Closed Thread

Old 01-25-20, 11:54 AM   #8431
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
What you mean like when the Democrats refused to allow the Republicans to call any witnesses during the Impeachment hearings? You mean that kind of farce?
If you mean the last impeachment you had in 1999 against Clinton, then I have to say I did not have Internet(did not own a computer) did not have CNN or other international news channel then only Danish and Swedish.

It was very little info I got about that impeachment then.

Today it's different and I do follow this Impeachment against Trump as closely I can.

I must say it is serious accusation the Dem are presenting in their case.

So many thoughts are going around inside my head.

Do they have something to have it in....all those accusation ?
Have they cherry picked what they need to convince some of the Rep ?

It's so to say unfair not to hear both side, so It's going to be interesting to what the defense have to say.

Markus
Old 01-25-20, 12:30 PM   #8432
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If you mean the last impeachment you had in 1999 against Clinton, ....
I'm pretty sure Markus that August is referring to Trump's impeachment and specifically to the House impeachment inquiries led by Adam Schiff and Jerrold Nadler.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online  
Old 01-25-20, 12:46 PM   #8433
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
I'm pretty sure Markus that August is referring to Trump's impeachment and specifically to the House impeachment inquiries led by Adam Schiff and Jerrold Nadler.

Exactly. It is rank hypocrisy for the Democrats to hold what amounted to a kangaroo court in the House then go to the Senate and complain about fairness. They made this impeachment bed and I hope the Turtle sends them to it without their conviction supper.

Then we can get on to the next manufactured scandal. You know they have at least one more of these up their sleeve.
Old 01-25-20, 05:02 PM   #8434
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Exactly. It is rank hypocrisy for the Democrats to hold what amounted to a kangaroo court in the House then go to the Senate and complain about fairness. They made this impeachment bed and I hope the Turtle sends them to it without their conviction supper.

Then we can get on to the next manufactured scandal. You know they have at least one more of these up their sleeve.
I must have missed that.. Then they should not point fingers at Rep in the Senate.

Markus
Old 01-25-20, 05:08 PM   #8435
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Haha, only liberals

New York State Governor Mulls Car Helmet Compulsion

Quote:
New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo told a press conference on January 23 that cars were “paralyzing” New York City and that motoring had to be discouraged with measures such as congestion pricing. When one reporter asked him if he would mandate car helmets for motorists—a measure that would likely dampen demand for motoring—he did not laugh off the suggestion. Instead, he called for data on whether the measure could save lives.
Old 01-29-20, 02:50 PM   #8436
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/29/p...ook/index.html

How foul regimes are alike... Shall we be surprised? Probably not, the stink in the air is intense enough. Why do i think that Boltion plays the game long enough to know what top secret information is - and what not?
Old 01-29-20, 05:08 PM   #8437
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

I think Bolton is about to make Trump regret firing him so dismissively. The irony is, if Trump had listened to John Bolton instead of firing him as National Security Advisor last year, we would be at war for sure. Now Bolton is going to give him some payback, and the Dems are so pumped. Satan, are you listening? Anything to get Trump!
Old 01-29-20, 05:15 PM   #8438
FeatsOfStrength
Gunner

Downloads: 25

Quote:

If it's "manufactured scandal" as you say then why is the President so desperate to stop witnesses testifying.. to the extent that he would put his foot down on the first amendment and censor the release of John Bolton's book?

I wasn't opposed to Trump when he came into office, it was his disgrace at the 2017 Helsinki summit that really brought out his true colours and made me realise that he is in no way shape or form fit for office. It wasn't the media warping his words on this occasion:

And he exposed his true colors in front of Putin and the whole world. It's what proved to me he is neither a conservative or a republican, he doesn't give a damn about the United States and he is in it for himself.

Everything he is being accused of fits in with his MO of bad decisions and well documented lack of moral fibre. Conservatives should own their mistakes.
Old 01-29-20, 07:15 PM   #8439
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatsOfStrength View Post
If it's "manufactured scandal" as you say then why is the President so desperate to stop witnesses testifying.. to the extent that he would put his foot down on the first amendment and censor the release of John Bolton's book?

From what I understand Boltons book contains classified material, some of it rated Top Secret, and he was just told to remove it before publishing, but because this is about Bad Orange Man that automatically means it just has to be an attack on the first amendment right?

Quote:
And he exposed his true colors in front of Putin and the whole world. It's what proved to me he is neither a conservative or a republican, he doesn't give a damn about the United States and he is in it for himself.

Well so you say, I feel differently, but what are you going to do, vote for a gun grabbing, deep state, big government Democrat this time or was that what you did in 2016?
Old 01-29-20, 07:31 PM   #8440
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
....Well so you say, I feel differently, but what are you going to do, vote for a gun grabbing, deep state, big government Democrat this time or was that what you did in 2016?
I can't help but think that if Trump thought being a gun grabbing, deep state, big government candidate would get him elected he'd be right there. It's all about him and always was.

"Tomorrow belongs to those who can hear it coming."
David Bowie
Old 01-29-20, 08:25 PM   #8441
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
I can't help but think that if Trump thought being a gun grabbing, deep state, big government candidate would get him elected he'd be right there. It's all about him and always was.

Well narcissism is part of every politician and leader throughout human history, including the good ones, so I suppose that is true. But the take away lesson should be that the American people don't want a gun grabbing, deep state, big government president so much they are willing to elect a person like Donald Trump in order to avoid it. It sure doesn't sound like the Democratic party yet understands the lesson.
Old 01-29-20, 09:48 PM   #8442
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
But the take away lesson should be that the American people don't want a gun grabbing, deep state, big government president so much they are willing to elect a person like Donald Trump in order to avoid it.
The American people voted for Clinton.
Old 01-29-20, 10:01 PM   #8443
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
The American people voted for Clinton.

Excuse me, the American People of the 50 states, in accordance with the rules of our constitutional republic, elected Donald Trump in an electoral landslide.
Old 01-30-20, 01:39 AM   #8444
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Excuse me, the American People of the 50 states, in accordance with the rules of our constitutional republic, elected Donald Trump in an electoral landslide.

If only someone had explained the rules to Killary.
Old 01-30-20, 02:31 AM   #8445
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Lil boy was defeated by number of votes. your system is manipulation of the laws of math. voting districts get hilariously fought about their exact borders to deny voting majorities within one districts borders to the other party or secure that bordrts are such that one party has an own majority. its a known problem and one that gets criticised time and again.
And you know it.
Fact is that not even every fifth citizen eligible to vote, voted for Trump, if I recall it correctly. clinton got more votes.

the whole concept of electoral college today is obscur and dubios. it allows minorities to defeat majorities and thus destroys the very idea of majority voting.

nothing in that system to be celebrated as holy and best of the best. its one of the worst and most corrupted systems i know. additionally to the parties own level of inherent corruption.

Tags
biden, clinton, election, harris, obama, politics, trump, twitter