SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > Sub Command, Fleet Command, & Jane's 688(I)
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-13-12, 11:27 AM   #1
ru_disa
Swabbie

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default 668i+SC+FC vs Dangerous Waters

Hi, I posted this as a comment in another thread, but I thought I'd open my own thread, since it was kind of off-topic there...
Anyway,
If I already have Dangerous Waters, does it make sense for me to buy the Naval Combat Pack (which includes 668(i), Sub Command and Fleet Command)? Or am I just better off playing DW? I know that FC is an entirely different game, but do 668i and Sub Command offer enough features to warrant a buy? Or is DW simply a better and updated version of those two games?
ru_disa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 01:14 PM   #2
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

It really depends upon how much you enjoy modern naval sims. 688i and Fleet Command are drastically different games and are worth experiencing. Just bear in mind that Fleet Command in particular is very touchy with newer systems because of backwards compatibility issues. Sub Command is the direct precursor to DW. The look and feel are exactly the same, but the game experience is different. One thing in Sub Command's favor are real tutorial missions. The tutorials in Sub Command are excellent, compared to the vague video tutorials and lack of tutorial missions in DW, which needed tutorial missions.

If you are willing to spend the money and equally willing to make some adjustments for older games, I would recommend the Naval Combat Pack.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-12, 06:03 PM   #3
CapitanPiluso
Forum Captain

Downloads: 22

You can get Jane´s Fleet Command demo here

http://www.filefactory.com/file/af6e...mmand_Demo_zip

This is not SCS Fleet Command , but will give you some taste about the game.

Regards

My DW pics :https://goo.gl/photos/5gBN7WFntLBSAsc17

My SSM2007 pics :https://goo.gl/photos/1Fa6GaEom28AZuc57
CapitanPiluso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 10:30 AM   #4
ru_disa
Swabbie

Downloads: 23

Thanks for the feedback!
Another thing: I understand that the missions/campaigns from Sub Command or 688(i) can actually be imported and played in DW. Is this true? This could give me more reason to buy the Combat Naval Pack...
ru_disa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-12, 11:43 AM   #5
Hinrich Schwab
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru_disa View Post
Thanks for the feedback!
Another thing: I understand that the missions/campaigns from Sub Command or 688(i) can actually be imported and played in DW. Is this true? This could give me more reason to buy the Combat Naval Pack...
Yes, they can be imported, but some missions require reworking to finish the compatibility. Likewise, DW has a bug regarding certain environmental objects that was never resolved, so converting some missions may be problematic.
Hinrich Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote