SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-27-13, 07:06 PM   #1
mojojojo
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Sonalysts Fleet Command not working on windows 7 64 bit

Hi all,
I have just got me Sonalysts Fleet Command hopeing that it would work on win 7 ,I have also the old Janes Fleet Command but had stop playing it when I got Vista a few years ago which was a shame because it was a great game.
Is there a work around for Sonalysts Fleet Command I read somewhere that it was working on Win 7 64 bit?
When the game trys to start both screens go black and the No2 monitor starts flicking and no1 monitor stays black then I get "failed to initialize the graphic display"

Here's my specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920
Memory: 12288MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display Card: 2xATI Radeon HD 5700 Series crossfired

I have been looking around for a fix and I tryed all the compatbility modes on the Fleet Command.exe and made it administrator and disabled visual theme and disabled desktop composition still no go.

any help would be great
mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 11:19 AM   #2
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
Hi all,
I have just got me Sonalysts Fleet Command hopeing that it would work on win 7 ,I have also the old Janes Fleet Command but had stop playing it when I got Vista a few years ago which was a shame because it was a great game.
Is there a work around for Sonalysts Fleet Command I read somewhere that it was working on Win 7 64 bit?
When the game trys to start both screens go black and the No2 monitor starts flicking and no1 monitor stays black then I get "failed to initialize the graphic display"

Here's my specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920
Memory: 12288MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Display Card: 2xATI Radeon HD 5700 Series crossfired

I have been looking around for a fix and I tryed all the compatbility modes on the Fleet Command.exe and made it administrator and disabled visual theme and disabled desktop composition still no go.

any help would be great
If I am reading your specs right, you are indicating that you have two graphics cards. If that is the case, chances are that with the age of the code in Fleet Command, it has no clue how to handle multiple graphics cards and the error message is a result of the code unable to resolve the conflict.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-13, 04:39 PM   #3
mojojojo
Nub

Downloads: 4

Many thanks, you are right it doesn't like crossfired displaycards when I disabled one it was all go, This is great I love this game.

Cheers
mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote