are a very serious issue.

That certain Western feminists defend the hijab as an expression of female's free choice and freedom, will forver be beyond me and illustrates another reason why I see them as intellectually very retarded.

This women may have not thought about it before, but then she showed a certain stubborness and anger that I ike. Courage like this deserves our support. Too many women flee from arab and Islamic countries and think they win safety when being here in the west, and in stead are beign let down and even see us bowing to Islamci rules and laws before our own Western courts, calling that respect for foreign culture and "human rights". Makes me want to vomit in these peoples faces. Saying this as somebody who has helped and supported apostates in the past.
Old 01-16-20, 11:27 AM   #394
Moonlight
Admiral

Downloads: 184

I'm sure someone as high profile as Shohreh Bayat will be given sanctuary in another country pretty damn quick.

Threats, that's what these Iranian leaders prefer to do, how can you ever negotiate with such a backwards thinking leadership.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/107486...o-pieces-iran/
Old 01-17-20, 07:52 AM   #395
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said European nations including the UK "cannot be trusted" but Tehran is not against negotiating with anyone - except the US.

Giving his first sermon in eight years in Tehran, the top cleric branded Donald Trump a "clown" who only pretended to support the Iranian people and would "push a poisonous dagger" into their back.

Mr Khamenei also hailed missile strikes against US targets in retaliation for the assassination of Iran's top military commander as a "slap on the face" to the superpower.

https://news.sky.com/story/iran-will...eader-11910532

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 10:13 AM   #396
Skybird
Soaring

What he said, is not so relevant.

THAT he held a sermon in the wake of recent protests after the airliner wrecking is the relevant news here. And its a declaration of war against the protesters: "See, here I am, and I will not go away."

The regime has no intention to give in. And why should it, btw? Because of - protests...?
Old 01-17-20, 02:54 PM   #397
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
On a sidenote:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51103686
In Iran, violations like this are a very serious issue.

That certain Western feminists defend the hijab as an expression of female's free choice and freedom, will forver be beyond me and illustrates another reason why I see them as intellectually very retarded.

This women may have not thought about it before, but then she showed a certain stubborness and anger that I ike. Courage like this deserves our support. Too many women flee from arab and Islamic countries and think they win safety when being here in the west, and in stead are beign let down and even see us bowing to Islamci rules and laws before our own Western courts, calling that respect for foreign culture and "human rights". Makes me want to vomit in these peoples faces. Saying this as somebody who has helped and supported apostates in the past.
When Linda Sarsour started preaching Sharia law by name at the big women's march and all the liberal feminist started cheering shows you exactly how stupid they are.

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-20, 06:11 PM   #398
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

In our prime time news on Danish TV, some expert on Middle east said, Iran is not interested in a conflict with USA.

When he said this I was thinking...most likely they are not.
They will lose what they have and dictators have some kind of love to their throne.

Markus
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 07:03 AM   #399
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

As long as they simply call each other names abd trade insults I'm relatively fine with that.

I doubt Iran will want to provoke the POTUS further in military terms because they are well aware how unpredictable he can be.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 01:28 PM   #400
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
As long as they simply call each other names abd trade insults I'm relatively fine with that.

I doubt Iran will want to provoke the POTUS further in military terms because they are well aware how unpredictable he can be.
...and painfully aware they are 'the gang that can't shoot straight' anyway without killing the kids or as the Ru$$ian arm$ merchant$ of the Tor love to $ay: "Mullah-Mullah BBY"!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-18-20 at 01:36 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 02:52 PM   #401
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I think Iran is up to no good ... they want to get even some how
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-20, 03:15 PM   #402
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
... they want to get even some how
VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYETH THE LORD (Deuteronomy 32:35; Romans 12: 19. ).....I WONDER IF ALLAH SAID THE SAME ??!!

Romans 12:17-19 New King James Version (NKJV) 17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Old 01-18-20, 03:23 PM   #403
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
VENGEANCE IS MINE SAYETH THE LORD (Deuteronomy 32:35; Romans 12: 19. ).....I WONDER IF ALLAH SAID THE SAME ??!!

Romans 12:17-19 New King James Version (NKJV) 17 Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord.
I think so ... they still believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth too, because they still think that the God of Abraham is their God. In fact they believe in the Torah and the OT up to Isaiah.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Muslim...7E7B62C286F5EE

Quote:
The history of Islam concerns the political, social, economic and developments of Islamicate civilization. Most historians believe that Islam originated in Mecca and Medina at the start of the 7th century CE, approximately 600 years after the founding of Christianity. Muslims, however, believe that it did not start with Muhammad, but that it was the original faith of others whom they regard as prophets, such as Jesus, David, Moses, Abraham, Noah and Adam.
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 07:41 AM   #404
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I think so ... they still believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth too, because they still think that the God of Abraham is their God. In fact they believe in the Torah and the OT up to Isaiah.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Muslim...7E7B62C286F5EE

Whats wrong with "eye for an eye tooth for a tooth"? If a worker loses an eye on the job and its found that its the fault of the tool maker. It doesnt mean you take the tool makers eye out. What if the tool maker already is missing one and you went and took his remaining eye. You could still see and he would now be blind. Jeebus Mr. Quatro, Think for a moment. Its a phrase whic calls for just compensation.

Which to me sounds more reasonable than believing that a human sacrifice can somehow forgive the tool maker. Leaving some poor slob homeless and broke because nobody will hire a one eyed factory worker.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 01-19-20 at 12:14 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-20, 02:55 PM   #405
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Whats wrong with "eye for an eye tooth for a tooth"? If a worker loses an eye on the job and its found that its the fault of the tool maker. It doesnt mean you take the tool makers eye out. What if the tool maker already is missing one and you went and took his remaining eye. You could still see and he would now be blind. Jeebus Mr. Quatro, Think for a moment. Its a phrase whic calls for just compensation.

Which to me sounds more reasonable than believing that a human sacrifice can somehow forgive the tool maker. Leaving some poor slob homeless and broke because nobody will hire a one eyed factory worker.
WELL THERE ALWAYS A CHARITABLE QUISA!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qisas

Tags
iran, iran nuclear threat, royal navy, usa