SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-27-11, 07:45 AM   #496
Foxhound
Sailor man

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Default silent Hunter III warship Mode

thanks i will give it a shot when i get home. you know, i didn't know that subsim exited. and i have been playing SH3 for like 6 years now. i started manipulating the .cfg files to get the XXI early in the war. i managed to do that about 2 years ago. recently i was playing SH3 with all the manipulations i have made to the game and i was sort of bored. i was dreaming what how would it feel like if i could man the auxiliary cruiser Kormoran, or maybe maybe my beloved Prinz Eugen, and THAT! would be commerce raiding! now suddenly i figured out my dream is already here!
Foxhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-11, 01:41 PM   #497
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default multiple problems

i mean, do i have to upgrade my version of SH3 with UbiSOft patches before i could run this magnificent warship MOD? because something tells me i never got to upgrade. i can't run any of the patches.
Old 12-28-11, 09:34 AM   #498
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default silent hunter iii warship mode download

i spent a night trying to download the mod from this link:

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...HINESE%20U-47/

and i got all the crap messages. one of the 80MB file was completely downloaded and then in the end it gave a "size mismatch" and it seems the archive was kind of corrupt. guys, how can i download this warship MOD? in any languages? Chinese is okay. even Martian will do.
Old 12-28-11, 01:06 PM   #499
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

i dont know, what about the upgrade of the game itself. but it will not harm your installation, if you patch to the latest version.

sorry to hear...i also get these messages sometimes. seems, as if the server is buggy in overload sessions. just keep on trying. normally all files from these archives work!

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-11, 06:20 PM   #500
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default finally but nor easily and not yet

i finally managed to download WSM3.0SH3V1.4. upon extracting i saw three mods and the data folder for each of them. i backed up my data folder and copied the contents of one of the mod data folder into the data folder of the game manually. the game was loaded with the magnificent photo of the Bismarck. i proceeded with a test career and i thought it was the Scharnhorst. only she had no gun turrets and upon attempting to man the guns i received the "not accessible location". i hastily did some more copy pasting and the game crashed. what should i do to get the mod working? i have to say my version of SH3 is not upgraded and i can't run the patches to upgrade it. can any one tell me what the problem is?
Old 12-28-11, 07:26 PM   #501
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default how is the mod enabled?

i finally managed to wreck my installation of SH3 while copy pasting data files. thus i am reinstalling from scratch. how am i supposed to enable the mod? why isn't there any readMe file? guys how should i enable the mod without depth charging the SH3 installation?
Old 12-28-11, 08:22 PM   #502
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default no gun

i have got no gun on the any of the ships. not the cruisers not the battleships and just a flak38 on type 34 destroyers that cannot be manned. what should i do?
Old 12-29-11, 03:21 AM   #503
Tem
Watch

Downloads: 20

I think it is best to do it yourself
in any case, try

personally I do various modifications of colors to SH3
often painted on solid colors

with modifications that are presented by the "Chinese" is a ONCE I managed to play another ship and it was Nagato, but only once and then after passed the complete game crash

I had to disposition several versions of SH3, SH4, SH5 and from what I noticed are slight differences, the German version differs from the Polish, Russian version differs from the English version - if you take the English version is a correct version, so modification to be done under this version and not do under the Chinese, for example, because that both versions, though made ***8203;***8203;by one company, they are of such large differences in file systems that making of modifications on the Chinese version, with the 80% of this modification will not go in the other versions - namely English, German, or which I have in Polish. It has already been tested - the only modifications that are 100% compatible are the GWX or Aces series - the rest have more or less trouble, either with graphics or with the consistency of files.
Old 12-29-11, 07:39 AM   #504
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default range of engagements in gun battles

i am trying this magnificent warship mod . but i have some problems and some questions.
1- most of the times when i start with a battleship, it is so big it doesn't fit into the dock, with propeller out of water (stern high) it doesn't move at all and starts to take damage from the beginning with nothing i can do about it.
2- i can never load a game, the game always crashes on reloading.
3- the range of gun battle (the range at which AI opens fire on a target vessel) is just 5Km . the AI doesn't engage targets beyond that range. do you have the same problem?
4- although it's magnificent to sail with the Bismarck and the Scharnhorst, the detail about gunnery and rang finding leaves much to be desired. Scharnhorst hit HMS Glorious at a record range of 24Km and the gun duel at the battle of the Denmark strait started at something like 18Km. i guess we should add some views like a rangefinder to the ship and the range of automatic engagement should be increased to something like 20Km.
Old 12-29-11, 08:48 AM   #505
Tem
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
i am trying this magnificent warship mod . but i have some problems and some questions.
know how to write in a dusty old book?
Ask and it shall be answered

Quote:
1- most of the times when i start with a battleship, it is so big it doesn't fit into the dock, with propeller out of water (stern high) it doesn't move at all and starts to take damage from the beginning with nothing i can do about it.
you need to know where to start missions - if you do not modify the environment (landscapes), it is the best port of Kiel - starting in the dock without a building, ship sinks not only in the concrete is almost ready to go

Quote:
2- i can never load a game, the game always crashes on reloading.
This means that several modifications fall on each other, install the game pure, no additives, no patch, then turn on the changes - but only through JGME, through this program the game is not "destroyed" by the imposition of new files and still is pure

Quote:
3- the range of gun battle (the range at which AI opens fire on a target vessel) is just 5Km . the AI doesn't engage targets beyond that range. do you have the same problem?
AI the game is set to start firing from the UK 5500 yard, you can shoot yourself from a distance - but the AI always hits the target or a sphere - when you shooting yourself you do not have such a cell from a distance - close-up (up to 1000 in yard), you are better from AI because you know where to shoot
the charm of the game

Quote:
4- although it's magnificent to sail with the Bismarck and the Scharnhorst, the detail about gunnery and rang finding leaves much to be desired. Scharnhorst hit HMS Glorious at a record range of 24Km and the gun duel at the battle of the Denmark strait started at something like 18Km. i guess we should add some views like a rangefinder to the ship and the range of automatic engagement should be increased to something like 20Km.
Connection artillery and rangefinders are already higher physics, do not expect from a game that does not use even 10% of computing power 2.2 GHz single processor could be converted to gravity, the weight of the projectile, the trajectory implied, physical trajectory, the momentum of the individual, the angle of view .. .
for more than five months time I sit down on the IXD2 U-boot with minor modifications and beats everything that swims with 105mm gun - that because I am already very good and I can stop the destroyer in 3000 yards
Old 12-29-11, 02:39 PM   #506
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default too much calculation?

1-originally posted by TEM:
Connection artillery and rangefinders are already higher physics, do not expect from a game that does not use even 10% of computing power 2.2 GHz single processor could be converted to gravity, the weight of the projectile, the trajectory implied, physical trajectory, the momentum of the individual, the angle of view .. .
for more than five months time I sit down on the IXD2 U-boot with minor modifications and beats everything that swims with 105mm gun - that because I am already very good and I can stop the destroyer in 3000 yards

i) i guess you are just very skilful at shooting destroyers who would not hesitate to ram a surfaced boat if they can't already shoot to hell. but what what was thinking was that there is not a single instance out of the 1000 U boat the Kriegsmarine commissioned into the Atlantic (and pretty sure anywhere else) of a U Boat scaring away a destroyer with the deck gun. the best thing that comes to my mind about such a mess is HSK Kormoran shooing against HMAS Sydney.

ii) but i agree with you. (i once sank a tribal destroyer with the deck gun before she knew what was hitting her) i mean there are some improvement we can think of in SH3. this simulator ALREADY does hell of a lot of calculations and it wouldn't be so much if the accuracy of the guns (in warship mod) is a bit little improved or a sense of fire control system is added to the game.
Old 12-29-11, 03:47 PM   #507
Tem
Watch

my way to any of the destroyer?
wheels, wheel stagger with rudder deflection of about 4-7 degrees and changing every second circle in the opposite direction
105 mm caliber bullet can cause big smoke and dust, so everyone destroyer can be sunk, just be madness in the blood and have fun
when will be shown on the map destroyer admit to a distance of about 4,000 yards, and all the while exchanging artillery and UZO and shoot at a distance shown by the UZO, minus about half the length of the destroyer
at the time of the shot you need to think that this is a few seconds to fly the missile to the target and set so that was always bow to shoot
at a speed of about 20-29 knots distance 4000 yards beats very fast, it's about 40-65 seconds, during this time with a good training of the crew-gunners can shoot about 5-8 bullets, calmly at the third bullet hit gets longer, with the sixth has veered off course because they get in the towers have no command and steering - and once again set a little sideways a few bullets in the engine shooting, torpedo launchers and AA guns does the trick

and then observe how well changes in the underwater ship
I play quite a long time already, I figured he would change the historical facts a little to have a U-boat version of the IX-D2 from the very beginning of the game before I got to know very well the game mechanics, how to shoot torpedoes, maneuvering, the speed of the ship, its handling and the whole week is gone - and many times I was sunk
after changing to a more powerful computer with more RAM and play with ease with my minor modifications
Old 12-31-11, 03:51 PM   #508
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default Bismarck Vs armed trawler

i was sailing with the Bismarck in the British channel, it was sort of a channel dash (only in the opposite direction) and i was engaging multiple targets. things like armed trawlers and torpedo boats and they are all coming to me so gallantly. the AI gunnery on my ship was like embarrassing, something like 1 % of all the shells it was firing were making it to the target. i wished there was a way of controlling all the main battery turrets in a coordinated way, to make something like a real salvo, a meaningful way of straddling the enemy ships. i also wish there was a way for shifting target, the Weapon officer simply fires on whatever he feels like based on the range to target. the ship is under attack by a little happy destroyer fella and he is pouring fire on a nearby merchant you guys have seen SOLDIERS HEROES OF WWII? have you noticed it's all open source and how straight forward the modding for those series of games is? i guess if ubiSOft had followed the same method for releasing SH3 things would have been much easier. (two absolutely unrelated issues i would think)
Old 12-31-11, 04:32 PM   #509
Tem
Watch

A few months ago I was able to play the Japanese battleship Nagato modification
what I noticed
it entirely disembarking (F12) and the commandment of artillery fire on each target to increase the AI, then as if the artillery officer shoots for every purpose better and faster
but I was not play too long

I have to ask you, can you tell me where is this mod to Bismarck?
I see, I compare, maybe combines something
Old 01-01-12, 06:39 AM   #510
Foxhound
Sailor man

Default sh3 warship mod

yeah, somebody on this very thread gave me this link (i think it was on page 33):

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/S...HINESE%20U-47/

user name : admin
password: Woelfe

they are case sensitive.

you can fine Bismarck in the 4th item. WSM3.0SH3V1.4.rar there are three mods in it, the first one is for the battleships, Deutschland, Scharnhorst and Bismarck. don't save while playing or you will risk crashing the game. if it doesn't crash on saving, it will sure do on loading.