SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-23-21, 06:42 AM   #9271
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

In the past 4, 5 years, German mainstream media practically all have conducted the "Ruck!" that politicians demanded, and performed another push into conformnity with the Zeitgeist, which is far left, and special privileges-lobbying ideology like gender-new-speak. Some more, some less, but practially all moved more or less clearly to the left and sought conformity with political correctness and pro-EU and pro-Euro propaganda. Others, like Die Zeit, have a longer transition phase to a more left-leaning self-understanding behind them, may have been centrist int he past, but are no more. And then there are those like the Frnakfurter Rundschau and Süddeutsche Zeitung that always have been very prominently far left-leaning.

Die Welt was conservative in a past longer time ago, but now is centrist-to-left leaning.

In the medicine Nobel, yes, usually the award is given only many years after the achievement. But many expected this example odf the BioNTech exmaple to beocme the exception from the rule, due to the enormous signficance and impact the vaccine has had and sitll has. And in Oslso, rumours also ha dit that the inventors and company owners were fapvurites mfor this year's award. It was reported however that noisy acitiovsts wanted to prevent this at all cost because the vaccine is sold instead of beign freely distributed for "altruistic reasons". The behind-the-curtain lobbying and in parts the public media mobbing was intense. It would not have been a bad idea to give it to them, even more when consdidering the many failures with the fake Nobel for peace (fake because Nobel never has founded this award himself), giving it to people who had accieved nothign sof ar but were expected by the committee to now realise what they demanded the winner to achieve afterwards. Of course, itd absurd.

Me thinks the whole concept and institution by now is corrupted, especially regarding the prizes for economics, peace, and literature. Nobel would turn in his grave, I think.

On a sidenote, the home city of BioNTech is Mainz, and the city had deep red numbers. Then came the success of BioNTech and thus plenty of tax flow flushed into the cities' treasuries. They now are billions and billions in the black numbers. All debts are paid, and still billions to invest into turning the city into an international scinetific reserach hotspot, more than it already is. And then still money is left. Not bad for a company that before Corona was practically unknown to almost everybody.
Old 11-23-21, 06:43 AM   #9272
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 06:47 AM   #9273
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The government has updated its Covid testing guidance in the run-up to Christmas, recommending that people in England take rapid lateral flow tests before going to high-risk settings.

This includes spending time in crowded areas such as busy shopping streets, or when visiting vulnerable people in enclosed spaces.

The latest Covid advice signals a shift from previous guidance to take lateral flow tests twice a week.

Covid booster jabs - initially offered to the over-50s, health and social care staff and people with certain health issues - are extended to the over 40s this week.

The Oxford-AstraZeneca Covid jab may have played a key role in preventing serious illness in the UK, the firm's boss tells the BBC

People in Northern Ireland will be urged to work from home where possible in a bid to curb the spread of Covid, the BBC understands.

Nicola Sturgeon is to announce whether Scotland's vaccine passport system will be expanded to cover more venues.

The UK recorded 44,917 new infections on Monday and 45 deaths within 28 days of a positive Covid test.

Old 11-23-21, 06:57 AM   #9274
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-23-21, 07:06 AM   #9275
Skybird
Soaring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
In Germany the vaccination of pregnant women is recommended to be done not before beginning of the second trimester. That is for a simple purely psychological reason. Independent from corona, the by far highest amount of aborts hit pregnant women in the first trimester. One wants to avoid that unjustified associations between vaccination and abortion are made: by having them vaccinated not before this critical first trimester is over. The german RKI and Paul Ehrlich institute as well as the German association of gynecologists say a link does practically not exist, and from a purely medical standpoint even in the first trimester pregnant women could get vaccinated, but for the psychological reason explained they usually do not do it.

Also, practically all cases that got reported and examined, found no link between vaccination and abort.
I think it may happen, but the quota appears to be very, very, very small, not exceeding but being far below the quotas of other complications that one would need to expect from every mass vaccination, no matter against what and with what vaccine.
Old 11-23-21, 08:12 AM   #9276
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/wuh...even-stronger/

Quote:
.....last month a bunch of emails, uncovered by a lawsuit from the so-called White Coat Waste Project, returned the ball right back over the net. They comprised an exchange between the American virus-hunting foundation, the EcoHealth Alliance and its funders in the US government. The scientists discussed collecting viruses from bats in eight countries including Burma, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos between 2016 and 2019. But to avoid the complication of signing up local subcontractors to their grants in those countries, they promised to send the samples to a laboratory they already funded. And where was this lab? Wuhan.

Some of the emails talk about sending data, not samples; but some talk repeatedly about sending actual samples. “All samples collected would be tested at the Wuhan Institute of Virology,” reads one from 2016. Another in 2018 even talks of sending bats themselves. The emails make it clear that Wuhan scientists would sometimes be working in the field alongside their US colleagues.

Remember the central issue is how a bat virus got to Wuhan. So now, in both Yunnan and Laos, the only people who knowingly transported bat virus samples to Wuhan — and only to Wuhan — were scientists. Gilles Demaneuf, a New Zealand-based data scientist who’s been analyzing this issue, says the natural spillover theory has “no explanation for why this would result in an outbreak in Wuhan of all places, and nowhere else.”

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 06:56 AM   #9277
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Poland is warning that restrictions could be reintroduced if infection rates don't start to fall.

The 28,380 new infections there in the last 24 hours is a 17% increase from cases reported a week ago.

Temporary hospitals have been reactivated to accommodate a rising number of hospitalisations in the country.

It comes as the World Health Organization says a further 700,000 people could die of Covid by March in Europe and parts of Asia.

Some 1.5 million Covid deaths have already been recorded in the WHO's Europe region of 53 countries.

It warns of "high or extreme stress" in intensive care units in 49 countries by March, as Europe battles surging cases.

The danger of a future UK pandemic is as serious as threats to the UK's defences, an ex-vaccines tsar says.

Dame Kate Bingham says science must be included in policy-making just like economics.

Officials say a drop in Covid testing in India could undermine the country's efforts to control the spread of the virus.

Old 11-24-21, 06:59 AM   #9278
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-24-21, 07:28 AM   #9279
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Old 11-24-21, 09:11 AM   #9280
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
We could all be turning Japanese.
I really think so.

I like the Doc but I think he should try to focus on all the events that precluded this recent drop.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 09:27 AM   #9281
Skybird
Soaring

"A lot of people will conclude that the vaccine caused her death. But timing by itself does not prove causation."

I hope it is not offensive to quote something that makes this lot of sense.

Old 11-24-21, 09:31 AM   #9282
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Could post a picture of a person with the test.

S/he have been vaccinated among millions other people and now 4 month later they are fine.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 10:50 AM   #9283
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
We could all be turning Japanese.
I really think so.

I like the Doc but I think he should try to focus on all the events that precluded this recent drop.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-21, 11:38 AM   #9284
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Old restriction coming back from Monday 11/29.

Facemask in public transportation and in stores
Mandatory on Corona passport in many places.
Can't remember where, but people who work for the state Denmark shall from Monday show their Corona passport.

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-21, 07:39 AM   #9285
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan