SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-01-14, 07:44 AM   #121
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Downloads: 946
Uploads: 5

Nice mod, near the start of this thread Rubini you had mentioned making if for 16km, is it also compatible for 20km?

Thanks.

Back in the Day

ReallyDedPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 08:15 AM   #122
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
Nice mod, near the start of this thread Rubini you had mentioned making if for 16km, is it also compatible for 20km?

Thanks.
Hi mate, how are you?
Itīs so long time since the relesase of this mod...IIRC itīs already compatible with "default" big mods 16km. This refers to the sensors.dat file. I provide a step by step instruction on how to use your own actual sensors.dat. Itīs on the first post/ inside the readme of the mod. Itīs just two easy steps. Following them, the mod can be compatible with any sh3 installation!

Cheers!
Rubini.
Old 10-01-14, 08:21 AM   #123
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi mate, how are you?
Itīs so long time since the relesase of this mod...IIRC itīs already compatible with "default" big mods 16km. This refers to the sensors.dat file. I provide a step by step instruction on how to use your own actual sensors.dat. Itīs on the first post/ inside the readme of the mod. Itīs just two easy steps. Following them, the mod can be compatible with any sh3 installation!

Cheers!
Rubini.
I am well .

Just recently bought a new laptop and am getting back to trying some of the SH3 stuff I could not use with my previous set up.

Was looking at the read-me a bit last night. So if I use a 20km mod, I simply delete your sensors.dat from this mod and make the changes mentioned with mine ( deleting the "SensorData" controller from each hydro type using S3D ) then install your "sensors.cam" file.

Great work by the way

Back in the Day

Old 10-01-14, 08:54 AM   #124
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReallyDedPoet View Post
I am well .

Just recently bought a new laptop and am getting back to trying some of the SH3 stuff I could not use with my previous set up.

Was looking at the read-me a bit last night. So if I use a 20km mod, I simply delete your sensors.dat from this mod and make the changes mentioned with mine ( deleting the "SensorData" controller from each hydro type using S3D ) then install your "sensors.cam" file.

Great work by the way
Yes , exactly! If you have some trouble let me know. I have a personal memory problem. After some time I canīt reply with 100% sure about things that I worked on because I always expend so much energy and attention, going so deep, that when I move to another new projects I forget details about that far way works. Itīs the age!
Old 10-01-14, 09:01 AM   #125
ReallyDedPoet
Canadian Wolf

Quote:
Yes , exactly! If you have some trouble let me know. I have a personal memory problem. After some time I canīt reply with 100% sure about things that I worked on because I always expend so much energy and attention, going so deep, that when I move to another new projects I forget details about that far way works. Itīs the age!
I know the feeling regarding age , that and having three boys that take me in every direction possible

Just when I get to the point of being satisfied with my SH3 install, I find myself tweaking this file and changing that one.
It never ends. It's all good in the end though.

I'll let you know how it works out.

Back in the Day

Old 10-01-14, 11:31 AM   #126
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155

Hello all ! I need advice. When I am submerged at a depth of -15 m, and i'm still not detected, sub's machinery at stop. Well, if a destroyer comes near me (200 meters for example), it detects me, although i'm absolutely silent ... What's wrong with the sensors ?.... Does the sub makes noise although the engines are stopped ? And i've noticed that the order "schleich fahrt" is not effective at all to increase the discretion....
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-14, 03:16 PM   #127
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahnenbohn View Post
Hello all ! I need advice. When I am submerged at a depth of -15 m, and i'm still not detected, sub's machinery at stop. Well, if a destroyer comes near me (200 meters for example), it detects me, although i'm absolutely silent ... What's wrong with the sensors ?.... Does the sub makes noise although the engines are stopped ? And i've noticed that the order "schleich fahrt" is not effective at all to increase the discretion....
Hi mate,

This is not related to this mod. You can ask this as a separated thread on the forum. And itīs important to we know what mods are you using to better help you.

Now some info: destroyers use sonars and they can detect you if they are near enough. Just stopping your engines will no help in this situation. Also some mods (big mods) make the destroyers much more sensible. Take this in mind.
Old 10-02-14, 05:40 AM   #128
Fahnenbohn
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 155

Quote:
Hi mate,

This is not related to this mod. You can ask this as a separated thread on the forum.
Oh, very sorry, I'm going to open a new thread in this case. I believed this was a thread discussing about hydrophones in general.
Fahnenbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 03:35 PM   #129
Leitender
Planesman

Downloads: 50

Hi you fellow kaleuns,
rubinis downloadlink for my reworked version in the first post of this thread is broken. Hereīs a current one:

(Downloadlink removed, current version see below)

Rubini:

Do you mind to update that link? Thank you very much in advance.

With best wishes

Leitender

Last edited by Leitender; 11-02-14 at 01:34 PM.
Leitender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-14, 04:57 AM   #130
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Leitender, in your version of the mod, you provide your personal Sensors.cam in documentation folder.
Look there for BalkonGerat_type9:
for MaxSensorHeight= -25
MaxRange is 2800 need to be 28000
Old 11-02-14, 12:08 PM   #131
Leitender
Planesman

Hi Tycho,

thank you again very much for your finding. Iīm really sorry for that mistake and Iīd like to update the mod immediatly. But first may I ask for your experience with the minimum depth of the Balkon? Does it work with your installation on the surface normally as expected, continously or do you have to increase detph? Otherwise we could discuss another value for the minimum depth when using the balkon.

Your answer would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance

Greetings

Leitender
Old 11-02-14, 12:47 PM   #132
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

Sorry, Leitender! But in my campaigns I never reach 1944 years. I never used Balkon hydrophones. I open your Sensors.cam with s3d, only from curiosity, and for comparison. Notice this mistake accidentally.
Old 11-02-14, 12:57 PM   #133
Leitender
Planesman

Hi Tycho,

all right, thank you though for your answer I wish you good luck in your further carreer. Keep alive!

Iīll update the reworked version afterwards. But again, all credits go to Rubini, it was his idea and it is his mod! Thank you so much Rubini for sharing your work with us!

Leitender

Download v.1.2.:

New_Hydrophones_layersV2.0_reworked1.2

Last edited by Leitender; 11-02-14 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-07-15, 04:17 PM   #134
LGN1
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 12

Hi,

does anybody know whether in real life the KDB was mounted in addition to the GHG or whether it replaced the GHG? Any known sources about this issue?

Regards, LGN1
LGN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-15, 04:41 AM   #135
Leitender
Planesman

Hi LGN1,

I was also wondering about this for a long time - and I have found no proof of addition / replacement of the GHG. But from the context, it seems the KDB was added to the GHG for the following reasons:

Every new boat since 1935 was equipped with a GHG by standard, the receicvers around the fore dive planes, the listening device in the - listening room. The KDB however and its listening device was mounted above resp. in the bow room, NOT in the radio room.

Why this disadvantageous position, if not because the KDB was an addition instead of a replacement? Then: The GHG was well working. Why dismount it, if there remained enough place for both? Instead, the KDB was not longer fitted to the boats at around 1942. It was even dismounted from (some?) boats already in action. I donīt believe that would have be done, if there wasnīt the GHG still in place. But thatīs all I can say from what Iīve read, especially from Rösslerīs book.

Greetings

Leitender