SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-08-20, 07:29 PM   #1
rubelr452
Swabbie

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
gear ARB WideGui change resolution

i really like this mod but in my screen 1366*768 it doesn't work very well
when i load the game screen is cut out i take look at d3d9.ini and in put my resolution 1366*768 and input correct value LOADSCREENS that fix the loading screen but in the game still screen is cut to the half.
i take look at menu_1024_768.ini and understand every thing in game explained in this file where thing should be and in the what position .
[G03 I9]
Name=BackGrd
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3000020
ParentID=0x3000000
Pos=0,1080,1920,1080
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Drag=false
BmpState=1
NeedFocus=true
SelOne=false
IdGroup=0
StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

if i can set correct value for pos that should fix the problem(i think) but i don't know how also i found this:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...d.php?t=215943
but i never use it and i don't know it could help or not
rubelr452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 07:41 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

rubelr452! after a two year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 05:44 AM   #3
rubelr452
Swabbie

:

any ideas???
Old 03-09-20, 07:40 AM   #4
yasti
Sailor man

Downloads: 130
SHO

You'd also need to take into account that the GUI tga's may also need to be reduced in size as it was all designed for 1920x1080. All in all its a heck of a lot of work to configure a GUI.

The widescreen MaGUI's, which are at your screen resolution, were my mainstays until I got a 2560x1440 monitor, then I had to make a choice between ramping the antialiasing right up which solved the jaggies but causes a flat sun, or using a higher resolution GUI.

To be honest after using MaGUI for years, I had to make several edits to ARB before I was happy using it, but I do miss MaGUI

Depending on your supermod the WAC MaGUI is the latest version (you can also get it for GWX/NYGM). At the very least you can download it and compare the files as they have a lot of the same features
yasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 08:03 AM   #5
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 455

Beside the resolution problem, those GUI like ARB for instance, need to be Adjusted for each mega mod.
ARB Wide Gui has a camera.dat who does not have the same settings at all for Ccom or LSH3 or GWX parameters.
Takes an hour or so, to edit this camera.dat according to any mega mod with S3D.
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-20, 10:09 AM   #6
rubelr452
Swabbie

cool

Thank you , all of this is very helpful

i guess i have to learn how to range in MaGUI

i wish they added range like ARB WideGui

have silent hunting
Old 03-10-20, 01:48 AM   #7
yasti
Sailor man

Downloads: 130

The RAOBF rings can be used for that and more

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hrvw7...RAoBF.pdf/file
yasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 02:03 PM   #8
rubelr452
Swabbie

thanks

there is full guide for that
i mean i use to play sh5 in old days and if i remember correctly there was crew skill witch can do a lot of things Increase speed of u boat and make torpedo go faster reduce reload time and....

i take look at code and oh boy didn't i change them (some time editing games code is more fun than play the actual game)my u boat speed was 100 or more submerged also 100 knot torpedoes goes faster than light lol reload time was 1 sec unlimited torpedoes it was fun in the own ways in sh5 i didn't need learn aim i just see convoy launch torpedo and 1 sec later bang ship sinks at any range

but since all this nice mod is out i want to give try sh3 legit way no re coding or any thing but i don't know how to aim if there is full guide for periscope special attack periscope i bee grateful

Last edited by rubelr452; 03-10-20 at 02:17 PM.
Old 03-12-20, 01:17 PM   #9
rubelr452
Swabbie

Old 12-12-20, 01:35 PM   #10
CassiousClay
Mate

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasti View Post
You'd also need to take into account that the GUI tga's may also need to be reduced in size as it was all designed for 1920x1080. All in all its a heck of a lot of work to configure a GUI.
Thank you for this! That makes sense out of why any other resolution set in d3d9.ini screws up. It doesn't scale so the only other option if GPU or DPI scaling options don't correct the image positioning on the screen for different resolutions there's no other way to use any other resolution but 1920x1080 except to change almost all of, at least all of the background, images.

This mod looks amazing. If that's the case though that really sucks for me and some other people that we can't use even a slightly larger resolution to increase the text size. Makes it unplayable because text is microscopic and can't be read. For me it's not even legible if I practically put my nose on the screen. I may be going back to GWX so I can see and read everything.

What a bummer! I may not be able to enjoy this.

I sit almost 10ft (3+ meters) away from a 90" screen. If the text can be edited to be larger or there's a way to use 1280x720 or some other bigger resolution please let me know. I'm going to dig through as many as the files as I have the patience for until a reply arrives. If it's correct that we can't change the text size or resolution and have it look right I'd highly appreciate being informed of that so I don't waste my time.
CassiousClay is offline   Reply With Quote