SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-07-09, 12:37 AM   #151
Deep_Nukem
Mate

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0

Has anyone achieved a nuclear detonation? I mean launched a missle from like the Typhoon or ????????? at a landbased target OR like a carrier group at sea and actually gotten the nuke to work?

If so, how? I don't care what platform reallly, I just wanna do it. Just once

Please advise. I did fresh install of DW, patched to 1.04, got the Beta of RA all 10 rars, It installed fine, but I'm having a little dificulty with nukes, even after skiming thru the RA_WEAPONS_INFO doc.
Old 04-07-09, 02:02 PM   #152
Mr_Kaizer
Watch

Downloads: 2

I've turned quite a few ships and land based targets into glow in the dark scrap.
The cruise missiles work just like the conventional weapons. For the ICBMs you have to remember that the first waypoint is where the weapon will hit. Takes a bit of fiddling to get all the missiles targeted, but sending off 16+ ICBMs using that sexy new launch interface makes it worth it

EDIT: The mushroom cloud explosion is not modeled. And remember to be at the appropriat launch depth/speed
Mr_Kaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-09, 03:06 AM   #153
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Kaizer View Post
I've turned quite a few ships and land based targets into glow in the dark scrap.
The cruise missiles work just like the conventional weapons. For the ICBMs you have to remember that the first waypoint is where the weapon will hit. Takes a bit of fiddling to get all the missiles targeted, but sending off 16+ ICBMs using that sexy new launch interface makes it worth it

EDIT: The mushroom cloud explosion is not modeled. And remember to be at the appropriat launch depth/speed
Hang on. On which platform, and with which missiles, were you able to accomplish a nuclear strike? I seem to remember them being modeled as demo-only. (At best in practice, test missiles)
Old 04-09-09, 10:00 PM   #154
Deep_Nukem
Mate

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Sigma View Post
Hang on. On which platform, and with which missiles, were you able to accomplish a nuclear strike? I seem to remember them being modeled as demo-only. (At best in practice, test missiles)

That would a negatory cap-com..........Oscar II is fully nuclear capable...as per the Weapons_doc in the "Manual" folder......under "missles"........just browse thru the missles quickly. There's one called the SHIPWRECK missle. You can even program it to take out whatever you want priority to be as in carrier first......then destroyer and so on if a group of ships exists. This nice in functionality, but in theory I don't think it's so needable. I mean, if there's a convoy of ships and you hit JUST ONE, ANY OF THEM,.......with a nuke...they're all gone...right?
Right!

There is another and that is a missle similar to the regular missles of the akula, where you fire it at your submerged target, the torp comes off the missle, goes active, and as I found out.......it really doesn't have to even get very close to the target, it just accquires the contact, and goes BOOM.......contact dead. Yes, it is nuclear too. I don't recall right now what that one is, but it is all under missles category, and this last example perhaps under the torpedo category.
Old 04-10-09, 12:55 PM   #155
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99

Ah yes, the WE-177. A nuclear depth charge sounds a bit of an overkill, but it's beautifully modeled. It's one of the selling points of RA, although I had rarely used it. (Thanks for the reminder!) As I said in your other thread about this, the Shipwreck nuke appeals less to me. The SLBMs, for instance like the RSM-54/SS-N-23 on the Delta, is really what I mainly think of when I think of nukes.
Old 04-10-09, 01:11 PM   #156
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

Suspense of the release is killing me...
Old 04-10-09, 01:33 PM   #157
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBlo View Post
Suspense of the release is killing me...

As far as I understand they already have completed the "eye candy" part of the mod. Right now they're working on modifying the default doctrines so we get realistic behaviour from ai units and weapons.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-09, 04:39 PM   #158
LoBlo
Subsim Diehard

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 3

They should release a 2nd beta now...

Topic change: I was playing the Ohio in the beta version and noticed that the Towed Array is listed as the TB-15... all sources I've ready point to the TB-16 as the Ohio's TA. Can anyone else confirm? Additionally, are there any sources that indicate only 1 TA and not 2?

Last edited by LoBlo; 04-10-09 at 05:41 PM.
LoBlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 04:56 AM   #159
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Downloads: 23
Default Problem

It seems an interesting mod but i can't manage to use it.I receive an "Error 13018 occured with the game database" when the splash screen just pop up.
Thanks for any help
Axlwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-09, 05:05 AM   #160
goldorak
Admiral

Did you read the readme ?
Old 04-12-09, 08:10 AM   #161
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Yes,changed the .ini and all...but the readme is a bit confusing for me.
Old 04-12-09, 08:47 AM   #162
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlwolf View Post
Yes,changed the .ini and all...but the readme is a bit confusing for me.
Set the following options to yes .SkipOpening, .SkipCredits and .SkipMovies
in dangerouswaters.ini .
Old 04-12-09, 10:11 AM   #163
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Already do that and still the same error.
It's something in the database folder?Because when i try to remove some file in the Database folder my error change(not anymore 13018 but something else...13009 or something similar)
If i put everything in here the same error return.
Old 04-15-09, 11:39 AM   #164
Axlwolf
Navy Dude

Thanks anyway.
Old 04-15-09, 12:51 PM   #165
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlwolf View Post
Already do that and still the same error.
It's something in the database folder?Because when i try to remove some file in the Database folder my error change(not anymore 13018 but something else...13009 or something similar)
If i put everything in here the same error return.

I honestly don't know. The best way to install RA is to reinstall from zero DW. Once you have patched it up to 1.04 then install RA. Unzip all the RA zip files, and copy the RA folder together with the batch file directly into DW main folder. Once done, double click on the batch file and wait some minutes untill the installation is complete. Now disable the openvideo settings in dangerouswaters.ini and you should be good to go.

I think that RA expects an english database, so if you have a french, german or other localized version maybe that is the problem.
In this case I don't know how one should fix it, sorry.

Tags
reinforce alert