SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5 > Silent Hunter Online
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-15-14, 01:20 AM   #1
TG626
Lieutenant

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 3

The whole micro transactions is why I played for a few hours and then went searching for "real" game to buy. After a slight steamed detour I need up with sh4 (wanted to be USN and not KM) and I've never looked back!
Old 03-15-14, 10:05 AM   #2
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Let this be a lesson to other game makers: we are not going to put up with pay to play or microtransactions or internet/cloud based games (we want physical copy on CD/DVD) or DRM crap

Remember there are people like me who, just because I can, will break your DRM/copy protection just for the fun/challenge of it. It may take people like me time to do it but rest assured we have all the time in the world and we will always succeed. Nothing brings a smile to our faces more than breaking/defeating what was thought to be unbreakable/undefeatable

Last edited by TheDarkWraith; 03-15-14 at 10:16 AM.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 10:56 AM   #3
Oleander
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 475
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Remember there are people like me who, just because I can, will break your DRM/copy protection just for the fun/challenge of it. It may take people like me time to do it but rest assured we have all the time in the world and we will always succeed. Nothing brings a smile to our faces more than breaking/defeating what was thought to be unbreakable/undefeatable
This reminds me of when EA released SimCity and then came out and said that it simply isn't possible to make bigger cities or have an offline mode. Within 24 hours there was a video on Youtube of someone playing in offline mode with a bigger city square.

Word to the wise, don't try to put one over on the community, they will beat your butt every time.
Oleander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 11:02 AM   #4
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
This reminds me of when EA released SimCity and then came out and said that it simply isn't possible to make bigger cities or have an offline mode. Within 24 hours there was a video on Youtube of someone playing in offline mode with a bigger city square.

Word to the wise, don't try to put one over on the community, they will beat your butt every time.
Power to the people

Whenever we hear the words 'new DRM' or 'new copy protection scheme' or 'can't use unless ____' it's a call to arms...And we have much bigger and better weapons than the developers. Even if we don't we will make better ones (this is usually a multi-national effort)

Nothing like the international fame for being the first one to prove they broke/cracked it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 04:23 PM   #5
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Power to the people

Whenever we hear the words 'new DRM' or 'new copy protection scheme' or 'can't use unless ____' it's a call to arms...And we have much bigger and better weapons than the developers. Even if we don't we will make better ones (this is usually a multi-national effort)

Nothing like the international fame for being the first one to prove they broke/cracked it.
hello there TDW,

...but as you can see they continue releasing their products with all these 'locks'.
why do you believe is happening this ? becuase , i think that they are smart enough too to know that it is just a matter of one day (in most cases) to get rid of them (in the case of sh5 took half of a day for the SKIDROW)

these 'locks' reminds me the various ...antivirus programmes.
they do absolutelly nothing than 'warning you' but ...,always, there is a 'virus' that will ...pass. this is called ''progress'' you may say (and you are right), but i have start thinking that it is the same companies ,which are creating the 'ativirus' programmes, that are creating the new 'viruses' too ...

back to cases of the various 'locks' ....why you think they still continue selling 'locked' games as they know that next day will be not?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-14, 06:48 PM   #6
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Let this be a lesson to other game makers: we are not going to put up with pay to play or microtransactions or internet/cloud based games (we want physical copy on CD/DVD) or DRM crap

Quote:
Power to the people

Nope....isn't going to happen here on SubSim.

This forum is not to be used as a messenger board to game makers, or anyone else threatening copyright infringement.

Now I think you should remember "there are people like me" who will enforce the above...'just because I can' and I am confident that is what the forum owner expects.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-14, 11:37 AM   #7
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946

Played it about 3-4 times, compared to SH 3, 4 and 5 which I still play to this day.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 01:37 PM   #8
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Before this discussion goes any further, I'm going to take this opportunity for a little reminder about Subsim's rules.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq....ules2_faq_item
i am asking sorry SS if i broke the rules ,but -i believe that you can see it-my point was not to encourage people to piracy . on the contrary , i said exactly the opposite.
my point is in my whole post so please quote,at your post, the whole of it and not the parts that are containing the 'forbiden' words. i understand your point but it is also not looking nice the 'cutted' quotes

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 04-01-14 at 06:13 AM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-14, 02:37 PM   #9
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
i am asking sorry SS if i broke the rules ,but -i believe that you can see it-my point was not to encourage people to piracy . on the contrary , i said exactly the opposite.
my point is in my whole post so please quote,at your post, the whole of it and not the parts that are containing the 'forbiden' words. i understand your point but it is also not looking nice the 'cutted' quotes
My warning was for everyone, and it was a warning to be careful. If you had broken the rules you would be in the brig now, and not able to post this. I used your post because you said that though you don't now you did at one point have a cracked version on your computer. Neal Stevens has a very special relationship with the game companies, and we don't want anyone to change that relationship just because they have something to say. Even that little bit could cause serious harm to Subsim.

The rule says we don't mention it at all, and in the future please obey that rule. If not, there will be consequences.
Old 03-28-14, 03:16 PM   #10
Admiral Halsey
Best Admiral in the USN

Downloads: 298

What's with the no asking for a manual rule? I've not only lost manuals to my games before but back before I was somewhat computer savvy(Basically smart enough to know how NOT to mess the computer up accidentally) I even deleted the PDF manuals that came with the games.(This was back when I had a computer that only had 512 megabytes of ram with which to download games) Thinking i'd put the manuals on my bookshelves and would never lose them. Well I lost them and it was thanks to the members of the forums of the games I had that I was able to get new ones.
Admiral Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 11:07 AM   #11
cloadmcally
A-ganger

Downloads: 54

If you ask me, the only thing we can do is to wait.
I'll explaine a little bit better:
Take the sim city franchise, EA screwd it over and an Indie development studios i.e. Colossal Order built "Cities skylines" wich is an apsolutely awesome game, and it had a publisher like paradox behind the project which actually cares about the content she releases.
I hope the same is gonna happen for the roller coaster tycoon series and obviously for sh.
So People be patient, it looks like a god of games still looks at us after all

Uss Trout (ss 243)
cloadmcally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-16, 08:49 AM   #12
frogazboll
Nub

Downloads: 18

so is this game dead? and if not how do i get it? huge fan of silent hunter games
frogazboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-16, 09:29 AM   #13
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

frogazboll! http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2380357#post2380357

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-16, 11:26 AM   #14
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim frogazboll

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote